Health Benefits Of Pear
A Superfood that is Super delicious
What I love about superfoods is not only the benefits and the vitamins they contain but the delicious flavors they have, we get the best of both worlds by making these foods a part of our diet.
And it is no exception when it comes to pears. As a child growing up this was one of my favorite fruits and it still is to this day. There is nothing like sinking your teeth into a nice juicy pear
that is full of all that goodness with all those vitamins, UMmmmm so delicious, just talking about it I can have one right now. What about you? do you have a love for pears like I do or is it just me?
The history of pear
The origin of pears has a rich history and can be traced back to Rome. Pears were cultivated by ancient Romans, it is said that these pears were grafted by the ancient Roman horticulturist that produced more than 40 species of pears.
There are also many countries like the Uk, China, Middle East, Europe, The United States, Asia Minor and so on that has a rich history that is beyond the scope of this article that involves growing pears.
Some Cultivars of pear
Some cultivar of pears includes Quince, Bartlett, Callery, Almond- leave pear, Willow-leave pear, Snow pear, European pear, Apricot- leave pear, Asian pear, Forelle pear, Anjou pear and the list goes on.
The world of pears is very exciting because there are just so many that have all that goodness and then some. The health benefits of pear are really awesome.
Health benefits of pear
Here are some amazing health benefits of pears
1. Pears are a good source of antioxidants that help the body to get rid of free radical.
2. Pears have a good amount of fiber that aids in bowel movement.
3. Promotes good digestion. The fiber in Pears acts as a bulking agent in the intestine that causes foods to pass easier.
4. Contributes to a healthier heart. Fibers that are found in pears help to reduce cholesterol that contributes to heart disease.
5. Pears are rich in Boron and Vitamin k that is needed for bone health.
6. Aids in weight loss. Pears though sweet are low in calories that will keep of those extra pounds.
7. Pears are an immune booster. Pears stimulates white blood cell production because of its Vitamin C content.
8. Aids in the prevention of cancer. Because of its good antioxidants content, a diet in pear can help to rid the body of toxins that can contribute to cancer.
9. Promotes hair and skin health. Pears has an abundance of Vitamin A that will keep your hair and skin radiant.
10. Pears are great for our blood level. Anti-carcinogen glutathione that helps to control blood pressure.
11. Pears help to promote mental health because of its copper content that contributes to the central nervous system.
12. Contributes to a quick recovery of our bodies because pears have the essential vitamins to repair tissues.
Health benefits of pear
Vitamin A, Vitamin B2, B3 and B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Boron, Copper, Fiber, Potassium, Calcium. Magnesium, Manganese, Folate, Riboflavin, Iron, Niacin, Thiamin, Zinc, Phosphorus, Pantothenic acid, Pyridoxine.
1. Pears is part of the rose family.
2. Pears ripen much better when they are of the tree.
3. Pears have recorded to have been around from 1000 BC.
4. There are over three thousand varieties of pears.
5. Europeans smoked pear leave before tobacco leaves were. discovered.
6. In ancient Greece, pears were used as medicine to cure an upset stomach.
7. In the United State, the Bartlett pare is the is the most popular.
8. Pears develop white or pink flowers.
9. Pears are also known as butter fruit.
10. Pears will produce fruits four years after planting.
So as you can see, there is no surprise as to why I am so excited about this superfood that has been around for such a long time doing a whole lot of good for those who choose to make these superfoods a part of their diet.
I Encourage you to take advantage of pears that are an added benefit when it comes to our health and well being.