Promoting Healthy Hearts
Heart health is so important because our heart is a vital organ that is responsible for pumping our blood so that it can circulate through our bodies, the heart is also said to be a muscular organ, what is even more interesting is our blood carries nutrients and oxygen throughout our bodies ensuring that every part is well taken care of. Our heart is also responsible for removing wastes and carbon dioxide.
When we neglect to take care of our heart our body will not function the way it is supposed to and if the problem is not handled immediately and with care, our bodies will begin to deteriorate. It is said that more than five hundred thousand people across the United States die every year from heart disease and more than twenty- six million are diagnosed with this problem
A build-up of plaque causes heart disease, when this happens the artery walls gets stiff which makes it difficult for blood to flow through the arteries, your organs, in turn, will not be able to get the nutrients and oxygen they need which spells trouble.
what are some of the things that contribute to heart disease?
3. Poor diet
Getting to the heart of the matter
So then let’s get to the heart of the matter and look at some ways to ensure that we have a healthy heart. Foods that promote healthy hearts
Oranges, bananas, strawberries blueberries, melons, apples, raspberries, blackberries, grapefruits, papayas, cantaloupes, raisins, beets, walnuts, almonds, oats, whole grains, avocados, leafy greens chickpeas, olives, spinach, broccoli, asparagus, garlic, lentils, Flex seeds, Beans, sweet potatoes.
In order to maintain a healthy heart, it is good to get our heart rate up and the only way this can happen is to get involved in activities that are good for your heart such as.
3. Playing a sport.
Smoking is a no-no and is so bad for your health, I smoked also but gave that up many years ago. When we look at what smoking can do such as lung cancer and throat cancer this alone should cause us to run for our lives.
I have seen the effects of smoking and what it can and has done to persons, from having such a bad cough to having one of those devices placed in their throat so they can be able to at least try to speak. Take a look at all of those commercials that we see which warn against the dangers of smoking.
Some persons believe that it is hard to quit and it may be for some, but just think about what you are doing to your body not to mention the hurt and pain you’re putting your family through as they see you suffer and can’t really do anything about it except pray and hope seeking help from doctors.
There are medications you can take along with joining groups that can help and encourage you to stop as you are on the road to recovery. Just think how you will be cutting your life short when you could live a long and healthy life enjoying every day of it with your family and friends
I know what you are thinking but this cannot be stress enough, I hope I am right, anyway, a proper diet is so important. Many in society are facing health issues simply because they can’t say no or don’t seem to have the willpower to say no, it does not matter if it looks good or smells good that does not mean that it is good.
Someone once said, that “with our spoons and forks we dig our graves” well then the flip side of the coin is that with those same spoons and forks we can eat our way back to good health, all is not lost there is still hope, but we have to make a conscious decision and then follow through in our actions along with being disciplined.
Tips to follow
1. Please stay away from greasy foods.
2. Do not eat heavily during the late hours of the night. Anytime after 8:00 pm should be light meals. or I will put it this way as someone said, “Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a queen, and dinner like a popper”. Breakfast should be the biggest meal followed by a late lunch and a lite dinner also If you feel the need to eat after 8:00 pm then eat fruit, have a salad or make some nice herbal tea. Here is a link to the benefits of herbal teas.
3. Make sure and get your daily amount of water. Follow the link, please. Your health and water.
4. Get your annual checkup from the doctor.
5. Try to stay stress-free, because when some persons are stressed they tend to overeat as a way to find comfort. But this only adds to the problem of becoming overweight. We all have our share of challenges in life, we live in a real-world where we face real issues, but like someone once said in spite that “don’t take life so serious”, life was met to be enjoyed. Find that happy place whether it be Getting only with God in pray like I do, going on nature walks, going beaching, or find some other fun activity, but take time out and smell the roses along with life’s journey. learn to laugh, play and smile, because as the old saying goes “life is short”. Please follow this link. How to relieve stress with spices.
The final word
I liken our hearts to a battery that is responsible for keeping our bodies going, therefore it is so important for us to do all that we can to keep our hearts healthy as long as possible, so let’s do our part to ensure that our battery (heart) does not run down by making it work a lot more easy by the choices we make.
About the author
Norman loves being in the garden, both at home and for his job....
he is 'Natures Little helper' being outdoors, growing his vegetables and flowers from an early age.
Now having spent over 22 years in the profession he want to give some of his knowledge to others...
his vast array of hints and tips you will find scattered over this site will help you no end growing plants in your garden.