Winning the war on cancer
Cancer is a serious sickness that has taken a toll on many lives from the young, middle age to the old. Ongoing research is seeking to find ways to bring an end to this disease that has taken so many lives.
Cancer is a subject that is so vast which it is beyond the scope of this article, but what we will be looking at however is some signs of cancer, foods that cause you to be at risk along with other things to avoid, some forms of cancer and superfoods that can help us to combat and win the war on cancer along with other cancer prevention tips.
Where does cancer come from
Where does cancer come from? I am glad that you asked that question. Medical studies have shown that our bodies have millions and millions of cells if one or more of these cells begin to abnormally grow and multiply out of control
what happens next is a tumor is formed, these tumors are known as Benign tumors. Medical assistance is then required to treat these tumors as best as they can to bring this situation under control. Also, there are many types of cancer.
It is esteemed that more than 565000 people die of cancer each year in The USA and 1.5 million each year are diagnosed with this terrible disease, therefore we must continue to do our part in winning the war on cancer.
Types of cancers
These are just a few of the many types of cancers.
1. Breast cancer 6. Cervical cancer.
2. Throat cancer 7. Lung cancer.
3. Prostate cancer. 8. Ovarian cancer.
4. Cancer of the brain. 9. Bladder cancer.
5. Skin cancer. 10. Melanoma.
Other causes of cancer
Here are some other causes of cancer.
1. Smoking-Kick the habit before it is too late.
2. Being overexposed to sunlight-Wear sunscreen, protective clothing long pants, and long sleeve shirt is the ideal thing when working outdoors.
3. Chemicals-Inhaling chemicals also expose you to cancer so be sure and wear respirators or make it a habit and take in regular breaths of fresh air.
4. Radiation-Try your best not to be exposed to radiation and follow the proper guidelines when warming foods in a microwave oven using the right containers.
5. Genetics-Medically it has been proven that genetics is a cause of cancer. So if you know it runs in your family getting a regular checkup from your doctor along with diet and exercise can go a long way in helping to win the war on cancer.
6. Polluted air- Now I know this one is beyond our control because everywhere we go there are factory fumes, car fumes, fumes from other forms of transportation, gas-powered tools, etc…
7. Contaminated water- It is good to ensure that the kind of water we are consuming is quality water.
Some signs of cancer
1. Changes in bowel movement. 7. Skin changes.
2. lumps in the breast. 8. Hard to swallow.
3. Blood in stools. 9. Coughing up blood.
4. Sores that don’t heal. 10. Problems peeing.
5. Blood in your urine. 11. Bloating.
6. Unexplained weight loss. 12. Mouth ulcers.
Foods to avoid
Here are some foods to avoid.
1. Sodas. 7. Processed foods.
2. Microwave popcorn. 8. Alcohol.
3. A diet rich in red meats. 9. French fries.
4. Canned foods 10. White flour.
5. Refined sugar. 11. Can tomatoes.
6. Hydrogenated oils- also classed as trans- fat. 12. Sweeteners.
Foods that fight cancer
Here are some superfoods to include in your diet to help fight cancer.
1. Nuts and seeds are a good source.
2. Green leafy vegetables for example cabbage.
5. Citrus fruits, for example, Oranges.
6. Garlic can really deliver a punch.
7. Broccoli can help also.
8. Spices sure can spice up your life.
9. Give cranberries a try they will get the job.
10. Mushrooms are a must so dig in and enjoy.
11. Apples– “an apple a day keep the doctor away” was a saying from my childhood days.
12. Organic meats are a great source because they are not contaminated and are grown in a healthy way.
Other cancer prevention tips
Here are some other cancer prevention tips.
1. Avoid being overweight, have an exercise program.
2. Add whole grains to your diet.
3. Keep your intake of starches low.
5. Adding grapes are good.
6. Onions are one of my favorites and can really help.
7. Drinking milk is good.
8. Drinking pure water is great and will also keep you hydrated.
9. If you can live without your microwave then, by all means, do so.
10. Make eating fruits more exciting in this way. Fruit salad recipes.
11. Have more fun with your veggies by making garden salads.
12. Stay away from high- calorie drinks.
The final word
I know this article may be lengthy so thanks for sticking around to the end. As long as this post may seem there is so much more that can be shared but this is just to give an idea about cancer and how to combat it. So let’s do our part to remain cancer-free and enjoy life to the fullest.
About the author
Norman loves being in the garden, both at home and for his job....
he is 'Natures Little helper' being outdoors, growing his vegetables and flowers from an early age.
Now having spent over 22 years in the profession he want to give some of his knowledge to others...
his vast array of hints and tips you will find scattered over this site will help you no end growing plants in your garden.