Benefits Of Eating Greens
Going Green the Power of Green
Hello everybody, As I am writing this post, this is the last day of 2017 and I just want to say a happy new year and the best of health and success to both you and your family.
We are on the verge of stepping into a brand new year, now I know for some of us 2017 was filled with a lot of challenges, along with some good times but as the new year looms ahead there are many persons
that has made or is about to make those new years resolution hoping to capture or accomplish those dreams in 2018.
Whether it is health and fitness, family time, pursuing those goals and so on 2018 can be the year for you as you stay focus while being committed to those plans
In this article, however, we will be focusing on the POWER of GREEN and how it can benefit us in 2018. Don’t get me wrong I don’t want to scare you. I am not saying that you will look like the guy in the photo above by going green
but the benefits of eating greens will benefit you in so many ways as your health is taken to the next level.
Obesity in adults
There is a growing concern about the number of persons who are at risk and for those whose health is declining because of a lack of including greens in their diet.
Sitting down at the dinner tables in many homes across the country is very disturbing to see the unhealthy foods that are being consumed by families.
It is said in the United States that more than half of the adults are overweight and because of this, they stand a great chance of getting type 2 diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, the stroke and other illness that is related to having a poor diet.
Obesity in Children
When it comes to children it is also alarming of the many who are overweight. Studies have also shown that in the United State 1 out of 3 kids are overweight
which can lead to type 2 diabetes, bone, and joint problems, high blood pressure, heart problems, trouble breathing and other health-related issues.
Studies have also shown that being overweight is a major contributor to persons dying in the United States.
I believe the time has come especially as we enter 2018 to give our bodies what it needs and that is green fuel which is rich in Vitamins, the benefits of eating greens is truly good for our health.
Benefits of eating greens
We are robbing ourselves of all the vitamins and other benefits that are found in green foods which are also superfoods. Now it does not make sense to shortchange ourselves of those things that can benefit us in so many ways.
Here are some true facts as to why we should include greens in our diets.
1. Greens are loaded with antioxidants- antioxidants help to rid the body of free radicals that can lead to cancers and other health-related issues. Greens are also a good source of Vitamin C and E, will help to protect your skin.
2. Greens promote eye health- a diet of greens can help you to have a picture perfect view. Vitamin A that is found in greens is responsible for this.
3. Weight control- greens especially dark leafy ones contain a lot of water and are low in calories which makes them ideal for weight control.
4. Dark leafy greens help to promote heart health- greens help to regulate erythropoietin which is a hormone that is responsible for reducing blood clots and heart attacks.
5. Dark leafy vegetables have been known to promote brain health- The vitamin B9 that is found in these veggies is responsible for this. Antioxidants rich leafy greens also help to protect the brain from damage caused by free radicals.
6. Fight diabetes with dark leafy greens-greens contain polyphenols, magnesium, and ala omega-3 fatty acid which helps to control insulin and glycemic that lowers the chance of diabetes.
7. Greens are known to be an energy booster-greens contain the B Vitamins converts carbs in foods to glucose to produce energy.
So as you see from some of these facts the benefits of eating greens are pretty amazing.
Some green veggies include
- Avocados which is very delicious.
- Lettuce which is a superfood that aids in weight loss.
- Bell peppers which I love to include in salads.
- Spinach that has so many benefits.
- Cabbages that taste great in soups or salads.
- Celery that is also a favorite of mine.
- Cucumbers that help to spruce up that garden salad.
- Zucchini can aid the body in so many ways.
- Green peas that have such a sweet flavor.
- Green lima beans which can work wonders.
- Broccoli that can be eaten raw in salads or semi-cooked and eaten with a
- little melted cheese.
Creating green spaces
Green spaces can be really great because by creating green spaces you will be improving your quality of life besides giving nature a helping hand. Green spaces involve creating a garden whether a herb or vegetable garden, planting fruit trees
connecting with nature as you improve your life. Now that’s too many benefits to miss out on.
Benefits of eating greens
These veggies can be purchased at your local supermarket or better yet if you haven’t as yet you can start a home garden and grow these superfoods in your backyard
That way you will have an almost endless supply of these veggies as you get that much need exercise while saving a few $$$$$$$$. I tell you going green in 2018 has its benefits and you will be happy that you made the decision, so let’s get going and start growing green in 2018.