Promoting our health by installing a lawn
Grass can add such appeal to landscapes and garden areas. Over the years I have worked on many garden projects installing grass and it was amazing to see how those newly install grass transform those areas.
There are so many species of grass that are being us for many different reasons, but one thing that we can agree on is how grass gives such a touch of class.
Many homeowners and business owners install grass for beauty and a more professional look. While it is true that time, money, and effort have to be invested in having a beautiful lawn, it is worth the investment.
Different species of grass require different maintenance practices, I have written an article that explains some of the different grass types and how they should be maintained, just follow this link. Grass-type and their care.
Benefit of grass
Here are some ways grass is used
1. Football fields.
2. Baseball diamond.
3. Soccer fields.
4. Softball fields.
6. Golf courses.
And the list goes on. So we can see that grass is used in so many ways.
But in what other ways can grass serve us?
Other benefits of grass
1. Grass can help keep weeds down. Having a lawn that is healthy and growing can actually block out weed seeds and stop them from germinating.
2. A nicely maintained lawn can have such an effect on a person’s mind which calm their emotion.
3. Grass can help to control soil erosion by absorbing small amounts of chemicals before it makes contact with the soil.
4. Grass helps to keep the dust down and is said to be a natural air purifier helping to pull impurities out of the air.
5. Grass helps to provide oxygen.
6. Grass can trap and stop water runoff.
7. A well- maintained area which consists of grass-like parks can put people in a relaxed state of mind where they tend to socialize.
8. Grass help keeps soil temperature down which contributes to the earth becoming cooler.
The final word
Garden lawns serve so many purposes and are beneficial in contributing to our environment, so let us do our part in installing these air purifiers bringing balance to our environment.
About the author
Norman loves being in the garden, both at home and for his job....
he is 'Natures Little helper' being outdoors, growing his vegetables and flowers from an early age.
Now having spent over 22 years in the profession he want to give some of his knowledge to others...
his vast array of hints and tips you will find scattered over this site will help you no end growing plants in your garden.