Nutritional Facts About Celery
One of the wonders of celery is celery cannot only be used for food but their leaves can be used as a garnish to decorate dishes giving them that extra touch.
The leaves of celery can be added to soups, here where I live in the Bahamas one of the dishes that is a favorite is call peas soup.
We will talk about that a bit later on how to prepare this mouth-watering meal. But celery including the leaves is a part of what is used to cook this wonderful soup.
We can use celery in so many ways, but in this article, we will be looking at some fun facts, nutritional facts, foods and how a diet that consists of celery can benefit us in fighting certain illness. To learn more about celery click on this link.
1. It is said that celery has been around for over 3000 years.
2. Celery is known to promote the immune system.
3. Celery was first used as food doing the 16th century.
4. In ancient Greece, those who competed in sports and won were presented with a bunch of celery as a bouquet of flowers
5. The seeds of celery are big as a full stop or period (.)
6. It is believed that chewing on celery sticks after a meal can clean your teeth.
7. In ancient times celery was used to cure anxiety and toothache.
8. I have heard of a town that is known as celery ville.
9. Every part of the celery can be eaten.
10. Celery was once said to calm nerves.
Celery is rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin C, folate, potassium, Vitamin K, Molybdenum, Copper, Calcium, and fiber
Body illness that celery fights
- Celery helps to fight cancer.
- Helps with a bowel movement.
- Reduces cholesterol.
- Helps protect against inflammation in the digestive tract.
- Is said to be beneficial for the cardiovascular system.
- Celery helps with weight loss
- Celery helps to lower blood pressure.
- celery helps to strengthen the immune system.
- Helps fight gout.
The final word
Celery is loaded with Vitamins along with other healing agents that can aid the body in so many ways, so take advantage of this veggie and make it a part of your diet.