Garden herbs that contain healing wonders
As we take a tour of Eden’s Garden we will discover the healing wonders of the things that we grow in our very own backyards or have purchased from the supermarket on a weekly basis.
There are many persons who grow or purchase herbs from the supermarket week after week and are not aware of the healing wonders that these herbs contain.
In our quest to add robust flavor to our soups, salads, and dishes, there is also another aspect of herbs that we must highlight.
How can mint assist us in our overall health?
Health benefits of mint
- Chewing mint can assist with bad breath
- Acts as a blood cleanser
- Can help relieve stomach discomforts
- Boiling mint and inhaling its steam can clear nasal congestion
- Mint can relieve headaches
- Mint is a good antioxidant that can aid the body in its fight against the formation of cancerous cells
- The cooling effect of mint can help relieve minor burns and skin irritations
What vitamins and minerals does the mint herb contain?
Mint contains these vitamins: Thiamine, Vitamin A, Niacin, Zinc, Vitamin C, Iron, Potassium, Calcium, Magnesium, Manganese and Vitamin B.
So you can see that besides the flavor or the pleasant aroma that mint has, mint can also provide vitamins that your body needs and also aid in bringing relief and healing to your body.
This herb is Parsley. it is used not only in the many dishes that are prepared but also to garnish our plates.
The wonders of Parsley
1. Parsley has the ability to help in neutralizing cancer-causing agents
2. Help relieves gas
3. Aids in digestion
4. Helps to relieve arthritis
5. Can help boost your immune system
6. Helps bad breath
7. Can help with kidney problems
8. Can help with bladder problems
9. Can aid in vision
Vitamin and Mineral content of Parsley
Vitamins that parsley contains are Vitamin A, Vitamin B, Vitamin C, Potassium, Zinc, Calcium, Manganese, Magnesium, and Sodium
Oregano has its place in almost every kitchen. But how can we benefit and jump-start our health with this natural wonder of nature?
Healing facts about Oregano
1. Oregano can assist in combating cancer
2. Assists in better bowel movement
3. Have antioxidants that are good for the body
4. Can aid in the fight against fungus
5. Can aid in the fight against Bacteria
6. Can help patients with asthma
7. Can help clear up indigestion
8. Oregano helps skin look more beautiful
9. Help get rid of dandruff
10. Helps relieve menstrual cramps
Oregano contains Potassium, Vitamin B6, Vitamin A, Calcium, Vitamin C, Iron, Vitamin E, Fiber and Vitamin K.
4. Bay leaf
Here we have bay leaves that are used in rice, soup, steam foods and so forth. But besides giving such a strong flavor to our dishes, what healing wonders do these leaves contain?
Healing Wonders of bay leaves
1. Helps to fight against the cold
2. Helps with the health of our heart
3. Assists in curing chest infection brought on by the flu
4. Provides relief from coughing
5. Helps patients with diabetes
6. Acts as a cleansing agent
7. Can help fight cancer
8. Aids in the fight against diarrhea
9. Can help to prevent strokes
10. Can help in reducing fever
Vitamin and mineral content
Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Niacin, Vitamin B 12, Vitamin K, Riboflavin, Vitamin E, Thiamin, Calcium, Iron, Copper, Magnesium, Manganese, Zinc, and Sodium
Sage also has its place in our pantries, but what else can we learn about sage?
Health benefits of sage
1. Helps patients diagnosed with diabetes
2. Sage is high in antioxidants that can aid the body
3. Can help cure acne
4. Can aid in normal brain function
5. Helps in healing skin injuries
6. Brings relief to a sore throat
7. Helps reduce headaches
8. Helps reduce fever
9. Aids in curing bacterial infections
10. Helps clear up the digestive system
Vitamin and mineral content
Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Iron, Zinc, Copper, Calcium, Niacin, Sodium, Manganese, Magnesium, Potassium, Thiamine, Riboflavin, and Folates.
There you have it! So the next time you go into your garden or to the supermarket to add that extra zest and flavor to that special dish you are preparing, remember that besides bringing satisfaction to your taste glands, you will also be aiding your body in its defense against the many health issues that affect the human body.
