Boosting Your Liver
Our liver is dark reddish and brown. The liver is responsible for helping to detoxify the body, eliminate old blood cells, helps to keep the blood clean, helps the body to get rid of alcohol and on therefore it is very important that we do all that we can to ensure our liver is functioning at its best.
In order for this to happen there are certain foods which we should include in our diet and there are foods that should be avoided. Remember in one of my article on health we looked at foods and determine that some foods which look good, have a wonderful aroma and taste good may not be good for us.
Foods that damage our liver
Besides alcohol which is damaging to our liver, here are some foods we should avoid.
1. Pastries-Pastries are loaded with sugar and can do liver damage, avoid or at least eat very moderately.
2. Candies-Candies are also loaded with sugar and should be treated as pastries.
3. Sodas-Sodas should be treated the same as pastries and candies.
4. Foods that are high in fat should be avoided.
5. Smoking can damage your liver.
6. High salt intake.
7. Some prescription drugs.
8. Believe it or not even some herbal teas have been reported to damage our liver.
Signs of liver damage
1. Dark colour urine. 5. Itchy skin.
2. Swelling in the legs. 6. Vomiting.
3. Swelling in the ankles. 7. Weakness
4. Eyes that take on a yellowish appearance. 8. Abdominal pain
Foods that promote a healthy liver
1. Green tea.
2. Grapefruit juice.
The final word
Our liver is an important organ that benefits our bodies in so many ways so let’s do our best to promote proper liver care.