Garlic Natural Medicine
The world of garlic
Welcome to the wonderful world of garlic where we will be looking at garlic and its many uses.
Garlic in the kitchen
As a child growing up, there was a certain time of day when the smell of garlic would come from the kitchen and guess who it be? It would be my father, he loved to cook. One of the ingredients that he used was garlic. Garlic has such nice aroma and flavor, especially when used to season foods
I love the kitchen also and use garlic at times to add that BANG or WOW to my food. Garlic has a flavor that can wake up just about any dish. This herb can be added to soups, gravies, steam foods, broil foods and even a pinch can give your rice that added flavor.
Garlic is famous for its use for medical purposes, the added benefit of using garlic is that this herb is all natural so you don’t have to be concerned about side effects. I have used garlic over the years for health issues and have proven that these herbs really works.
An example of this is a sore throat, boil two or three cloves of garlic in 1-1 1/2 cup of water can actually bring relief or better yet chewing a clove and swallowing the juice can also soothe a sore throat. I believe that you would prefer boiling and drinking 2-3 tbsp a day. Because even though chewing garlic is better it is not fun.
chewing uncooked garlic really can burn, but the end result is that it will work wonders for you. I have use garlic also to help fight the common cold, boiling a few cloves in 1/2 – 1 cup of water and drinking. what other benefits are there with garlic?
A word of caution
It is believed that persons that are on medication to thin their blood should stay away from garlic because it can disrupt this process, so if you are using medication of this sort be sure and check with your doctor first.
Other benefits of garlic
1. Garlic is used as a blood purifier.
2. Lowers blood pressure.
3. Helps to prevent lung cancer, stomach cancer, breast cancer, colon cancer, prostate cancer.
4. Garlic helps to prevent heart disease.
5. Garlic can be used as a body detox.
6. Immune booster.
7. Aids in weight loss.
8. Garlic has been known to treat athlete’s feet.
9. Can help to bring cure from infections.
10. Helps to heal cold sores.
These are just a few of the benefits of the healing wonders of garlic, so now you see we cannot afford not to make this miracle herb a part of our diet.
History and fun facts about garlic
The use of garlic is said to be dated back to ancient Egypt and Greece, that is as far back as hundreds of years ago. The use of this herb is not new, but it only goes to show that garlic still carries its healing wonders.
1. In ancient Greece women that got married carried and arrangement of garlic and herbs instead of flowers.
2. Persons many years ago wore garlic around their necks because they believed that this would protect them from evil spirits.
3. Garlic is used to repel insects.
4. It is said that China is the largest producers of garlic.
5. Garlic is used to make glue.
6. Garlic is used to treat toothaches.
7. April 19th is known as national garlic day.
8. Garlic is one of the oldest cultivated crops.
9. Warts are treated with garlic.
10. There are over 3oo varieties of garlic worldwide.
11. Consuming too many garlic can cause you to have garlic breath.
13. Garlic is a member of the onion family.
14. Garlic is used to treat acne.
15. The taste of uncooked garlic has an intense burning, like pepper.
Garlic Vitamin Content
The Vitamin content of garlic includes
Vitamin C, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B6, calcium, iron, manganese, copper, selenium, phosphorus.
Garlic has an awesome history and the ways in which this herb is used is just so amazing. So why not make this herb a part of your diet and reap the benefits. You will be glad that you did.