A great way to Grow Organic without spending a Dime!
A great way to save on fertilizers and to grow foods which are healthy is to Grow Organic, our kitchens believe it or not is a gold mine and can save us so much money if we only scarp and not trash the gold. There is a saying that ” one man’s junk is another man’s treasure”
Those potatoes, onion, banana peels, etc.. can be used to enrich our garden soil this natural organic will work wonders.
Below are a few benefits of Growing Organics
1. The use of organic matter will help with water drainage.
2. Adding organic matter will help your garden soil to hold the right amount of moisture.
3. Organics will help to improve microbial activity which will, in turn, promote the health and growth of garden plants.
4. The use of organics will increase the soil’s nutrient content.
5. Grow better quality foods.
6. Adding organic matter to your garden soil will influence less water usage which will help you to $ave.
7. Using organics will improve the soil air quality which is beneficial for soil microbes and garden plants.
The benefits of eating organics
Eating organic foods has proven to be so beneficial to our health here are just a few facts of what these foods can do
1. Organic foods have more antioxidants which will rid the body of free radicals which are unstable atoms that can damage the cells in our bodies.
2. It is a known fact that organic foods contain higher nutrients.
3. Organic foods are of better quality.
4. There is no contamination.
5. Using organics will keep your edible plants healthy which is a great way to promote health.
How to add kitchen scraps to my garden
When adding kitchen scraps to your garden there are a few ways this can be done.
- Starting a compost pile outdoors
- Starting a compost pile indoors
- Placing kitchen scraps in a hole
Staring and outdoor compost pile
A great way to turn your kitchen scraps into good nutrient-rich garden soil is with the help of a compost pile. This method is not new but has been around for some time which has proven to be effective.
On a smaller scale, you can build a compost pile indoors which can also be of good benefits for more on how this is done continue to this link composting indoors.
This method has proven to be effective all this comprises is digging a trench and placing the kitchen scraps inside then covering with soil, the natural process of decomposition will take place as your garden soil is enriched.
Placing kitchen scraps in a hole
This process is simple just don’t overcrowd the hole the gold is that scraps would sit comfortably in the hole, cover with soil and allow decomposition to set in.
Keep your kitchen scraps in a bucket until time for use. Kitchen scraps should only include plant material, animal scraps or product must and should be avoided because of contamination and the possibility of attracting rodents and other wildlife.
How long does it take for kitchen scraps to decompose
How long does it take for kitchen scraps to decompose? it all depends on the size and the number of kitchen scraps you are using. The temperature also plays an important part, if the soil temperature is hot especially with the presence of moisture decomposition will set in much faster.
1. When growing food products it is good to use organic insecticides to treat garden insect pests.
2. Biological control is another great way to grow your food crops because using this method will cause your foods to be contaminated free. The practice of releasing beneficial insects in your garden is how this process is done.
3. The use of a hand pruner to remove small plant parts which may be infested with insect pest or diseases is also great to keep your edible foods safe to consume.
4. When watering your edible foods to limit disease water at the soil or ground level avoid the water from touching the leaves.
5. Water during the morning hours and not late in the evening which can influence disease. If watering too late in the evening the soil will not have sufficient time to dry which will influence disease.
6. Keeping the planting area clear of debris will help to discourage disease.
7. The garden bed should also be free of weeds, so get a good head start on weeds by removing them as soon as they appear.
This is a wonderful time to be able to reap the rewards of your labor. A key is getting information on the harvest time of which fruits, herbs or vegetables you’re growing to be able to pick and enjoy them at the right time.
The Benefit of Recycling
Recycling is so important because what you can do is repeat the process, as you grow and harvest your food crops collect the peels. This is an ongoing process which will keep your garden soil enriched as you use those peels and other plant scraps to your advantage.
Ornamental garden plants
Collecting kitchen scraps can also be used on non-edible garden plants to enrich the soil so your flowering plants will bloom their best along with keeping your plants healthy and thriving.
A sense of pride
Not only will you save a few dollars by going organic with kitchen scraps but you will also have a sense of pride knowing that you are growing quality foods from your home garden which you can be shared with both family and friends. This is really an awesome feeling which is so rewarding.
The final word
Collecting and using kitchen scraps is a gold mine which can transform your garden soil which will meet your garden plants requirements. Going organic is truly amazing because gardening in this way has so many benefits so grow organic by scraping not trashing the gold.