Category: Natural Remedies For Your Health
Cleaning our liver the natural way
We live in a world where we are exposed to so many chemicals that can be detrimental to our health, It is no surprise that millions of people every year seek medical help because of the number of toxins their bodies are exposed to.
what is even more alarming is many of the products that we use in our homes also contains chemicals that are hazardous to our health. Certain household products, furniture, paper, pains and so on can have a negative effect on our health.
The good news, however, is that there are ways of keeping our liver healthy and functioning at its best.
Our liver is a large organ that can be found on the right side of our stomach.This organ is brown- reddish and weights about 3 pounds.
There is the left lobe and the right lobe, the main function of the liver is to filter the blood, helps to absorb and digest foods, metabolizes drugs, detoxifies chemicals. The liver also breaks down fats in the small intestine during digestion and produces bile that carries away waste.
While the function of the liver is beyond the scope of this article it is good to know the importance of some of these basics so we can see how important liver function is when it comes to our health.
Doing a natural liver detox is a good way to give our liver a spring cleaning ensuing its over-all health.
Natural liver detox
What I love about nature is that all that we need to live a healthy life can be found in all of the natural good stuff that nature has to offer. I often have said in a few of my articles that nature is our pharmacy that gives us all that goodness without any side effects.
Foods to include in our diet to promote a healthy liver
Here are some foods that have been found to keep our liver healthy at all times. Some of these foods can be eaten raw or semi-cooked.
Never cook these foods to the point where they get mushy and soft. This will be defeating the purpose because overcooking these foods will destroy those natural properties that are so beneficial.
Fruits that detoxes the liver
1. Grapefruits– are a good source of Vitamin C. This superfood is also loaded with antioxidants that will cleanse our liver.
2. Apples– are one of my favorites. Apples have a great amount of pectin which allows chemicals to be released from the digestive tract making it easier for the liver to be cleansed.
3. Limes and Lemons– are high in Vitamin C. Drinking freshly squeezed lemon juice in the morning along with a glass of water can give your liver a jump start in the detoxing process.
4. Avocados– are another one of my favorites besides its great taste and its many uses, avocados truly deserve to be on the list of superfoods.
This superfood cleanses the body by producing glutathione that helps to detoxify the liver.
5. Strawberries– as we know is the symbol of love but besides this strawberries contain compounds that can help in keeping our liver healthy and clean.
Vegetables that detoxes the liver
1. Cabbage– Has the ability to activate liver enzymes that flush the liver of toxins.
2. Leafy green vegetables– eat your greens is what many of our parents told us, but do you know that the healing properties of leafy greens have the ability to pull toxins from our liver.
3. Carrots– are not only good for eyesight but this veggie is loaded with beta-carotene and flavonoids that promote liver health.
4. Beets– are not only a good support for blood, but the vitamins in beets also help to promote and support liver health.
5. Olive oil– we all know about the famous olive oil, olive oil helps to absorb harmful toxins from the liver.
Herbs that detoxes the liver
1. Peppermint– studies have shown that the properties of peppermint protect the liver against certain toxins.
2. Garlic– I love cooking with garlic, it has such a great aroma and the taste is so awesome. But garlic also has the ability to stimulate liver enzymes that rid the liver of toxins.
3. Aloe vera– is loaded with so much and can do a whole for our bodies. Aloe vera help to rid the body of toxins making it easier on liver function.
4. Ginger– is an amazing herb that aids the body in so many ways, but this super herb also has the ability to cleanse the liver by helping the body get rid of harmful toxins.
5. Seaweed– is a good source of sodium alginate which aids in absorbing toxins from the body making it easier on the liver.
Other superfoods that detox the liver
The POWER Of JUICING
Another method of liver detoxing is by juicing, this is a great way to blend those superfoods into a healthy drink that can work wonders keeping your liver healthy and fit. For more information on Healthy juicing follow the link.
Our liver plays such an important function to ensure that we are in good health at all times, let’s do all that we can to keep our liver function at it’s best
Having a full head of hair
Nothing makes you feel so good than to have a full head of hair that is beautiful and healthy looking. But unfortunately, there are so many people that are having to face the reality of battling with losing all of that beautiful hair.
Persons that are having these issues have to now find ways and means to restore their hair. There are many ways to resolve this problem but some of these methods are pretty costly and can cause you to rack up those dollars putting a strain on your wallet.
Over the years, I have seen so many TV Commercials that advertise products that can help with hair loss and while few may work there are many that have proven not to be as effective. In this article, we will be looking at what causes hair loss and how to restore hair to its natural shine and beauty with home remedies.
What causes hair loss?
While the discussion of hair loss and restoration are beyond the scope of this article we will be looking at some facts that may help. But what I also want to say here is that hereditary is the main cause also that contributes to hair loss.
In a case like this, there is not much one can do but to change their diet and to try these simple methods to maintain a healthy head of hair for as long as possible. There are also serious medical issues that cause hair loss and requires doctors care.
