Category: Natural Remedies For Your Health
Plants, nature’s choice
Plant’s are nature’s choice for us when it comes to healing naturally. In today’s world in which we live there are health-related issues that many people are facing and what is even more disturbing is many of the medicines that promise
to bring relief can cause further health issues because of side effects. I remembered many years ago I paid a visit to the doctor’s office because of some problems I was having with my health
after the doctor examine me, medicine was prescribed. I took the prescription to the pharmacy got the medicine and went home then a few days later I decided to do a google search to see the side effects and to my surprise, one of the side effects was causing blindness.
I was so surprised, here I was taking this medication hoping to recover from this illness I was facing only to discover that blindness was a side effect and so it is with many of the modern-day medicine.
Watching the many television ads is a clear example as these medication promise to cure but the side effects are even more alarming, it is like gambling with your health or your life and that is a HUGE GAMBLE.
Is it any wonder why the generations before us were so healthy and had a longer lifespan. Now I must agree that many of the contamination that we have to deal with was not an issue with them but the fact remains they lived longer and I believe in part that it was because of going natural.
I believe that we should always have options when it comes to our health. A good idea, in my opinion, is to ask your doctor what choices are available and if there are natural ways before we accept
those medications that have such serious side effects.
Healing naturally with plants
This section of Eden’s Graden is dedicated to bringing you some of the best natural healers that are made available to us. I live in the Bahamas and what is amazing is that
We have a rich history of the older generation that has passed on their knowledge to the younger generation about using natural medicine to cure illness.
These natural remedies the islanders know as bush medicine are really awesome and work wonders without side effects. Many of the health stores now sell some of these medications
in pills, liquid, powdered form, tea bags and so on.
Our greatest investment
Our health is one of our greatest investment and we should do all that we can to maintain it. We can not afford to take our health lightly so I hope this section
offers much help to you as you seek to heal naturally with plants because plants are our natural pharmacy that has been prescribed by nature to keep us in tip-top shape.
Apart from going natural, it is also good to follow the laws of good health which include eight hours of rest, proper diet, exercise drinking sufficient water, staying away as much as possible from stress
and just taking life easy enjoying and smelling the roses along life’s journey. With that said Eden’s Garden brings to you healing naturally with plants.
Cleaning our liver the natural way
We live in a world where we are exposed to so many chemicals that can be detrimental to our health, It is no surprise that millions of people every year seek medical help because of the number of toxins their bodies are exposed to.
what is even more alarming is many of the products that we use in our homes also contains chemicals that are hazardous to our health. Certain household products, furniture, paper, pains and so on can have a negative effect on our health.
The good news, however, is that there are ways of keeping our liver healthy and functioning at its best.
Our liver is a large organ that can be found on the right side of our stomach.This organ is brown- reddish and weights about 3 pounds.
There is the left lobe and the right lobe, the main function of the liver is to filter the blood, helps to absorb and digest foods, metabolizes drugs, detoxifies chemicals. The liver also breaks down fats in the small intestine during digestion and produces bile that carries away waste.
While the function of the liver is beyond the scope of this article it is good to know the importance of some of these basics so we can see how important liver function is when it comes to our health.
Doing a natural liver detox is a good way to give our liver a spring cleaning ensuing its over-all health.
Natural liver detox
What I love about nature is that all that we need to live a healthy life can be found in all of the natural good stuff that nature has to offer. I often have said in a few of my articles that nature is our pharmacy that gives us all that goodness without any side effects.
Foods to include in our diet to promote a healthy liver
Here are some foods that have been found to keep our liver healthy at all times. Some of these foods can be eaten raw or semi-cooked.
Never cook these foods to the point where they get mushy and soft. This will be defeating the purpose because overcooking these foods will destroy those natural properties that are so beneficial.
Fruits that detoxes the liver
1. Grapefruits– are a good source of Vitamin C. This superfood is also loaded with antioxidants that will cleanse our liver.
2. Apples– are one of my favorites. Apples have a great amount of pectin which allows chemicals to be released from the digestive tract making it easier for the liver to be cleansed.
3. Limes and Lemons– are high in Vitamin C. Drinking freshly squeezed lemon juice in the morning along with a glass of water can give your liver a jump start in the detoxing process.
4. Avocados– are another one of my favorites besides its great taste and its many uses, avocados truly deserve to be on the list of superfoods.
This superfood cleanses the body by producing glutathione that helps to detoxify the liver.
