Category: Health Benefits
Going Green in 2018, the power of Green
Hello everybody, As I am writing this post, this is the last day of 2017 and I just want to say a happy new year and the best of health and success to both you and your family.
We are on the verge of stepping into a brand new year, now I know for some of us 2017 was filled with a lot of challenges, along with some good times but as the new year looms ahead there are many
that has made or is about to make those new years resolution hoping to capture or accomplishing those dreams in 2018.
Whether it is health and fitness, family time, pursuing those goals and so on 2018 can be the year for you as you stay focus while being committed to those plans
In this article, however, we will be focusing on the POWER of GREEN and how it can benefit us in 2018. Don’t get me wrong I don’t want to scare you. I am not saying that you will look like the guy in the photo above by going green
but the benefits of eating greens will benefit you in so many ways as your health is taken to the next level.
Obesity in adults
There is a growing concern about the number of persons who are at risk and for those whose health is declining because of a lack of including greens in their diet.
Sitting down at the dinner tables in many homes across the country is very disturbing to see the unhealthy foods that are being consumed by families.
It is said in the United States that more than half of the adults are overweight and because of this, they stand a great chance of getting type 2 diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, the stroke and other illness that is related to having a poor diet.
Obesity in Children
When it comes to children it is also alarming of the many who are overweight. Studies have also shown that in the United State 1 out of 3 kids are overweight
which can lead to type 2 diabetes, bone, and joint problems, high blood pressure, heart problems, trouble breathing and other health-related issues.
Studies have also shown that being overweight is a major contributor off persons dying in the United States.
I believe the time has come especially as we enter 2018 to give our bodies what it needs and that is green fuel that is rich in Vitamins the benefits of eating greens is truly good for our health.
Benefits of eating greens
We are robbing ourselves of all the vitamins and other benefits that are found in green foods that are also superfoods. Now it does not make sense to shortchange ourselves of those things that can benefit us in so many ways.
Here are some true facts as to why we should include greens in our diets.
1. Greens are loaded with antioxidants- antioxidants help to rid the body of free radicals that can lead to cancers and other health-related issues. Greens are also a good source of Vitamin C and E, will help to protect your skin.
2. Greens promote eye health- a diet of greens can help you to have a picture perfect view. Vitamin A that is found in greens is responsible for this.
3. Weight control- greens especially dark leafy ones contain a lot of water and are low in calories which makes them ideal for weight control.
4. Dark leafy greens help to promote heart health- greens help to regulate erythropoietin which is a hormone that is responsible for reducing blood clots and heart attacks.
5. Dark leafy vegetables have been known to promote brain health- The vitamin B9 that is found in these veggies is responsible for this. Antioxidants rich leafy greens also help to protect the brain from damage caused by free radicals.
6. Fight diabetes with dark leafy greens- greens contain polyphenols, magnesium, and ala omega-3 fatty acid which helps to control insulin and glycemic that lowers the chance of diabetes.
7. Greens are known to be an energy booster- greens contain the B Vitamins converts carbs in foods to glucose to produce energy.
So as you can see from some of these facts the benefits of eating greens are pretty amazing.
Some green veggies include
- Avocados which is very delicious.
- Lettuce which is a superfood that aids in weight loss.
- Bell peppers which I love to include in salads.
- Spinach that has so many benefits.
- Cabbages that taste great in soups or salads.
- Celery that is also a favorite of mine.
- Cucumbers that help to spruce up that garden salad.
- Zucchini which can aid the body in so many ways.
- Green peas that have such a sweet flavor.
- Green lima beans which can work wonders.
- Broccoli that can be eaten raw in salads or semi-cooked and eaten with a
- little melted cheese.
Creating green spaces
Green spaces can be really great because by creating green spaces you will be improving your quality of life besides giving nature a helping hand. Green spaces involves creating a garden whether a herb or vegetable garden, planting fruit trees
connecting with nature as you improve your life. Now that is too many benefits to miss out on.
Benefits of eating greens
These veggies can be purchased at your local supermarket or better yet if you haven’t as yet you can start a home garden and grow these superfoods in your backyard
That way you will have an almost endless supply of these veggies as you get that much need exercise while saving a few $$$$$$$$. I tell you going green in 2018 has its benefits and you will be happy that you made the decision, so let’s get going and start growing green in 2018.
Feel free to browse Eden’s Garden website for more information on starting your home garden.
The amazing coco plum
Coco plums are truly amazing because of what they have to offer. In my last article on coco plums, we looked at the advantages of having this plant as a part of your garden feature.
you can check it out here ( growing coco plums). In this article, we will be looking at the healthy side of coco plums and how they can benefit us.
