Health benefits of plants
In this article, we will be looking at the plants and how they can benefit us. To some people, plants are just plants and nothing else, but if they were to really do research on plants they will be amazed by just how much we depend on plants both humans and animals.
In the animal kingdom, animals such as cows, chickens, sheep etc… depend on seeds and hay as foods that all come from plants.
When it comes to humans how do we benefit from plants and can we really live without them? I believe just as plants are important to animals they are valuable to us also.
Here are some plant facts that you may not have known
1. A study was done many years ago in a hospital with two patients. One patient was put in a room where there were no windows just the wall to look at while the other patient was also put in a room but the only difference was this patient’s room had a window that overlooked a beautiful garden.
The patient’s room that had the garden view recovered much faster than the patient who only had the wall to look at. It is so amazing the effects a garden of plants can have in on one’s mind.
2. Plants have been used widely from generations to produce medicine.
3. Having a few plants in your home can filter the air by pulling impurities out of the air, make the air more safe for us to breathe.
4. Plants convert carbon dioxide into oxygen for us to breathe.
5. Increase humidity.
6. Keeps air temperature down.
7. Vegetables, fruits, and herbs are plants and by consuming them they will keep us healthy
8. Studies have shown that plants have such an effect on the mind that it can relieve stress.
9. Plants can increase a person’s emotions. Example sending roses to that special someone or sending flowers just to say thank you.
10. Plants give a feeling of peace and tranquility.
Here are a few indoor plants that are widely used, I have worked with them over the years and found them to be excellent. Just follow this link, cleaning the air that you breathe.
Another benefit of plants
Other non-health benefits of plants include
1. Increase property value.
2. use to soften up or bring life to an area.
3. Use to screen off areas or act as a wall.
4. Plants can transform an area.
In some ways, all life form is depending on plants so let’s do our part and make full use of them promoting our health and well- being.