Foods That Increase Blood Flow
Our blood our life
In one of my previous articles, we looked at foods that build blood, however, in this article, we will be looking at foods that increase blood flow. When blood flows through our bodies what happens is our organs get a better supply of oxygen as well as nutrients that are of great benefit.
Increased blood flow also helps to give us healthier skin as well as removing waste and carbon dioxide from our bodies. Therefore it is important that we include foods in our diet that can help our blood to flow more freely.
Poor blood circulation
So, if what we have discussed above is true then what’s the opposite side of good blood circulation. Poor blood circulation, poor blood circulation is not good and many are facing this issue because of poor diet and having a poor lifestyle.
The effects of poor blood circulation can really bring the body under stress causing all sorts of problems including,
1. Swollen ankles.
2. Swollen feet.
3. Swollen hands.
4. When engaging in physical activities getting winded or out of breath very quickly.
5. Always having dizzy spells.
6. Feeling cramps in the limbs.
7. Heartbeat is abnormal.
8. Getting headaches.
9. Poor skin tone.
10. Memory loss.
11. Feeling tingling in limbs.
12. Always feeling cold even when the weather may be warm, feeling cold in your hands and your feet.
These are just a few of the signs that indicate that you may have poor blood circulation. So we see now the importance of having proper blood flow.
Foods that increase blood flow
Diet plays an important part, here are some foods you can add to your diet to ensure that you have the proper blood flow.
1. Watermelons are a good choice.
2. Citrus fruits such as oranges.
7. Brussels sprout.
9. Peaches are an excellent choice and are loaded with so much of the good stuff.
10. Celery is also among these superfoods.
11. Nuts are said to be a good source to help improve blood flow.
12. Drink 6-8 glasses of water each day.
13. Whole grains.
14. Garlic is one of my favorites and I especially love adding garlic to my meals.
15. Pumpkin seeds.
16. Believe it or not Cayenne pepper.
17. A Diet that consists of fish in, fact believe or not again I can eat fish every day.
18. Apple Cider vinegar is said to give good results.
19. For all you tea lovers, green tea is a herbal tea that can do wonders.
20. Red bell peppers are great, I love to eat bell peppers raw or uncooked in salads.
21. Cumber is a favorite that I also add to salads.
Other ways to improve blood circulation
1. Cut down on your intake of salt.
3. Ditch the alcohol bottle.
4. Smoking is a NO NO.
5. Wear clothing that is loose and not tight fitted.
6. Getting a message is great and can help blood flow greatly.
7. Cut out or drink Caffeine moderation.
8. Try your very best to stay stress- free.
As we mentioned earlier our blood is our life so let’s do all we can to preserve our lives by eating foods that increase blood flow.