Basil is a must in order to give that added flavor to the many dishes that we prepare. Basil can be used in soups, stews, steam foods and rice just to name a few. Other than the many flavors that this herb brings to our table, basil has healing properties that can aid the body in its overall health.
Healing facts about basil
1. Eating basil helps to clear the skin.
2. Basil helps to fight cancer.
3. Basil is rich in antioxidants.
4. Basil has anti-aging properties.
5. Studies have shown that basil aids in heart health.
6. Basil is known to relieve stress.
7. Basil helps to boost our immune system.
8. Studies have shown that basil helps to control blood pressure.
9. Basil aids in good eyesight.
10. Basil can relieve insect stings, just chew a few leaves and apply to the area where you were stung.
Vitamin content of Basil
Basil contains Vitamins which includes, Vitamin A, Vitamin b6, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K ,Phosphorus, Calcium, Iron, Potassium, Riboflavin, Manganese, Magnesium, Zinc, Thiamine, Niacin, sodium, Folate, protein and Dietary fiber.
So you can see that these herbs are loaded and pack a big punch. So make basil a part of your daily intake.
Chives is another herb that can excite our taste buds while bringing flavor to our foods. Chives can also be used in soups, stews, rice steam foods and salads just to name a few. Chives can also be used to heal illness such as
Health benefits of chives
1. Helps to prevent cancer.
2. Helps to boost the immune system.
3. Helps with digestion.
4. Helps the heart to become more healthy.
5. Helps with memory
6. Helps with bone health.
7. Helps to give better skin.
8. Helps to treat hair loss.
9. Has antioxidants
10. Helps wounds to heal faster.
Vitamin content of chives are
Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Potassium, Calcium, Zinc, Magnesium, Iron, Vitamin B6, Copper, Manganese, Riboflavin, Phosphorus, Thiamin, and Niacin
Let’s take advantage of this herb and boost our health.
Garlic is a great food enhancer that can wake up any dish. Be careful when using garlic because overuse of this herb can really overpower your dish, garlic can be used in soups, stews, steam foods, baking meats, rice and the list of other dishes seems to be endless. But how can garlic bring healing to our bodies?
Health benefits of garlic include
1. Garlic can reduce blood pressure.
2. Garlic purifies the blood.
3. Garlic improves cholesterol.
4. Garlic helps to detoxify heavy metal in the body.
5. Garlic clears acne.
6. Garlic helps to fight cancer.
7. Garlic helps to soothe a sore throat.
8. Garlic helps to give you a healthy heart.
9. Garlic has antibacterial benefits.
10. Garlic helps with weight loss.
Vitamin contents of garlic
Vitamin C, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B6, Copper, Calcium, Phosphorus, and Manganese,
So let’s make garlic a part of our daily intake.
I love thyme it is one of my favorite. Thyme can be used in stews, soups, steam foods, rice and many other dishes. Thyme has a really strong and delightful taste. Thyme aids our bodies in
Health benefits of thyme
1. Curing sore throat.
2. To treat diarrhea.
4. Thyme helps to lower blood pressure.
5. Thyme can be used to boost the immune system.
6. Helps to prevent coughs.
7. Thyme can be used to stop headaches.
8.Can aid in hair loss.
9. Thyme can reduce muscle pains.
10.Can also help with kidney problems.
Vitamin content of thyme includes
Vitamin C, Iron Vitamin B6, Potassium, Manganese, Calcium, Zinc, Riboflavin, Vitamin A and Copper
There are many benefits of thyme, so let’s take the time to make time by including thyme in our diet.
Rosemary is a herb that has a great taste I have used it in stews, soups, steam foods, and baking. This is also one of my favorite herbs that I love to use in the many dishes that I prepare.
The benefits of rosemary are
1. Immune booster
2. boost memory
3. Aids in digestion.
4. Breath freshener
5. Helps relieve headaches
6. Can help to reduce hair loss.
7. Is believed to reduce brain aging.
8. Rosemary reduces stress.
9. Increases blood flow.
10. Rosemary is rich in antioxidants.
Vitamins that rosemary contains
Vitamin A, Copper, Iron, Potassium, Magnesium, Calcium, Vitamin B6 and Manganese
Rosemary is not only a good choice for adding that bang to your dishes, but as you can see this herb is one of nature’s wonders that can aid the body in so many ways.