Relieving Stress the Natural Way
Many years ago stress was said to be the number one killer just as high blood pressure was said to be the silent killer. We live in a world where we are faced with so many issues that must be dealt with.
Burying our heads in the sand will not cause it to go away. This (stress) 5 letter word has done so much damage to families and individuals which is so sad.
On a yearly basis, millions are in the doctor’s office trying to find some relief from this word that we call stress. The situation that many face may be different but it is all the same in that it brings stress.
How we deal with stress will determine our outcome at the end of the day and I am pretty sure we all want to see the silver lining or rainbow when the smoke clears.
We can go on and on about this topic that so many people are familiar with however we will be looking at how to get rid of stress the natural way.
Getting rid of stress the natural way
So many drugs are sold over the counter that promises to bring relief and while in some cases they may help the thing is many of these drugs have side effects that can really hurt you, in the long run,
they may be fast-acting but at what cause. Going natural is a great way to get rid of stress and the best part is you don’t have to worry about side effects. Now I understand that the process of going the natural way may take longer but this is a safe way to get rid of stress.
Here are some superfoods that have proven to get the job done and to help win the war on stress.
Superfoods in action
1. Avocados are rich in potassium which is good for keeping blood pressure normal.
2. Carrots are next on the list with their ability to get the job done.
3. Bananas are also a good source because these fruits are loaded with potassium.
4. It’s ok to go nuts over nuts because nuts are a good source of vitamins that can boost your immune system helping you to beat stress. Walnuts, almonds, and pistachios can really help.
5. Oranges are loaded with Vitamin C that plays a major part in keeping your blood in check.
6. Fish is a good source. Omega 3 is found in fish like salmon and tuna which have been known to relieve stress.
7. Eating veggies raw helps with stress. The crunch of these veggies is a good stress reliever.
8. Exercise is a great activity and has proven to be an effective stress reliever so join a club, a gym or take those sneakers out of the closet dust them off, and hit the park.
9. Broccoli is loaded with folic acid that aids in stress relief.
10. Cantaloupe is also a good source of Vitamin C that can help combat stress.
Other tips on stress relief
Other tips for stress relief may include
1. Going on hikes or nature walks
2. Getting involved in a charity.
3. Starting a hobby like gardening and fishing.
4. Drawing or painting.
5. Playing video or board games.
7. Playing with your kids.
8. Have a barbecue.
9. Visit art galleries.
10. Listen to nice soothing classical music.
11. Go to the museum.
12. Build model planes, boats, etc…
13. Try new cooking and baking recipes.
14. Putting puzzle pieces together.
15. An adult coloring book is pretty awesome.
16. Go bird watching.
17. Fly a kite.
These are just a few of the many stress relievers to try. I am pretty sure with your creative thinking you can add to this list.
The final word
The good news is stress can be beaten it is all a matter of including these ideas in your day-to-day life and before you know it you will be on top of the world and stress will be a thing of the past.
So try these tips and watch as you start your day each morning with a new burst of energy.