Foods That Fights Bad Breath
Eliminating bad breath naturally
Nothing can be more embarrassing than to turn people off because your breath is not fresh or to have what some people call dragon or bad breath.
There is much reason as to why persons may have bad breath, it may be because of certain foods, gastrointestinal health, or oral hygiene. But whatever the case may be the good news is there are foods we can incorporate into our diet
that can go a long way in helping to fight bad breath and give us the confidence as we go about our daily lives. I have come across some persons myself and the experience was far from inviting.
I am also very conscious of my breath and do whatever I can so that I can speak at all times with the assurance that I will not turn people away.
Foods that cause bad breath
We all have those favorites foods that we love to eat but the unfortunate side is to eat these foods in moderation or to have breathed fresher to use after eating these foods.
Garlic has so many benefits and can do so much as far as our health is concern but eating a lot of foods that are prepared with garlic can work against us.
Brush teeth if possible or carry breath freshers to get rid of odor.
Onions are another food that contains vitamins and all of that other good stuff but consuming too much onion can be a real turn off. Because onions can really give your breath a strong odor.
Brushing teeth or using breath freshers after each meal can go a long way in giving you the confidence as you talk with people.
Spicy foods may really appeal to our taste buds but have an enormous effect on our breath. Eliminate this problem by brushing or breath fresheners.
Fish whether canned or fresh can really be a problem when it comes to bad breath. Sure that fish dinner may have excited your taste buds while giving you such a memorable experience but be warned fish can give our breath such an odor.
If you cannot brush then carry some breath freshener or sugarless gum with you. Rinse mouth with water then freshen breath with breath freshener.
Alcohol is not a food but the consumption of alcohol can really cause bad breath I mean really bad. The consumption of alcohol is not good so staying away from alcohol is really good.
Proper mouth care is so important such as brushing and flossing after each meal, seeing your dentist twice a year, the use of Listerine on daily basis can help to kill the bacteria that causes bad breath. Also, do brush your tongue.
Has to do with the dysfunction of certain organs where foods are not being digested properly which requires medical help, the subject at hand is beyond the scope of this article
but persons who have this issue may experience bad breath due to this issue. Getting medical help can correct this problem giving you the confidence to live a healthy normal life.
Foods that fights bad breath
1. Ginger– Ginger is very potent and can help kill bad breath. Swishing a cup of warm ginger with lemon juice in your mouth for a few seconds can neutralize bad breath.
3. Water is not only good for our kidneys but keeping our mouths moist at all times because dry mouth can cause bad breath. Swishing water around in the mouth can also wash away food particles that cause bad breath.
4. Green tea can get the job done. Flavonoids that are found in green tea, helps to fight off bacteria.
5. Apples are great because besides getting all those vitamins from this fruit chewing on an apple increases the flow of saliva that helps to keep the mouth free of bacteria.
7. Chewing on celery sticks also has the same effects as chewing on carrots.
8. Cranberries are a good source of vitamin C that fights bacteria as well as gum disease.
10. Chewing on cucumbers increase the flow of saliva that helps to keep the mouth free of saliva because this process acts as a rinse.
11. Rosemary can really flavor your foods, I love cooking with this herb. Because of the nice aroma and taste that rosemary has, this herb also acts as a breath freshener that produces oils.
12. Papayas are a good source of Vitamin C which helps to fight bacteria.
The list of foods can go on that is so beneficial in fighting bacteria. But this is just to give you an idea of the foods that you add to your grocery list each week or so.
So let’s continue to take advantage of these foods that fights bad breath.