Cause of hair loss
Hair are a few reasons why persons may experience hair loss
1. Poor diet.
4. Certain illness.
5. It may be a hormone imbalance
6. Certain medications.
7. Lack of vitamins.
8. Thyroid issues.
These are just a few of the many reasons why so many people are experiencing hair loss.
Encouraging hair growth
Restoring hair growth is a journey but it is a journey that is worth the effort. Here are some tips that have proven to work wonders.
1. Stress- If stress is one of the causes of hair loss then the key is to stay stress-free. Life was meant to be enjoyed, if you are feeling stressed out then either consider a career shift, learn to relax more, join a club, start a hobby. What every activity allows you to become stress-free make that a part of your daily activity.
2. Medication- There are some medications which side effects may include hair loss, consider asking your doctor if possible to prescribe a medication without this side effect.
3.Hormone Imbalance- Hormone Imbalance which requires medical help along with the proper diet do yield results.
Home remedies for hair growth
Home remedies have not only proven to be effective but the amount of money you can save is pretty amazing.
1. Aloe Vera is a natural product that can be applied directly to the scalp, gently messaging or rubbing aloe to hair roots have proven to be of good benefit.
Apply and leave for about 2 hours. 6 times out of each month can give good results. Always wash hair thoroughly after each application.
2. Egg yolk is an old remedy that will not only have your hair thick but will also give it a shine. Applying egg yolk to the hair 6 times per month is effective.
3. Garlic also offers help, boil 8 cloves of garlic along with 3 tbsp of olive oil can get the job done. This solution causes circulation that encourages hair growth.
4. Lemon juice is a rich source of vitamins that stimulate blood circulation, in turn, encourages hair to grow. Washing your hair with lemon juice has proven to be effective.
5. Applying Apple Cider Vinegar to hair is a great way to stimulate blood circulation and promote hair growth. Apply to hair and leave for about 2 hours before washing.
6. Messaging olive oil into the scalp can really give your hair the bounce it needs for healthy natural looking hair.
7. Rosemary oil is great for hair restoration, this oils help to stimulate circulation that promotes hair growth.
8. Believe it or not, onion has properties that can stimulate hair growth. extract the juice by grating or juicing. Apply juice to head for about 25- 30 minutes and then wash with shampoo once a week has proven to give good results.
9. Avocados are a natural hair booster because of the vitamins it contains. simply mix two eggs in a bowl, then blend or mash avocado in another bowl. Mix both of these ingredients together and apply to hair for about 6-8 minutes and thoroughly rinse.
11. Bananas are filled with potassium that promotes circulations the stimulate hair.
Foods to avoid
Here are foods that cause hair loss
1. Fatty foods.
2. Foods high in sugar.
4. Carbonated drinks.
6. Refine foods.
7. Packaged foods.
8. Consuming tap water.
9 . Process Foods.
10. Artificial sweeteners.
Foods that promote hair growth
Foods that promote hair growth include
4. Nuts and seeds.
8. Sweet potatoes.
9. Greek yogurt.
Home remedies are a great and safe way to get that natural healthy head of hair so take advantage of these remedies that can work wonders for you causing your hair to get that bounce and shine that you will be so happy with.
Summer is over, as we head into the fall season we are getting closer to winter or that time of year when those jackets, scuffs, mittens and other winter attire is pulled from the closet.
This is also the time of the year when many people have the sniffles and seek over the counter drugs and medication to get their bodies back in tip-top shape. In this article, we will be looking at things that are in our kitchen cupboards, pantries, and fridge that can supercharge our bodies as we seek to beat those colds and flu brought on by the changing weather.
Homemade remedies, nature’s best
As a child, I watched my parents on many occasions searching the cupboards and fridge as they looked for remedies around the kitchen to help fight the cold and flu.
Many of these homemade remedies that they mix together were not pleasant to the taste but it sure worked and before you know it I was back in tip-top shape. These natural ingredients that were used as recipes were also used as natural remedies to bring healing.
1. Lemons- Lemons are a great help when it comes to combating the sore throat that is brought on by the cold and the flu. Lemons are high in Vitamin C that is really good for the immune system, it helps to detoxify the body and rids it of free radical. For more on lemons follow these links. Lemon benefits and how to plant a lemon tree.
2. Ginger- Ginger is a very herb potent and can take care of a host of problems. I love the aroma and the taste of gingers. This herb was widely used in our home when I was a kid and I still use it to this day. Ginger can be used to relieve stomach pain and to fight infections brought on by the cold and flu. To learn more about ginger and its healing effects follow these links. Ginger benefits and how to grow ginger.
Honey- Honey is a favorite that is used in so many homes at breakfast time on pancakes and french toast. But this natural healer is also used for its antibacterial properties that help to fight infections. For more on the power of honey and its use follow this link. Honey a natural healer.
