Nutritional Facts About Carrots
Do you remember the bugs bunny cartoon series that old warner bros cartoon, I remembered him most for his famous phrase “what’s up doc” as he chewed on a piece of carrot, I am sure this made eating carrots interesting for a lot of children
I know of a family member who was inspired by this, from a toddler she would say what’s up doc and began to chew on a carrot stick talk about inspiration, what a way to get a child to eat her veggies. In this article, we will be looking at carrot varieties, the nutrients that they contain and how they can help us combat certain illness.
You can also check out this article (vegetable Garden ) on how to grow carrots.
Chantenay carrots are fat round shape carrots that grow best from summer-fall, these carrots can grow in just about any soil, The sweet taste of chantenay is great. Chantenay carrots taste great in cole slaw.
Danvers carrots are broad shaped that also has a good taste, these carrots grow best in a well- drain soil when the weather cools down a bit.
I love baby carrots because you can use them just as they are in soups and salads, these carrots also have a sweet taste. Baby carrots grow best in soils that are well- drained and which is also rich in compost.
Nantes carrots also have a sweet taste, Nantes is picky when it comes to soils and prefers a soil that is well-drained or sandy where the organic content is high.
Imperator carrots are fat carrots with a long shape, imperators grow best in soils that are rich in organics.
Now that we have learned about the different varieties and what it takes to produce a good harvest, we will be looking at some fun facts about carrots that are so amazing.
1. Carrots are considered to be a large root.
2. It is said that by chewing on raw carrots regularly keeps your teeth clean.
3. Carrots aids in good vision.
4. It is said that carrots sticks which are soft can become crunchy once again if soaked in cold water.
5. Carrots are the second most popular vegetable.
6. The green tops of carrots can be eaten.
7. Carrots contain 88% water.
8. At one time carrots were grown for medicine, not for food.
9. Carrots can either be eaten raw, cooked or can be turned into juice.
10. It’s said that eating too many carrots can actually cause your skin to turn orange.
Vitamins content of carrots
Carrots are loaded with Vitamins that do our bodies so much good, what are these Vitamins?.
Vitamin A, Vitamin K, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, potassium, phosphorus, manganese, copper, molybdenum, niacin, beta-carotene, antioxidants , folate and fiber.
Carrot health facts
What illness can carrots help us combat?.
- Carrots can help in giving us good vision.
- Helps to prevent heart disease.
- Helps to prevent cancer
- Carrots help to slow down aging.
- Cleanses the body.
- A diet that contains carrots helps to lower cholesterol.
- Carrots juice helps to fight leukemia.
- A balanced diet that contains carrots helps beautify the skin.
- Aids in hair growth.
- Carrots are known to be a good blood sugar regulator.
The final word
Our health is one of our greatest assets and we must do all that we can to maintain it, by adding veggies to our diets we will not only be promoting ourhealth but prolonging our lives. So let’s make veggies a part of our diet.