5. Strawberries– as we know is the symbol of love but besides this strawberries contain compounds that can help in keeping our liver healthy and clean.
Vegetables that detoxes the liver
1. Cabbage– Has the ability to activate liver enzymes that flush the liver of toxins.
2. Leafy green vegetables– eat your greens is what many of our parents told us, but do you know that the healing properties of leafy greens have the ability to pull toxins from our liver.
3. Carrots– are not only good for eyesight but this veggie is loaded with beta-carotene and flavonoids that promote liver health.
4. Beets– are not only a good support for blood, but the vitamins in beets also help to promote and support liver health.
5. Olive oil– we all know about the famous olive oil, olive oil helps to absorb harmful toxins from the liver.
Herbs that detoxes the liver
1. Peppermint– studies have shown that the properties of peppermint protect the liver against certain toxins.
2. Garlic– I love cooking with garlic, it has such a great aroma and the taste is so awesome. But garlic also has the ability to stimulate liver enzymes that rid the liver of toxins.
3. Aloe vera– is loaded with so much and can do a whole for our bodies. Aloe vera help to rid the body of toxins making it easier on liver function.
4. Ginger– is an amazing herb that aids the body in so many ways, but this super herb also has the ability to cleanse the liver by helping the body get rid of harmful toxins.
5. Seaweed– is a good source of sodium alginate which aids in absorbing toxins from the body making it easier on the liver.
Other superfoods that detox the liver
The POWER Of JUICING
Another method of liver detoxing is by juicing, this is a great way to blend those superfoods into a healthy drink that can work wonders keeping your liver healthy and fit. For more information on Healthy juicing follow the link.
Our liver plays such an important function to ensure that we are in good health at all times, let’s do all that we can to keep our liver function at it’s best
Having a full head of hair
Nothing makes you feel so good than to have a full head of hair that is beautiful and healthy looking. But unfortunately, there are so many people that are having to face the reality of battling with losing all of that beautiful hair.
Persons that are having these issues have to now find ways and means to restore their hair. There are many ways to resolve this problem but some of these methods are pretty costly and can cause you to rack up those dollars putting a strain on your wallet.
Over the years, I have seen so many TV Commercials that advertise products that can help with hair loss and while few may work there are many that have proven not to be as effective. In this article, we will be looking at what causes hair loss and how to restore hair to its natural shine and beauty with home remedies.
What causes hair loss?
While the discussion of hair loss and restoration are beyond the scope of this article we will be looking at some facts that may help. But what I also want to say here is that hereditary is the main cause also that contributes to hair loss.
In a case like this, there is not much one can do but to change their diet and to try these simple methods to maintain a healthy head of hair for as long as possible. There are also serious medical issues that cause hair loss and requires doctors care.
Cause of hair loss
Hair are a few reasons why persons may experience hair loss
1. Poor diet.
4. Certain illness.
5. It may be a hormone imbalance
6. Certain medications.
7. Lack of vitamins.
8. Thyroid issues.
These are just a few of the many reasons why so many people are experiencing hair loss.
Encouraging hair growth
Restoring hair growth is a journey but it is a journey that is worth the effort. Here are some tips that have proven to work wonders.
1. Stress- If stress is one of the causes of hair loss then the key is to stay stress-free. Life was meant to be enjoyed, if you are feeling stressed out then either consider a career shift, learn to relax more, join a club, start a hobby. What every activity allows you to become stress-free make that a part of your daily activity.
2. Medication- There are some medications which side effects may include hair loss, consider asking your doctor if possible to prescribe a medication without this side effect.
3.Hormone Imbalance- Hormone Imbalance which requires medical help along with the proper diet do yield results.
Home remedies for hair growth
Home remedies have not only proven to be effective but the amount of money you can save is pretty amazing.
1. Aloe Vera is a natural product that can be applied directly to the scalp, gently messaging or rubbing aloe to hair roots have proven to be of good benefit.
Apply and leave for about 2 hours. 6 times out of each month can give good results. Always wash hair thoroughly after each application.
2. Egg yolk is an old remedy that will not only have your hair thick but will also give it a shine. Applying egg yolk to the hair 6 times per month is effective.
3. Garlic also offers help, boil 8 cloves of garlic along with 3 tbsp of olive oil can get the job done. This solution causes circulation that encourages hair growth.
4. Lemon juice is a rich source of vitamins that stimulate blood circulation, in turn, encourages hair to grow. Washing your hair with lemon juice has proven to be effective.
