Boosting Your Liver
Our liver is dark reddish and brown and is responsible for helping to detoxify the body, eliminate old blood cells, helps to keep the blood clean, helps the body to get rid of alcohol and so much more therefore it is very important that we do all that we can to ensure our liver is function at its best at all times.
In order for this to happen there are certain foods that we should include in our diet and there are foods that we should avoid. Remember in one of my article on health we looked at foods and determine that some foods that look good, smell good and taste good may not be good for us.
Foods that damage our liver
Besides alcohol that is damaging to our liver, here are some foods that we should avoid.
1. Pastries-Pastries are loaded with sugar and can do liver damage, avoid or at least eat very moderately.
2. Candies-Candies are also loaded with sugar and should be treated as pastries.
3. Sodas-Sodas should be treated the same as pastries and candies.
4.Foods that are high in fat.
5. Smoking can damage your liver.
6. High salt intake.
7. Some prescription drugs.
8. Believe it or not even so herbal teas have been reported to damage our liver.
Signs of liver damage
1.Dark color urine. 5.Itchy skin.
2. Swelling in the legs. 6.Vomiting.
3. Swelling in the ankles. 7.Weakness
4.Eyes that take on a yellowish appearance. 8.Abdominal pain and
Foods that promote a healthy liver
Our liver is an important organ that benefits our bodies in so many ways so let’s do our best to promote proper liver care.