Controlling Cholesterol With Foods
Unclogging your arteries and prolonging your life with these Superfoods
High cholesterol has been linked to so many diseases that cause millions each year either to pay visits to the doctor’s office or having to be hospitalized.
In is some case, many have died because of cholesterol levels being out of control. But how does high cholesterol affects our bodies and what can we do to avoid having high cholesterol or bring our cholesterol count to a normal level.
What is cholesterol?
Our bodies need cholesterol to build healthy cells. Cholesterol is a waxy substance that is found in our blood. Our liver is responsible for producing the majority of cholesterol that is found in our bodies.
To be more exact cholesterol is a type of fat (lipid) that is found in our bloodstream, that is produced by our liver that was mention earlier. But when there is an excess or buildup of cholesterol it hardens in our arteries
Our arteries are responsible for the flow of blood, but when the arteries are clog because of a buildup of cholesterol it restricts the normal movement of blood.
Our blood is responsible for carrying food, Vitamins, and oxygen throughout our bodies but once the blood is restricted and a lack of oxygen is not being supplied as it is supposed to
then what happens is that heart attacks, the stroke and health-related issues pertaining to our heart can set in which spells trouble BIG TIME.
Controlling cholesterol with foods
Signs of high cholesterol
- Shortness of breath
- Pain in chest
- Feeling continual pain in your back, legs, neck, headaches
- Feeling fatigue has also been linked to high cholesterol
- Loose stools
These are just a few of the signs to watch out for. Now I know that these signs may be because of other health-related issues but at the seem time don’t rule out high cholesterol at least not until you are checked out by your doctor.
What other factors contribute to high cholesterol?
Certain foods also contribute to having a buildup of cholesterol, therefore, it is of great importance that we maintain a healthy diet.
Foods to avoid
- Fatty foods
- Bacon, sausages, hotdogs
- Foods that are prepared with an abundance of oil or grease
These are just a few of the foods to avoid.
Other causes that contribute to high cholesterol
- Lack of exercise
I now realize that no matter how good it may taste, if it keeps you or causes you to go to the doctor’s office stay away from it, it is not worth your health besides having to find doctor’s fees
and as we all know those fees can add up in no time causing stress which is also not good. But the good news is that there are foods that we can embrace with open arms that
can help reduce or keep our cholesterol level normal that spells GOOD NEWS.
Foods that reduce cholesterol
Controlling cholesterol with foods
Try these foods for a normal cholesterol level
2. Apples are rich in pectin that helps to lower LDL.
3. Beans have a great fiber content that helps to lower cholesterol.
4. Garlic is best known to get rid of infections. But garlic can also reduce cholesterol and reduce blood pressure.
5. Avocados contain monounsaturated fatty acids that help to promote heart health and lowers cholesterol.
6. Oats are famous for lowering cholesterol.
7. Studies have shown that a diet in nuts is great in lowering cholesterol.
9. Cooking with olive oil can help to lower cholesterol because olive oil is rich in healthy monounsaturated fatty acids.
10. Okras are a good source of fiber and has the ability to lower your cholesterol.
11. Grapes are also rich in pectin that aids in lowering the cholesterol.
12. Including veggies in your diet can also help to lower cholesterol by helping to control weight.
13. Herbal teas are great for lowering cholesterol because of the chemical compounds that make up these natural healers.
Bringing your cholesterol under control is so important therefore we should take our health seriously and do all that we can to maintain proper health and to have a cholesterol level that is normal.