The Amazing World of Figs
Figs do not only make a delightful treat but the benefits of figs are of great value and can really give our bodies that extra boost that it needs. I remembered as a child growing up fig newton was a snack that I often ate.
What is also great about figs is that figs are low in calories. Figs are used in many recipes and products so I invite you to take advantage of this fruit and all that it has to offer.
Figs have been harvested from ancient times and are native of western Asia and the Middle East.
So many people are now discovering the healthy side of figs. In this article, we will be looking at some of these benefits and why we should take advantage of them.
Fig health benefits
Fig health benefits include
1. Strengthens bones.
2. Help to prevent breast cancer
3. It helps to prevent colon cancer.
4. May help in weight loss.
5. Promotes heart health.
6. It lowers blood pressure.
7. Figs are a good source of antioxidants that aid the body in getting rid of free radicals.
8. Figs are a good source of fiber that aids in a good bowel movement.
9. Figs aids in lowering cholesterol.
10. Figs are an immune booster.
11. Figs are good for our skin.
12. Promotes healthy liver.
13. Figs are great for our hair.
14. Aids in reducing throat pain.
15. Prevent hypertension.
Fig health benefits are so amazing as you can see they are Numerous.
The Vitamin content of figs includes
Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Niacin, Calcium, Zinc, Iron, Copper, Potassium, Magnesium, Manganese, Riboflavin, Thiamin, Dietary fiber, Protein, Foliates, Pyridoxine, Pantothenic acid, Lutein-Zeaxanthin, Carotene-B.
The final word
Fig health benefits are truly great so make figs a part of your diet and take advantage of figs as you boost your health with this superfood that has helped so many people worldwide.