5. Applying Apple Cider Vinegar to hair is a great way to stimulate blood circulation and promote hair growth. Apply to hair and leave for about 2 hours before washing.
6. Messaging olive oil into the scalp can really give your hair the bounce it needs for healthy natural looking hair.
7. Rosemary oil is great for hair restoration, this oils help to stimulate circulation that promotes hair growth.
8. Believe it or not, onion has properties that can stimulate hair growth. extract the juice by grating or juicing. Apply juice to head for about 25- 30 minutes and then wash with shampoo once a week has proven to give good results.
9. Avocados are a natural hair booster because of the vitamins it contains. simply mix two eggs in a bowl, then blend or mash avocado in another bowl. Mix both of these ingredients together and apply to hair for about 6-8 minutes and thoroughly rinse.
11. Bananas are filled with potassium that promotes circulations the stimulate hair.
Foods to avoid
Here are foods that cause hair loss
1. Fatty foods.
2. Foods high in sugar.
4. Carbonated drinks.
6. Refine foods.
7. Packaged foods.
8. Consuming tap water.
9 . Process Foods.
10. Artificial sweeteners.
Foods that promote hair growth
Foods that promote hair growth include
4. Nuts and seeds.
8. Sweet potatoes.
9. Greek yogurt.
Home remedies are a great and safe way to get that natural healthy head of hair so take advantage of these remedies that can work wonders for you causing your hair to get that bounce and shine that you will be so happy with.
Summer is over, as we head into the fall season we are getting closer to winter or that time of year when those jackets, scuffs, mittens and other winter attire is pulled from the closet.
This is also the time of the year when many people have the sniffles and seek over the counter drugs and medication to get their bodies back in tip-top shape. In this article, we will be looking at things that are in our kitchen cupboards, pantries, and fridge that can supercharge our bodies as we seek to beat those colds and flu brought on by the changing weather.
Homemade remedies, nature’s best
As a child, I watched my parents on many occasions searching the cupboards and fridge as they looked for remedies around the kitchen to help fight the cold and flu.
Many of these homemade remedies that they mix together were not pleasant to the taste but it sure worked and before you know it I was back in tip-top shape. These natural ingredients that were used as recipes were also used as natural remedies to bring healing.
1. Lemons- Lemons are a great help when it comes to combating the sore throat that is brought on by the cold and the flu. Lemons are high in Vitamin C that is really good for the immune system, it helps to detoxify the body and rids it of free radical. For more on lemons follow these links. Lemon benefits and how to plant a lemon tree.
2. Ginger- Ginger is a very herb potent and can take care of a host of problems. I love the aroma and the taste of gingers. This herb was widely used in our home when I was a kid and I still use it to this day. Ginger can be used to relieve stomach pain and to fight infections brought on by the cold and flu. To learn more about ginger and its healing effects follow these links. Ginger benefits and how to grow ginger.
Honey- Honey is a favorite that is used in so many homes at breakfast time on pancakes and french toast. But this natural healer is also used for its antibacterial properties that help to fight infections. For more on the power of honey and its use follow this link. Honey a natural healer.
Garlic-Garlic has a very pleasant aroma especially when fried with other herbs and veggies. This was one herb that my parents took pride in using and the tradition still lives on as I use this herb in many of my dishes. Garlic is very potent so caution must be taken when using.
Home remedies that have proven to work
Home remedies that have proven to fight the cold and the flu
A. Mix together 2 tbsp of lemon juice and 1 tsp of honey, let warm before using.This mixture has proven to soothe the sore throat.
B. Chew a clove of garlic and hold in your mouth for a minute or more helps to relieve the sore throat. But be warned this method is for the strong and not the weak at heart. The juice from garlic do burn but has proven to be beneficial.
C. Slice a piece of ginger into 6-8 pieces. Each piece should be the size of a 5 cent piece. bring to a boil in half a cup of water. Let garlic sit for another 10-15 minutes strain and mix with 1 tbsp of honey and drink. This is a good remedy to fight the cold.
D. Bring 3 cloves of garlic to a boil in a cup of water for about 10-15 minutes. Turn stove off and let the garlic sit for about 10 minutes, strain and add a pinch of salt stir and drink.
E. Bring a cup of water to boil, add 2 tbsp of lemon juice along with 2 tbsp of honey and sip, also inhaling the steam that comes from this mixture can help to clear head colds.