What I love about nature is that nature is considered to be our Pharmacy and not just our pharmacy but using what is available to us to heal naturally. That means no side effects only pure natural goodness.
Coco plum health benefits
Here are a few health benefits of the coco plum plant that I am sure will have you buzzing with excitement.
1. Adding coco plums to your diet can improve heart health.
2. Coco plums have antioxidants that help to rid the body of free radicals.
3. Can Improve kidney health.
4. Is good for the gallbladder.
5. Can aid in weight loss.
6. Improves eye health.
7. Improves blood.
8. Helps to reduce the risk of the stroke.
9. Improves skin.
10. Fight against macular degeneration.
Coco plum Vitamins
Coco plums contain Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin k, Iron, Calcium, Potassium, Protein, Dietary fiber, Copper, beta-carotene.
This small fruit can really pack a punch and help to maintain our health in so many ways.
This is nature at its best providing us with all this natural goodness to keep us healthy and happy. Give it a try, you will be so glad that you did.
Growing healthy happy kids
Over the years when it came to the subject of getting a detox the focus was mainly on adults, now with the changing of times, this focus has now shifted to children also having this experience of getting a detox because our children need this also.
We live in a real world where children are also faced with the same issues such as being exposed to toxins that are being carried in the air and water also foods that are grown and produced with the use of harmful chemicals. Therefore it’s no wonder the focus has shifted to help our children live a healthier and happy lifestyle.
Detox for children
One of the awesome things about being a parent or guardian is to watch our kids grow and really enjoy their lives as children. Therefore it is our responsibility to do all that we can to ensure that this is their reality.
I have kids of my own and I remembered there were times when they were not doing so well and that was a great concern to both my wife and I but when they bounced back from those ailments it gives us such a good feeling of how important it is to ensure that our children are healthy at all times.
Medical findings and facts of children being exposed to toxins
One of the challenges of medical science and other institutions is seeking to educate the general public about toxins that are affecting our children in so many ways.
And the alarming thing is where these toxins are found. What is so scary is it has been discovered that more than 900 chemicals are used in fibers to make clothing, paints, papers, house sprays, furniture’s and so much more.
Children are more vulnerable because their bodies are still developing as they reach maturity. It seems as if we can’t get away, but the good news is there is hope as we seek to win the war on these health concerns.
Example of some of these chemicals
Some of these chemicals that may be found in our homes include
1. Nicotine. 7. Asbestos.
2. Phthalates. 8. Bisphenol A.
3. Heavy metals. 9. Ethanol.
4. Carcinogens. 10. Thalidomide.
5. Mercury. 11. Teratogenic agents.
6. Lead. 12. Endocrine Disruptors.
Detoxing with fruits, veggies, and herbs
What I love about nature is that there is an abundance of natural ways we can go about this process that will help our children to detox. fruits, veggies, and herbs are natures pharmacy that can help us accomplish this goal.
1. Garlic- is a natural purifier that can help to cleanse the system.
2. Beets– juice is great, I remembered as a child my parents gave my brother and sisters along with myself beets juice to drink. Beets purifies the blood
3. Papayas– are also great to cleanse the system, the seeds may be eaten also.
4. Apples– contains lots of fiber that can aid in a good bowel movement.
5. Lemon mixed with water helps to cleanse the liver.
6. Water– Drinking purified water helps to flush the system.
7. Coconut water– helps to keep the kidneys working at its best.
8. Apple cider vinegar– has been known to help in cleansing the system, 1 tsp. in a cup of water once a week can offer some help.
9. Avocados– helps to cleanse the liver.
10. Basils– has anti-bacterial properties along with an abundance of antioxidants that helps to rid the body of free radicals.
11. Ginger– cleanse the liver and helps get rid of waste.
12. Peppermint has an awesome aroma and a very pleasant taste. This herb can be used to fight the sore throat associated with the flu and colds. Peppermint has the ability to stop the coughs along with acting as a lung cleanser.
13.Cranberries– has the ability to fight bladder infections.
14. Pumpkin seeds– helps the body to get rid of parasites.
15. Broccoli– has the ability to fight cancer-causing agents.
16. Green tea is loaded with antioxidants that help to rid the body of free radicals.
There are so much more that can be added to this list, but by ensuring that your children include some of these in their diet can go a long way in helping to rid the body of toxins.
Another way to keep children healthy is by giving a detox bath which is pretty amazing. There are many recipes that can help with this, here is one that you can try.
