Category: Health Benefits
The amazing coco plum
Coco plums are truly amazing because of what they have to offer. In my last article on coco plums, we looked at the advantages of having this plant as a part of your garden feature.
you can check it out here ( growing coco plums). In this article, we will be looking at the healthy side of coco plums and how they can benefit us.
What I love about nature is that nature is considered to be our Pharmacy and not just our pharmacy but using what is available to us to heal naturally. That means no side effects only pure natural goodness.
Coco plum health benefits
Here are a few health benefits of the coco plum plant that I am sure will have you buzzing with excitement.
1. Adding coco plums to your diet can improve heart health.
2. Coco plums have antioxidants that help to rid the body of free radicals.
3. Can Improve kidney health.
4. Is good for the gallbladder.
5. Can aid in weight loss.
6. Improves eye health.
7. Improves blood.
8. Helps to reduce the risk of the stroke.
9. Improves skin.
10. Fight against macular degeneration.
Coco plum Vitamins
Coco plums contain Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin k, Iron, Calcium, Potassium, Protein, Dietary fiber, Copper, beta-carotene.
This small fruit can really pack a punch and help to maintain our health in so many ways.
This is nature at its best providing us with all this natural goodness to keep us healthy and happy. Give it a try, you will be so glad that you did.
Growing healthy happy kids
Over the years when it came to the subject of getting a detox the focus was mainly on adults, now with the changing of times, this focus has now shifted to children also having this experience of getting a detox because our children need this also.
We live in a real world where children are also faced with the same issues such as being exposed to toxins that are being carried in the air and water also foods that are grown and produced with the use of harmful chemicals. Therefore it’s no wonder the focus has shifted to help our children live a healthier and happy lifestyle.
Detox for children
One of the awesome things about being a parent or guardian is to watch our kids grow and really enjoy their lives as children. Therefore it is our responsibility to do all that we can to ensure that this is their reality.
I have kids of my own and I remembered there were times when they were not doing so well and that was a great concern to both my wife and I but when they bounced back from those ailments it gives us such a good feeling of how important it is to ensure that our children are healthy at all times.
Medical findings and facts of children being exposed to toxins
One of the challenges of medical science and other institutions is seeking to educate the general public about toxins that are affecting our children in so many ways.
And the alarming thing is where these toxins are found. What is so scary is it has been discovered that more than 900 chemicals are used in fibers to make clothing, paints, papers, house sprays, furniture’s and so much more.
Children are more vulnerable because their bodies are still developing as they reach maturity. It seems as if we can’t get away, but the good news is there is hope as we seek to win the war on these health concerns.
Example of some of these chemicals
Some of these chemicals that may be found in our homes include
1. Nicotine. 7. Asbestos.
2. Phthalates. 8. Bisphenol A.
3. Heavy metals. 9. Ethanol.
4. Carcinogens. 10. Thalidomide.
5. Mercury. 11. Teratogenic agents.
6. Lead. 12. Endocrine Disruptors.
Detoxing with fruits, veggies, and herbs
What I love about nature is that there is an abundance of natural ways we can go about this process that will help our children to detox. fruits, veggies, and herbs are natures pharmacy that can help us accomplish this goal.
1. Garlic- is a natural purifier that can help to cleanse the system.
2. Beets– juice is great, I remembered as a child my parents gave my brother and sisters along with myself beets juice to drink. Beets purifies the blood
3. Papayas– are also great to cleanse the system, the seeds may be eaten also.
4. Apples– contains lots of fiber that can aid in a good bowel movement.
5. Lemon mixed with water helps to cleanse the liver.
6. Water– Drinking purified water helps to flush the system.
7. Coconut water– helps to keep the kidneys working at its best.
8. Apple cider vinegar– has been known to help in cleansing the system, 1 tsp. in a cup of water once a week can offer some help.
9. Avocados– helps to cleanse the liver.
10. Basils– has anti-bacterial properties along with an abundance of antioxidants that helps to rid the body of free radicals.
11. Ginger– cleanse the liver and helps get rid of waste.
12. Peppermint has an awesome aroma and a very pleasant taste. This herb can be used to fight the sore throat associated with the flu and colds. Peppermint has the ability to stop the coughs along with acting as a lung cleanser.
13.Cranberries– has the ability to fight bladder infections.
14. Pumpkin seeds– helps the body to get rid of parasites.
15. Broccoli– has the ability to fight cancer-causing agents.
16. Green tea is loaded with antioxidants that help to rid the body of free radicals.
There are so much more that can be added to this list, but by ensuring that your children include some of these in their diet can go a long way in helping to rid the body of toxins.
Another way to keep children healthy is by giving a detox bath which is pretty amazing. There are many recipes that can help with this, here is one that you can try.
Children that weights less than 60 lbs add 1/2 cup of Epsom salt to bath water.
Kids that weights more than 60 lbs add l cup of Epsom salt to the bathtub.
There are so many more recipes you can try to keep your children healthy and happy. Also adding a few indoor plants around the home can help to keep the air clean.
Nasser did a study many years ago and according to that study having a few houseplant can get rid off as much as 85 % toxins by pulling them out of the air and filtering them through their root system.
There is much more that can be said on this topic that is beyond the scope of this article. This is just so you can see what we are up against and the many solutions that are at our fingertips.
Our children are our greatest investment so let’s do our part in ensuring that they remain healthy and happy at all times.