F. Slice a piece of ginger into 6-8 pieces as big as a 5 cent piece and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and let ginger sit for about ten minutes. Strain and add 2 tbsp of honey, stir and drink.
Natural homemade remedies are great and have proven to be effective in getting the job done and the good part is that there is no side effect, so give these remedies a try To supercharge your body and win the war on the winter bug.
- Written by: Norman
- Category: Natural Remedies, Natural Remedies For Your Health
- Published: January 29, 2016
As we take a tour of Eden’s Garden we will discover the healing wonders of the things that we grow in our very own backyards or have purchased from the supermarket on a weekly basis.
There are many persons who grow or purchase herbs from the supermarket week after week and are not aware of the healing wonders that these herbs contain.
In our quest to add robust flavor to our soups, salads, and dishes, there is also another aspect of herbs that we must highlight.
How can mint assist us in our overall health?
Health benefits of mint
- Chewing mint can assist with bad breath
- Acts as a blood cleanser
- Can help relieve stomach discomforts
- Boiling mint and inhaling its steam can clear nasal congestion
- Mint can relieve headaches
- Mint is a good antioxidant that can aid the body in its fight against the formation of cancerous cells
- The cooling effect of mint can help relieve minor burns and skin irritations
What vitamins and minerals does the mint herb contain?.
Mint contains these vitamins: Thiamine, Vitamin A, Niacin, Zinc, Vitamin C, Iron, Potassium, Calcium, Magnesium, Manganese and Vitamin B.
So you can see that besides the flavor or the pleasant aroma that mint has, mint can also provide vitamins that your body needs and also aid in bringing relief and healing to your body.
This herb is Parsley. it is used not only in the many dishes that are prepared but also to garnish our plates.
The wonders of Parsley
1.Parsley has the ability to help in neutralizing cancer-causing agents
2. Help relieves gas
3. Aids in digestion
4. Helps to relieve arthritis
5. Can help boost your immune system
6. Helps bad breath
7. Can help with kidney problems
8. Can help with bladder problems
9. Can aid in vision
Vitamin and Mineral content of Parsley
Vitamins that parsley contains are Vitamin A, Vitamin B, Vitamin C, Potassium, Zinc, Calcium, Manganese, Magnesium, and Sodium
Oregano has its place in almost every kitchen. But how can we benefit and jump-start our health with this natural wonder of nature?
Healing facts about Oregano
1. Oregano can assist in combating cancer
2. Assists in better bowel movement
3. Have antioxidants that are good for the body
4. Can aid in the fight against fungus
5. Can aid in the fight against Bacteria
6. Can help patients with asthma
7. Can help clear up indigestion
8. Oregano helps skin look more beautiful
9. Help get rid of dandruff
10. Helps relieve menstrual cramps
Oregano contains Potassium, Vitamin B6, Vitamin A, Calcium, Vitamin C, Iron, Vitamin E, Fiber and Vitamin K.
4. Bay leaf
Here we have bay leaves that are used in rice, soup, steam foods and so forth. But besides giving such a strong flavor to our dishes, what healing wonders do these leaves contain?
Healing Wonders of bay leaves
1. Helps to fight against the cold
2. Helps with the health of our heart
3. Assists in curing chest infection brought on by the flu
4. Provides relief from coughing
5. Helps patients with diabetes
6. Acts as a cleansing agent
7. Can help fight cancer
8. Aids in the fight against diarrhea
9. Can help to prevent strokes
10. Can help in reducing fever
Vitamin and mineral content
Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Niacin, Vitamin B 12, Vitamin K, Riboflavin, Vitamin E, Thiamin, Calcium, Iron, Copper, Magnesium, Manganese, Zinc, and Sodium
Sage also has its place in our pantries, but what else can we learn about sage?
Health benefits of sage
1. Helps patients diagnosed with diabetes
2. Sage is high in antioxidants that can aid the body
3. Can help cure acne
4. Can aid in normal brain function
5. Helps in healing skin injuries
6. Brings relief to a sore throat
7. Helps reduce headaches
8. Helps reduce fever
9. Aids in curing bacterial infection
10. Helps clear up the digestive system
Vitamin and mineral content
Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Iron, Zinc, Copper, Calcium, Niacin, Sodium, Manganese, Magnesium, Potassium, Thiamine, Riboflavin, and Folates.