Children that weights less than 60 lbs add 1/2 cup of Epsom salt to bath water.
Kids that weights more than 60 lbs add l cup of Epsom salt to the bathtub.
There are so many more recipes you can try to keep your children healthy and happy. Also adding a few indoor plants around the home can help to keep the air clean.
Nasser did a study many years ago and according to that study having a few houseplant can get rid off as much as 85 % toxins by pulling them out of the air and filtering them through their root system.
There is much more that can be said on this topic that is beyond the scope of this article. This is just so you can see what we are up against and the many solutions that are at our fingertips.
Our children are our greatest investment so let’s do our part in ensuring that they remain healthy and happy at all times.
Here we are again, we are at years end and are about to enter a new year full of new dreams and hopes. One of the interesting things that I found out about the new year is that most of us have one thing in common and that is making those new years resolutions.
Some of those resolutions may include spending more time with family and friends, taking on a new career or maybe it is taking time out and really enjoying the roses along life journey and the list goes on.
Then for others, it is living a healthier lifestyle because you owe it to yourself to be in the best shape ever. There is also the challenge of so many mouthwatering foods and treats that we are tempted to indulge in each day
it is quite clear that we train ourselves in saying NO or at least consuming those foods in moderation to maintain our health. In some ways, many adults are like kids in that they hate the good stuff and will really feast on those foods that are not healthy.
As children, most of us if not all of us are too familiar with the words that we dreaded hearing and that was eat your veggies. Veggies are a great source of Vitamins and the benefits they offer are really amazing.
In this article, we will be taking a look at the health benefits of cauliflowers and the Vitamins they contain.
Cauliflower health benefits
Here are some amazing health benefits of cauliflowers that can really work wonders taking your health to the next level in the coming year.
1. Cauliflower is known as a brain food and can help boost your brain power.
2. This super veggie can help in the fight against cancer.
3. Cauliflower is a great source of antioxidants that help to rid our bodies of free radicals.
4. Want a healthy heart then make cauliflower a part of your diet.
5. Cauliflowers improve bone health.
6. This superfood can help in weight loss.
7. Helps to boost the immune system.
8. Promotes good digestion.
9. For healthier skin.
10. Help to control diabetes.
11. Reduces hypertension.
12. Detoxifies the body.
These are just a few of the many benefits that this Super Veggie offers.
Have it raw or cooked
What I love about this SuperFood is that you can eat it raw in salads or steamed. Whichever way you choose, take advantage of what this Veggie has to offer.
Vitamin content of Cauliflower.
Cauliflower’s Vitamin content includes
Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Copper, Iron, Calcium, Zinc, Manganese, Magnesium, Potassium, Sodium, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, folates, Pantothenic acid, Pyridoxine, Protein, Dietary fiber.
Cauliflower health benefits are really amazing so include this superfood in your diet and reap the rewards not only for the upcoming year but for years to come. Trust me, you will be glad that you did.
The amazing world of figs
Figs do not only make a delightful treat but the benefits of figs are of great value and can really give our bodies the boost that it needs. I remembered as a child growing up fig newton was a snack that I often ate.
What is also great about figs is that figs are low in calories. Figs are used in many recipes and products so I invite you to take advantage of this fruit and all that it has to offer.
Figs have been harvested from ancient times and are a native of western Asia and the Middle East.
So many people are now discovering the healthy side of figs. In this article, we will be looking at some of these benefits and why we should take advantage of them.
Fig health benefits
Fig health benefits include
1. Strengthens bones.
2. Help to prevent breast cancer
3. Helps to prevent colon cancer.
4. May help in weight loss.
5. Promotes heart health.
6. Lowers blood pressure.
7. Figs are a good source of antioxidants that aid the body in getting rid of free radicals.
8. Figs are a good source of fiber that aids in good bowel movement.
9. Figs aids in lowering cholesterol.
10. Figs are an immune booster.
11. Figs are good for our skin.
12. Promotes healthy liver.
13. Figs are great for our hair.
14. Aids in reducing throat pain.
15. Prevent hypertension.
Fig health benefits are so amazing as you can see that they are Numerous.
The Vitamin content of figs includes
Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Niacin, Calcium, Zinc, Iron, Copper, Potassium, Magnesium, Manganese, Riboflavin, Thiamin, Dietary fiber, Protein, Foliates, Pyridoxine, Pantothenic acid, Lutein-Zeaxanthin, Carotene-B.
Fig health benefits are truly great so make figs a part of your diet and take advantage of figs as you boost your body with this superfood that has helped so many people worldwide.