Here we are again, we are at years end and are about to enter a new year full of new dreams and hopes. One of the interesting things that I found out about the new year is that most of us have one thing in common and that is making those new years resolutions.
Some of those resolutions may include spending more time with family and friends, taking on a new career or maybe it is taking time out and really enjoying the roses along life journey and the list goes on.
Then for others, it is living a healthier lifestyle because you owe it to yourself to be in the best shape ever. There is also the challenge of so many mouthwatering foods and treats that we are tempted to indulge in each day
it is quite clear that we train ourselves in saying NO or at least consuming those foods in moderation to maintain our health. In some ways, many adults are like kids in that they hate the good stuff and will really feast on those foods that are not healthy.
As children, most of us if not all of us are too familiar with the words that we dreaded hearing and that was eat your veggies. Veggies are a great source of Vitamins and the benefits they offer are really amazing.
In this article, we will be taking a look at the health benefits of cauliflowers and the Vitamins they contain.
Cauliflower health benefits
Here are some amazing health benefits of cauliflowers that can really work wonders taking your health to the next level in the coming year.
1. Cauliflower is known as a brain food and can help boost your brain power.
2. This super veggie can help in the fight against cancer.
3. Cauliflower is a great source of antioxidants that help to rid our bodies of free radicals.
4. Want a healthy heart then make cauliflower a part of your diet.
5. Cauliflowers improve bone health.
6. This superfood can help in weight loss.
7. Helps to boost the immune system.
8. Promotes good digestion.
9. For healthier skin.
10. Help to control diabetes.
11. Reduces hypertension.
12. Detoxifies the body.
These are just a few of the many benefits that this Super Veggie offers.
Have it raw or cooked
What I love about this SuperFood is that you can eat it raw in salads or steamed. Whichever way you choose, take advantage of what this Veggie has to offer.
Vitamin content of Cauliflower.
Cauliflower’s Vitamin content includes
Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Copper, Iron, Calcium, Zinc, Manganese, Magnesium, Potassium, Sodium, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, folates, Pantothenic acid, Pyridoxine, Protein, Dietary fiber.
Cauliflower health benefits are really amazing so include this superfood in your diet and reap the rewards not only for the upcoming year but for years to come. Trust me, you will be glad that you did.
The amazing world of figs
Figs do not only make a delightful treat but the benefits of figs are of great value and can really give our bodies the boost that it needs. I remembered as a child growing up fig newton was a snack that I often ate.
What is also great about figs is that figs are low in calories. Figs are used in many recipes and products so I invite you to take advantage of this fruit and all that it has to offer.
Figs have been harvested from ancient times and are a native of western Asia and the Middle East.
So many people are now discovering the healthy side of figs. In this article, we will be looking at some of these benefits and why we should take advantage of them.
Fig health benefits
Fig health benefits include
1. Strengthens bones.
2. Help to prevent breast cancer
3. Helps to prevent colon cancer.
4. May help in weight loss.
5. Promotes heart health.
6. Lowers blood pressure.
7. Figs are a good source of antioxidants that aid the body in getting rid of free radicals.
8. Figs are a good source of fiber that aids in good bowel movement.
9. Figs aids in lowering cholesterol.
10. Figs are an immune booster.
11. Figs are good for our skin.
12. Promotes healthy liver.
13. Figs are great for our hair.
14. Aids in reducing throat pain.
15. Prevent hypertension.
Fig health benefits are so amazing as you can see that they are Numerous.
The Vitamin content of figs includes
Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Niacin, Calcium, Zinc, Iron, Copper, Potassium, Magnesium, Manganese, Riboflavin, Thiamin, Dietary fiber, Protein, Foliates, Pyridoxine, Pantothenic acid, Lutein-Zeaxanthin, Carotene-B.
Fig health benefits are truly great so make figs a part of your diet and take advantage of figs as you boost your body with this superfood that has helped so many people worldwide.
Sugar cane juice power
Going natural is always better because natural is always healthier which is so amazing. What I love about sugar cane is that the juice and the sugars are all natural and can be of great benefit to our bodies.
Growing sugar cane is so simple and the awesome thing is that you can have these natural sweeteners right at your fingertip to take advantage of and enjoy.
But what I want to share with you in this article is the healthy side of the sugar cane plant.
Sugar cane health benefits
These are just a few of the sugar cane juice benefits
1. Sugar cane juice has been known to fight cancer.
2. The juice of sugar cane has been used to remove bacteria from the mouth and improve teeth condition.
3. A diet of sugar cane juice can really improve skin condition.
4. The juice of sugar cane can help to maintain weight.
5. Feeling drained then drinking a glass of this natural sweetener can really give that energy boost.
6. Helps to fight the flu.
7. Sugarcane juice is a good source of antioxidants that help to rid the body of free radicals.
8. Prevents kidney stones.
9. Aids in fighting the sore throat.
10. Can strengthen the immune system.
11. Aids in fighting jaundice.
12. Sugarcane high mineral content helps to fight tooth decay.
There is more that can be added to this list of benefits of sugar cane juice.
Vitamin content of sugar cane juice.
Iron, Calcium, Potassium, Magnesium, Niacin, Copper, Riboflavin, Manganese, Phosphorus and Pantothenic acid.
The power of sugar cane juice is just amazing, so give this juice a try and enjoy all the benefits that this healthy drink has to offer.