Garlic-Garlic has a very pleasant aroma especially when fried with other herbs and veggies. This was one herb that my parents took pride in using and the tradition still lives on as I use this herb in many of my dishes. Garlic is very potent so caution must be taken when using.
Home remedies that have proven to work
Home remedies that have proven to fight the cold and the flu
A. Mix together 2 tbsp of lemon juice and 1 tsp of honey, let warm before using.This mixture has proven to soothe the sore throat.
B. Chew a clove of garlic and hold in your mouth for a minute or more helps to relieve the sore throat. But be warned this method is for the strong and not the weak at heart. The juice from garlic do burn but has proven to be beneficial.
C. Slice a piece of ginger into 6-8 pieces. Each piece should be the size of a 5 cent piece. bring to a boil in half a cup of water. Let garlic sit for another 10-15 minutes strain and mix with 1 tbsp of honey and drink. This is a good remedy to fight the cold.
D. Bring 3 cloves of garlic to a boil in a cup of water for about 10-15 minutes. Turn stove off and let the garlic sit for about 10 minutes, strain and add a pinch of salt stir and drink.
E. Bring a cup of water to boil, add 2 tbsp of lemon juice along with 2 tbsp of honey and sip, also inhaling the steam that comes from this mixture can help to clear head colds.
F. Slice a piece of ginger into 6-8 pieces as big as a 5 cent piece and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and let ginger sit for about ten minutes. Strain and add 2 tbsp of honey, stir and drink.
Natural homemade remedies are great and have proven to be effective in getting the job done and the good part is that there is no side effect, so give these remedies a try To supercharge your body and win the war on the winter bug.
Product: Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera 100% gel
Aloe vera has been used by many generations over the years. In fact, this plant was widely used when I was a kid, by my parents and those that lived in my neighborhood. Aloe Vear is very popular because of its healing compounds that have brought relief to many persons including myself.
A Good example that I can use is my parents would often boil this plant with bush medicine (herbs) as we called it and give it to us to drink for head colds. Another example is boiling the leaf in water until the water turns somewhat brown with a pinch of salt, this makes a good (clean out) detox as the older generation called it.
But no matter how this plant was used you were sure of one thing and that was getting the results that you wanted. A word of caution here, be very careful when cutting the leaves because it tends to drip a somewhat yellowish liquid and if liquid comes in contact with clothing, especially bright or white material it can stain so be careful. But now we can go further and use fruit of the earth aloe vera 100% gel that has proven to be of great benefit.
Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera 100% gel overview
The ingredients that are found in this product have lived up to its name has proven to be beneficial as many customers were more than satisfied with the results. Fruit of the earth aloe vera gel has moisturizing therapy for sunburn and dry, irritated skin.
Also provides effective relief from, Minor Burns, Insect Bites, Chafing, rash, minor cuts, and Itching. Can also be used as a facial mask and is good for dry scalps.
1.Contains no alcohol
3. Can be used with other natural products
1.Can burn if it gets in your eyes
Fruit of the Earth Aleo Vera 100% Gel has proven to work and lives up to its name, this all natural gel have received high marks from satisfied customers who have gone on and purchase more of this product.
So be good to your skin and add Fruit of the Earth Aleo Vera 100% Gel to your list of products and reap the benefits that it brings.
Product: Noni to go powder stick
Best Place To Buy: Amazon
Customer Rating: 3.4 out of 5
Health benefit of the noni plant
Medical research has also backed up these proven facts that this plant sure does deliver a punch to help the body’s immune system, restore energy and is rich in antioxidant that is very beneficial to our bodies.
The wonderful think about this plant, however, is that you can make your own homemade remedy, purchase the juice, capsules or you can try this noni to go powered stick that has proven to be very beneficial.
Noni to go powder sticks overview
Noni to go powered stick has a great taste, the sticks are mixed with water stir or shake well and drink it’s that simple and you get all the added benefits these powder sticks contain. Noni sticks helps promote heart health, boost natural energy
Help to fight infections, help to relieve joint pain, aids in brain health, aids in dilating the blood vessels, resulting in greater arterial blood flow which in turn helps regulate blood pressure.
Stimulates the activity of the white blood cells which in turn protect the body from illness. Noni to go powder stick is also loaded with antioxidants that help to rid the body of free radicals.
Ingredients include Noni, camellia sinensis, acai, pomegranate, blueberry, blackberry, bilberry, raspberry, cranberry, plum, pineapple, grape, strawberry, cherry, apricot, papaya, orange, fructose, fruit flavors, citric acid, sucralose
2.Easy to mix
4.Aids the body in so many ways
5.Is all natural
6.Thirty count packs
7.Increase physical endurance
1.Mix the right amount of water for best results
My thoughts and verdict
Noni is an amazing fruit that contains so many vitamins besides all of those added benefits. The products of noni have been known to work wonders. The benefits that you get from the noni to go powder stick is great in these packs contains just what your body needs to help strengthen and sustain it.
So give this amazing powder drink a try, I am sure you will love it as it boosts your health and has you feeling great.