Strengthen Your Teeth with These Superfoods
In one of my articles, we discuss foods that clean our teeth. In this article, however, we will be looking at foods that strengthen our teeth. Our teeth are one of our greatest assets and we should do all that we can to ensure that our teeth are getting the best care ever.
I have seen many persons over the years who have teeth far from healthy-looking as a result of poor teeth care. Our teeth were met to last because medically it has been proven that our teeth are one of the strongest things in the human body so it takes a whole lot of abuse to cause our teeth to deteriorate
Besides the neglect of regular hygienic practice, there are some other factors that may influence the deterioration of our teeth.
What other factors are there that influence the deterioration of our teeth?
1. Products that are high in acid-Soft drinks can have this effect because of the acid which can eat away at our enamel.
2. High sugar content-Foods that have a high sugar content are not only bad for your health but can provide a means by which bacteria will multiply.
3. Ageing- Now This is an area that we have no control over and it is a known fact that as we get older our teeth get weaker, but the good news is there are foods which can help even at this stage in life.
4. It is medically reported that some medication can cause the mouth to become dry producing less saliva and contributes to tooth decay.
5. Tooth grinding- Tooth grinding occurs at times when we are asleep or it may happen when a person is under extreme pressure. Tooth grinding causes the enamel to wear away.
Signs of teeth that is weakening
1. Teeth may become loose or as we call it shaky.
2. Teeth may bleed very easily, this is also a sign of gum disease.
3. May feel pain when biting into an apple or other firm foods.
4. Teeth may become discolored because the enamel is weakened.
5. Teeth may bleed easily when brushed. Again this may be a sign of gum disease.
6. Persons may have bad breath.
7. Teeth that have cracks.
These are some signs to look for, dental advice should be sought out.
Chewing on ice cubes and chicken bone etc…. can also damage teeth. This is common practice with a lot of people and we should do our best to eliminate this practice.
Foods that strengthen teeth
1. Foods that are rich in vitamin D like milk etc…
2. Chewing on a piece of celery.
3. Chewing apples.
4. Eating carrots raw or uncooked.
5. Cashew nuts.
The final word
Our teeth are one of our greatest assets so let’s do all that we can to preserve them through proper teeth care to maintain that beautiful smile.