Nutritional Facts About Broccoli
Broccoli like other vegetables is best eaten raw or semi boil, however over boiling can destroy valuable vitamins, a good way that I like to eat broccoli is semi boil with melted cheese. Here are some fun facts, salads, Vitamins, and healing compounds broccoli has.
1. Broccoli is a part of the cabbage family.
2. The head of broccoli is made up of tiny flower buds.
3. Broccoli can be eaten raw.
4. Broccoli has been around for more than 2000 years.
5. If broccoli is allowed to overripe they will turn yellow.
6. Broccoli contains fiber that aids in good bowel movement.
Broccoli contains Vitamin K Vitamin C, calcium, carotenoids lutein, zeaxanthin and beta-carotene.
Illness that broccoli can help to fight against
1. A diet rich in broccoli helps to prevent cancer.
2. Detoxifies the body.
3. Broccoli helps with constipation.
4. Helps to lower blood pressure.
5. Lowers cholesterol.
6.Can help persons that suffer from arthritis.
7. A diet rich in broccoli can help to repair damaged skin.
8. Broccoli helps to strengthen the immune system.
9. Broccoli helps in weight loss.
10. Aids in a good bowel movement.
The final word
Broccoli is one of nature’s wonder that can supply us with nutrients we need to help fight disease and promote good health, so let’s make this veggie a part of our diet.