ATreat that is Simply Delicious and Beneficial
I fell in love with apricots a few years ago when the manager where I work arrange for my coworkers along with myself to have lunch at a 5-star resort. One of the desserts that were on the menu was dried apricots. When I tasted it, it was simply delicious that I ask the cook in the restaurant what they were and that was how I was first introduced to this most amazing fruit.
Apricots have such an interesting history and the journey of this fruit has been long cultivated and harvested from generation to generation.
The history of apricots
According to historical records, apricots were cultivated in China about 3-4000 BC and many years later made their way to Armenia and Europe. The tree later was introduced to Virginia in 1720
and then in 1792, this tree graced the continent of North America. There are several species of apricots that belongs to the stone family.
Many delicious desserts are made with apricots that are really mind-blowing from pies to cake, pastries, and drinks. But what I love is to eat them when they are dried.
dried apricots like in this photo are simply mouthwatering and very delicious. I can just taste them now yummy so good. What I love about this superfood is they are not only delicious but very healthy so we get the best of both worlds.
Their sweetness and their many benefits they contain.
What are some of the benefits of a diet in apricots?
Apricots health benefits
Here are a few apricots health benefits that I believe will really interest you.
1. Apricots are great for our health. Apricots are rich in Vitamin C that helps to support heart health. A diet of apricots keeps the arteries clean by removing a buildup of cholesterol which can contribute to heart disease.
2. Promotes a good bowel movement. Because of their high fiber content apricots does a great job in making it easier when it’s time for the bathroom break.
3. Apricots are loaded with antioxidants which help the body to get rid of free radicals and toxins that can cause much harm.
4. Because of its good Vitamin A content source, apricots promotes eye health.
5. The healing properties that are found in apricots can give healthy skin.
6. Apricots are great when fighting cancer because of their ability to get rid of free radicals that contribute to cancer.
7. Apricots improve our metabolism because of their great potassium content.
8. Apricots improve bone health
Vitamin A, Vitamin B-6, Vitamin B-12, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Magnesium, Potassium, Copper, Fiber, Iron, Calcium, manganese, and Phosphorus.
The final word
So there is no mystery as to why this fruit has made it on the list of superfoods. Apricots are pretty amazing because of their taste and healing properties
I encourage you to give these fruits a try and benefit in a great way from all they have to offer.
About the author
Norman loves being in the garden, both at home and for his job....
he is 'Natures Little helper' being outdoors, growing his vegetables and flowers from an early age.
Now having spent over 22 years in the profession he want to give some of his knowledge to others...
his vast array of hints and tips you will find scattered over this site will help you no end growing plants in your garden.