Foods That Promotes Healthy Skin
It is so good to have healthy skin that is radiant and healthy looking but the only way that can happen is by taking good care of our skin. When it comes to skincare many persons do not even give this a second, though.
But taking good care of our skin is just as important as taking care of our hair, teeth, eyes and other body parts. I have seen persons with skin that is far from healthy looking, now don’t get me wrong, I am not talking about persons that may have a skin issue, I am talking about persons that are not taking care of their skin.
There are however some factors that may also play a part in affecting a person skin which we will be looking at.
Some factors that affect our skin
1. Water plays a big role in the health of our skin. Water that we bathe with may have impurities and these impurities once in contact with our body’s can have a major impact on our skin.
2. Running the bath too hot and bathing in hot water to the point where we either scold our skin or our skin may begin to peel. This can happen especially in cold weather where persons take a hot bath and then expose themselves to the cold.
This is dangerous because not only can your skin peel but that switch from cold to hot and then cold again can also have an adverse effect on the body as well.
3. Summertime is a great time to be outdoors enjoying and taking in all that nature has to offer even going beaching, but our skin can also be damaged by the sun. Skin cancer is one of those serious issues.
4. Cars, trucks, buses, motorbikes and so on also can have an effect on our skin, the fumes and smoke from their exhaust come in contact with our skin.
5. Smoke from factories can also cause damaged skin.
6. Some plants such as poison ivy and so on, in a case like this be very careful when going on nature walks.
7. Even some plants that we may be growing in our landscape can have an adverse effect on our skin. I remember when I was employed many years ago at a five- star resort, part of my duties was to help take care of the interior plants, now what was so interesting was that there was a certain plant that had an adverse effect on my co-work but surprisingly it did not bother me at all.
So some plants that we grow as part of our landscape can have an adverse effect on skin, make sure if you have or maybe thinking of installing plants that they are not irritating to your skin.
8. Age or aging is something that we have no control over, our skin is affected as we get older but even then we can still have healthy skin by treating it.
There is more that can be said at this point on how our skin is affected but what I want to turn our attention to is how can we get and maintain healthy skin.
How to have and maintain healthy skin
1. Drink plenty of water`can help to keep the skin healthy looking. To learn more about the benefits of water follow this link. Your health and water.
2. Fruits and vegetables are also great for healthy looking skin. strawberries, apples, carrots, beetroot, sweet potatoes kiwi, oranges, spinach, blueberries, pomegranate, green tea, black currants, guavas, Yellow bell peppers, pumpkin seeds, avocados, broccoli, papayas, red grapes, garlic, green tea, pineapple, bananas, plum, whole grains.
3. Herbs which includes aloe vera, turmeric, chamomile, bay leaves, sage, basil, rosemary, echinacea, lemongrass. To learn more about herbs their healing properties follow these links garden herbs that contain healing wonders and how to grow herbs, the benefit of herbal teas.
4. Nuts include walnuts, cashews, almonds, brazil nuts, pecans, chestnut, macadamias. Follow the link for more information on nuts. Nutritional facts about nuts.
5. There are also skin products you can purchase such as coco butter, sunscreen and so on.
Our skin goes through a lot, therefore we owe it to ourselves to make sure that our skin stays young and healthy looking, so let’s give our skin what it needs I promise you, you will love the results.