Detox For Children
Growing healthy happy kids
Over the years when it came to the subject of getting a detox the focus was mainly on adults, now with the changing of times, this focus has now shifted to children also having this experience of getting a detox because our children need this also.
We live in a real-world where children are also faced with the same issues such as being exposed to toxins that are being carried in the air and water also foods that are grown and produced with the use of harmful chemicals. Therefore it’s no wonder the focus has shifted to help our children live a healthier and happy lifestyle.
Detox for children
One of the awesome things about being a parent or guardian is to watch our kids grow and really enjoy their lives as children. Therefore it is our responsibility to do all that we can to ensure that this is their reality.
I have kids of my own and I remembered there were times when they were not doing so well and that was a great concern to both my wife and I but when they bounced back from those ailments it gives us such a good feeling of how important it is to ensure that our children are healthy at all times.
Medical findings and facts of children being exposed to toxins
One of the challenges of medical science and other institutions is seeking to educate the general public about toxins that are affecting our children in so many ways.
And the alarming thing is where these toxins are found. What is so scary is it has been discovered that more than 900 chemicals are used in fibers to make clothing, paints, papers, house sprays, furniture’s and so much more.
Children are more vulnerable because their bodies are still developing as they reach maturity. It seems as if we can’t get away, but the good news is there is hope as we seek to win the war on these health concerns.
Example of some of these chemicals
Some of these chemicals that may be found in our homes include
1. Nicotine. 7. Asbestos.
2. Phthalates. 8. Bisphenol A.
3. Heavy metals. 9. Ethanol.
4. Carcinogens. 10. Thalidomide.
5. Mercury. 11. Teratogenic agents.
6. Lead. 12. Endocrine Disruptors.
What I love about nature is that there is an abundance of natural ways we can go about this process that will help our children to detox. fruits, veggies, and herbs are natures pharmacy that can help us accomplish this goal.
1. Garlic- is a natural purifier that can help to cleanse the system.
2. Beets– juice is great, I remembered as a child my parents gave my brother and sisters along with myself beets juice to drink. Beets purifies the blood
3. Papayas– are also great to cleanse the system, the seeds may be eaten also.
4. Apples– contain lots of fiber that can aid in a good bowel movement.
5. Lemon mixed with water helps to cleanse the liver.
6. Water– Drinking purified water helps to flush the system.
7. Coconut water– helps to keep the kidneys working at its best.
8. Apple cider vinegar– has been known to help in cleansing the system, 1 tsp. in a cup of water once a week can offer some help.
9. Avocados– helps to cleanse the liver.
10. Basils– has anti-bacterial properties along with an abundance of antioxidants that helps to rid the body of free radicals.
11. Ginger– cleanse the liver and helps get rid of waste.
12. Peppermint has an awesome aroma and a very pleasant taste. This herb can be used to fight a sore throat associated with the flu and colds. Peppermint has the ability to stop the coughs along with acting as a lung cleanser.
13. Cranberries– has the ability to fight bladder infections.
14. Pumpkin seeds– help the body to get rid of parasites.
15. Broccoli– has the ability to fight cancer-causing agents.
16. Green tea is loaded with antioxidants that help to rid the body of free radicals.
There is so much more that can be added to this list, but by ensuring that your children include some of these in their diet can go a long way in helping to rid the body of toxins.
Another way to keep children healthy is by giving a detox bath which is pretty amazing. There are many recipes that can help with this, here is one that you can try.
Children that weigh less than 60 lbs add 1/2 cup of Epsom salt to bathwater.
Kids that weigh more than 60 lbs add l cup of Epsom salt to the bathtub.
There are so many more recipes you can try to keep your children healthy and happy. Also adding a few indoor plants around the home can help to keep the air clean.
Nasser did a study many years ago and according to that study having a few houseplants can get rid of as much as 85 % toxins by pulling them out of the air and filtering them through their root system.
There is much more that can be said on this topic that is beyond the scope of this article. This is just so you can see what we are up against and the many solutions that are at our fingertips.
Our children are our greatest investment so let’s do our part in ensuring that they remain healthy and happy at all times.