Foods That Increase Blood Flow
Our blood our life
In one of my previous articles, we looked at foods that builds blood, however, in this article, we will be looking at foods that increase blood flow. When blood flows through our bodies what happens is our organs get a better supply of oxygen as well as nutrients which are of great benefit.
Increased blood flow also helps to give us healthier skin as well as removing waste and carbon dioxide from our bodies. Therefore it is important that we include foods in our diet that can help our blood to flow more freely.
Poor blood circulation
So, if what we have discussed above is true then what’s the opposite of good blood circulation. Poor blood circulation, poor blood circulation is not good and many are facing this issue because of poor dieting.
The effects of poor blood circulation can really bring your body under stress causing all sorts of problems including,
1. Swollen ankles.
2. Swollen feet.
3. Swollen hands.
4. When engaging in physical activities getting winded or out of breath very quickly.
5. Always having dizzy spells.
6. Feeling cramps in the limbs.
7. Heartbeat is abnormal.
8. Getting headaches.
9. Poor skin tone.
10. Memory loss.
11. Feeling tingling in limbs.
12. Always feeling cold even when the weather may be warm, hands and feet that are always cold.
Foods that increase blood flow
Diet plays an important part, here are some foods that can be added to your diet to ensure you have the proper blood flow.
1. Watermelons are a good choice.
2. Citrus fruits such as oranges.
7. Brussels sprout.
9. Peaches are an excellent choice and are loaded with so much of the good stuff.
10. Celery is also among these superfoods.
11. Nuts are said to be a good source to help improve blood flow.
12. Drink 6-8 glasses of water each day.
13. Whole grains.
14. Garlic is one of my favourites and I especially love adding garlic to my meals.
15. Pumpkin seeds.
16. Believe it or not Cayenne pepper.
17. A Diet that consists of fish .
18. Apple Cider vinegar is said to give good results.
19. For all you tea lovers, green tea is a herbal tea that can do wonders.
20. Red bell peppers are great, I love to eat bell peppers raw or uncooked in salads.
21. Cumber is a favourite that I also add to salads.
Other ways to improve blood circulation
1. Cut down on your intake of salt.
3. Ditch the alcohol bottle.
4. Smoking is a NO NO.
5. Wear clothing that is loose and not tight fitted.
6. Getting a message is great and can help blood flow greatly.
7. Cut out or drink Caffeine moderation.
8. Try your very best to stay stress- free.
The final Word
As we mentioned earlier our blood is our life so let’s do all we can to preserve our lives by eating foods that increase blood flow.