Benefit Of Mulching
Mulches and an added benefit
I have worked with mulches on many garden projects and the added benefits are really great, Mulches can give that detail look adding to the overall appearance of your landscape.
But the neat thing about mulches is that it serves so many benefits that are also of great benefit to plant life.
Some of these mulches include red, cypress, chocolate and cedar just to name a few.
Purpose of mulching
The purpose of mulching includes
1. Beautification-Mulches are great for beautification purposes. Nothing like a well-maintained garden or landscape that is nicely mulch.
2. Weed control-The purpose of mulch is to keep down weeds. Adding about 3 inches of mulch is excellent for weed control.
3. Temperature control-Mulches help to keep soil temperature that is good for plants root.
4. Moisture retention-Moisture absorbs and retains water for plant use.
5. Nutrients-Mulches are a good organic source of natural organic, and as the mulch breaks down it adds nutrients to the soil.
6.Soil Ph- Mulches help to maintain soil Ph that is so vital for plant life.
7. Soil erosion-Mulches help against soil erosion by keeping rain from washing away your soil.
8. Saves time and $$$-Because mulches help to retain water, waterless can save you time and money.
9. Biological activity-Mulches help to encourage earthworms and other biological activity in your garden.
10.Frost damage-protects plants from frost damage.
11. Beneficial insect-Can encourage the beneficial insect or good bugs in your garden area that is beneficial for plant life.
12. Protects expose roots.
Mulches are really beneficial to our landscape and gardens, the benefits are really great, so take advantage of these natural organics that can work wonders as you reap the benefits.