Benefits OF Sunflower Seeds
SUPERCHARGING your diet with this SUPERFOOD
Our health is one of our greatest investment, therefore, we should do all that we can to maintain proper health. In fact, studies have shown that those who live a healthy lifestyle live an average of 10 or more years longer than those that have a poor lifestyle when it comes to diet.
Each year millions are in the doctor’s office or are hospitalized because of health-related issues due to poor diet. While it is true that some person although living a poor lifestyle live way into their 70s and beyond it is still good to cultivate a healthy lifestyle because the percentage of persons that falls in this group of living an unhealthy lifestyle is small.
Over the years I have seen many people from the young, middle age to the old that have health issues due to poor diet. In fact, I know of a lady whose son is about 12 years of age and weights about 2oo lbs which aren’t good for this kid.
However, this article will be covering a superfood that is so popular and has gained worldwide attention because of its many benefits. Some may call it bird food but adding this bird food to our diet is so beneficial for our health.
Sunflower seed history
Sunflowers have a very interesting history, this plant originated from North America then travel thousands of miles to Russia and then return many years later back to the place where it all started.
Sunflower seeds is a SUPERFOOD that can SUPERCHARGE your health. The seeds of the sunflower have lived up to its name and have proven to deliver a POWER PACK PUNCH that has been very beneficial to so many peoples health.
Eating sunflower seeds as a snack
Sunflower seeds make a great snack and can be eaten as is or can be added to raisins and nuts for a delicious nutritious blend. I prefer mixing them with raisins and nuts for a taste that is so amazing besides getting the extra Vitamins and benefits from these other foods.
Benefits of sunflower seeds
Here are some awesome benefits of the sunflower seed
1. Sunflower seeds are a good source of antioxidants that help the body to get rid of free radicals that can cause cancer.
2. Promotes heart health by reducing the bad cholesterol level that can clog the arteries leading to heart attacks and strokes.
3. Promotes bone health because of its rich source of calcium, magnesium, and copper.
4. Sunflower seeds have a soothing effect on the nerves and can help to keep you calm because of its abundance of magnesium.
5. The rich Vitamin E content in sunflower seeds helps to promote healthy skin.
6. The Vitamin E content along with Iron in sunflower seeds is great to promote healthy hair growth.
7. Sunflower seeds are rich in fiber that aids in a good bowel movement.
8. Sunflower seeds help to promote good cholesterol.
9. Sunflower seed oil is rich in Vitamin B1 and B6 that promotes good digestion.
10. Sunflower oil is been shown to help in the fight against rheumatoid arthritis.
11. Sunflower helps to promote the immune system because these seeds are high in zinc.
12. A diet in sunflower seeds helps with the proper function of the thyroid gland.
Benefits of sunflower seeds
Vitamins of sunflower seeds
Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Copper, Iron, Phosphorus, Magnesium, Manganese, Thiamine, Selenium, Niacin, Zinc, Folate, Dietary fiber.
Sunflower seeds are so awesome and adding this superfood to your diet can give your health the boost that it needs. Giving this superfood a try can benefit you in so many ways as you SUPERCHARGE your HEALTH with this SUPERFOOD.