There you have it! So the next time you go into your garden or to the supermarket to add that extra zest and flavor to that special dish you are preparing, remember that besides bringing satisfaction to your taste glands, you will also be aiding your body in its defense against the many health issues that affect the human body.
Basil is a must in order to give that added flavor to the many dishes that we prepare. Basil can be used in soups, stews, steam foods and rice just to name a few. Other than the many flavors that this herb brings to our table, basil has healing properties that can aid the body in its overall health.
Healing facts about basil
1. Eating basil helps to clear the skin.
2.Basil helps to fight cancer.
3.Basil is rich in antioxidants.
4. Basil has anti-aging properties.
5.Studies have shown that basil aids in heart health.
6.Basil is known to relieve stress.
7.Basil helps to boost our immune system.
8. Studies have shown that basil helps to control blood pressure.
9. Basil aids in good eyesight.
10.Basil can relieve insect stings, just chew a few leaves and apply to the area where you were stung.
Vitamin content of Basil
Basil contains Vitamins which includes, Vitamin A, Vitamin b6, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K ,Phosphorus, Calcium, Iron, Potassium, Riboflavin, Manganese, Magnesium, Zinc, Thiamine, Niacin, sodium, Folate, protein and Dietary fiber.
So you can see that these herbs are loaded and pack a big punch. So make basil a part of your daily intake.
Chives is another herb that can excite our taste buds while bringing flavor to our foods. Chives can also be used in soups, stews, rice steam foods and salads just to name a few. Chives can also be used to heal illness such as
Health benefits of chives
1.Helps to prevent cancer.
2. Helps to boost the immune system.
3.Helps with digestion.
4.Helps the heart to become more healthy.
5.Helps with memory
6.Helps with bone health.
7.Helps to give better skin.
8.Helps to treat hair loss.
10. Helps wounds to heal faster.
Vitamin content of chives are
Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Potassium, Calcium, Zinc, Magnesium, Iron, Vitamin B6, Copper, Manganese, Riboflavin, Phosphorus, Thiamin, and Niacin
Let’s take advantage of this herb and boost our health.
Garlic is a great food enhancer that can wake up any dish. Be careful when using garlic because overuse of this herb can really overpower your dish, garlic can be used in soups, stews, steam foods, baking meats, rice and the list of other dishes seems to be endless. But how can garlic bring healing to our bodies?
Health benefits of garlic include
1.Garlic can reduce blood pressure.
2.Garlic purifies the blood.
3.Garlic improves cholesterol.
4.Garlic helps to detoxify heavy metal in the body.
5.Garlic clears acne.
6.Garlic helps to fight cancer.
7.Garlic helps to soothe a sore throat.
8.Garlic helps to give you a healthy heart.
9.Garlic has antibacterial benefits.
10.Garlic helps with weight loss.
Vitamin contents of garlic
Vitamin C, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B6, Copper, Calcium, Phosphorus, and Manganese,
So let’s make garlic a part of our daily intake.
I love thyme it is one of my favorite. Thyme can be used in stews, soups, steam foods, rice and many other dishes. Thyme has a really strong and delightful taste. Thyme aids our bodies in
Health benefits of thyme
1.Curing sore throat.
2.To treat diarrhea.
4.Thyme helps to lower blood pressure.
5.Thyme can be used to boost the immune system.
6. Helps to prevent coughs.
7.Thyme can be used to stop headaches.
8.Can aid in hair loss.
9.Thyme can reduce muscle pains.
10.Can also help with kidney problems.
Vitamin content of thyme includes
Vitamin C, Iron Vitamin B6, Potassium, Manganese, Calcium, Zinc, Riboflavin, Vitamin A and Copper
There are many benefits of thyme, so let’s take the time to make time by including thyme in our diet.
Rosemary is a herb that has a great taste I have used it in stews, soups, steam foods, and baking. This is also one of my favorite herbs that I love to use with the many dishes that I prepare.
The benefits of rosemary are
3.Aids in digestion.
5.Helps relieve headaches
6.Can help to reduce hair loss.
7.Is believed to reduce brain aging.
8.Rosemary reduces stress.
9.Increases blood flow.
10. Rosemary is rich in antioxidants.
Vitamins that rosemary contains
Vitamin A, Copper, Iron, Potassium, Magnesium, Calcium, Vitamin B6 and Manganese
Rosemary is not only a good choice for adding that bang to your dishes, but as you can see this herb is one of nature’s wonders that can aid the body in so many ways.