Promoting Your Health with Fruit Peels
Don’t trash the gold use it to promote your health
There is an old saying which goes “one man’s junk is another man’s treasure” which is so true. Over the years fruit peels have been viewed as useless and discarded or thrown away. But slowly the benefits of fruit peels have been discovered to benefit our bodies in so many ways.
Fruit peels that were once looked upon as junk or trash are now being embraced and use to promote one’s health. These peels are loaded with vitamins and nutrients
Fruit Peel Health Benefits
Fruit Peels are diverse from smooth to coarse even hairy in the case of kiwi fruits. The skin of some fruits can be consumed raw such as apple, grapes, pears, etc.. and there are some fruit peels that can be used to make tea such as orange, mango and so on but how can we use these fruit peel to our advantage.
Orange Peel Tea Benefits
- Orange peel- can be used to make tea, boil the skin, strain, and add brown sugar or honey. Sweeten to taste and enjoy
- Aids in weight loss
- Acts as a lung cleanser and boosting immunity, breaking down congestion.
- Orange peels help to treat blackheads
- Help to fight cancer- Studies have shown that orange peels contain poly methoxy flavones which are a type of flavonoid that helps to fight cancer cells
- Applying orange peel directly to the skin can help your skin to look younger
- Orange peel contains phenolic antioxidants that help to fight acne-causing bacteria by pacing the orange peel juice on your face.
Banana Peel Benefits
What about the banana peel, to many times the peel of this fruit is thrown away but what health benefits do banana peel offers.
- Cures pimples-rubbing banana peel on your face every day for several minutes will cure pimples
- For Warts- applying a piece of banana peel to the infected area and securing it with a bandage will cause the wart to dry up. Repeat until wart is gone
- Rubbing the inner part of the banana peel on your teeth will cause them to get white. Do this on a daily basis for two weeks or more
- Rubbing a banana peel on mosquito bites will bring relief
- Treat puffy eyes and dark cycle- use the inner white part of the banana peel along with aloe. Placing it under your eyes will help get rid of cycles and bags
- For oily skin- using a mixture of banana, lemon juice, and honey will get rid of oily skin
- It is believed that applying banana peel on painful areas for half an hour will bring relief
Apple Peel Benefits
There is a saying that goes “an apple a day keeps the doctor away” What do you think?
- Do you want healthy bones other than consuming milk? Apple peel contains calcium that is good for bone health
- Chewing and apple including the peel will help to make your teeth whiter along with preventing cavities and tooth decay
- Triterpenoids are a compound that can be found in an apple peel. These compounds help to fight cancer
- Apple peel is loaded with fiber. Fiber contributes to a good bowel movement
- Eating 3 servings of apples a week along with the peel has proven according to studies to help fight type 2 diabetes
- Apples are loaded with antioxidants which help the body to get rid of free radicals that work against our health
- Consuming apples on the regular reduces the risk of the stroke
- Eating apples are good for improving brain health
The Benefits Of Watermelon Peel Or Rind
One of my favorite fruits is watermelon. I remembered as a child I was taught that after I ate the watermelon to wipe my face with the inner white part because watermelon acts as a face cleanser, but what other benefit does watermelon offers.
- It is said that watermelon rind increases the libido which improves one’s sex drive
- It is believed that the rind which is the white part of the watermelon has more nutrients than the fruit itself which is the red part of the watermelon
- The rinds of watermelon aids in weight loss
- Watermelon rinds are a rich source of antioxidants that help the body to get rid of free radicals
- The rinds of watermelon are high in L-citrulline that helps your blood vessels to expand aiding in the circulation of blood
- Watermelon rinds aids in the control of kidney function and blood pressure
- Watermelon is a good source of fiber that will make your bathroom visits easier
Lime Peel Benefits
Growing up as a kid I loved lemonade on hot summer days but what I did not know as a child was the benefit of the lemon peel. I would trash the gold but since my childhood days, I have discovered the benefits of lemon peel.
- The vitamin c content in lemon peels has been known to promote healthy skin. The vitamins in the lemon peel can help to reduce free radical that causes skin damage
- Lemon peels contain pectin which aids in weight loss
- The vitamin in lemon peel contributes to oral health by promoting healthy teeth and gums
- Lemon peels contain polyphenol flavonoids which promote good cholesterol
- Lemon peels are rich in vitamins which helps to support bone health because it contains high amounts of calcium
- Lemon peels contain potassium which contributes to the proper maintenance of blood pressure
Peach Peel Benefits
What about peaches. There are many varieties of peaches that it is so amazing. As a child peach was a fruit that my parents made sure we had. But what benefits do the skin of peach offers
Should we eat the peel or skin or should we discard it? See for yourself and tell me what you think. Here we go.
- Peach skin is loaded with antioxidants that are good for fighting free radicals which are dangerous for our health
- Consuming peaches including the skin help to support heart health because of the vitamin content
- Consuming peaches with the skin promotes eye health because peaches contain beta-carotene
- Eating unpeeled peaches will aid with weight loss
- Consuming peaches including the skin encourages heart health and help to discourage bone disease
- Research has shown that consuming peaches aids in proper brain function because the compounds that are found in this fruit has a positive effect on the central cholinergic system
The final word
I am sure after reading this article this information may have come as a surprise to you. It’s really amazing to see how we can benefit from fruit peels. The outer layers of these peels are just as beneficial
as the insides and in some cases, the other layer has more nutrients than the inside. So the next time you are tempted to throw away your fruit peel remember the benefits these peels carry.
Even if you don’t want to consume them they can always be us to build a compost pile or to start an organic garden. Fruit peels can benefit us in so many ways from promoting our health to providing nutrients for our garden plants.
So go ahead and invest in these peels and take advantage of all they have to offer. Fruit peels, Don’t trash the gold use it.
About the author
Norman loves being in the garden, both at home and for his job....
he is 'Natures Little helper' being outdoors, growing his vegetables and flowers from an early age.
Now having spent over 22 years in the profession he want to give some of his knowledge to others...
his vast array of hints and tips you will find scattered over this site will help you no end growing plants in your garden.