The Importance of Garden Plants
In this article, we will be looking at plants and how they can benefit us. To some people, plants are just plants and nothing else, but if they were to really do research on plants they will be amazed by just how much we depend on plants both humans and animals.
In the animal kingdom, animals such as cows, chickens, sheep, etc… depending on seeds and hay as foods that all come from plants.
When it comes to humans how do we benefit from plants and can we really live without them? I believe just as plants are important to animals they are valuable to us as well.
Here are some plant facts that you may not know.
1. A study was done many years ago in a hospital with two patients. One patient was put in a room where there were no windows just the wall to look at while the other patient was also put in a room but the only difference was this patient’s room had a window that overlooked a beautiful garden.
The patient’s room that had the garden view recovered much faster than the patient who only had the wall to look at. It is so amazing the mental effects garden plants can have on a person’s mind.
2. Plants have been used for generations to produce medicine.
3. Having a few plants in your home can filter the air by pulling impurities out of the air, making the air safer for us to breathe.
4. Plants convert carbon dioxide into oxygen for us to breathe.
5. Increase humidity.
6. Keeps air temperature down.
7. Vegetables, fruits, and herbs are plants, by consuming them they will keep us healthy
8. Studies have shown that plants have such a wonderful effect on the mind it can relieve stress.
9. Plants can increase a person’s emotions. Example sending roses to that special someone or sending flowers just to say thank you.
10. Plants give a feeling of peace and tranquillity.
Here are a few indoor plants that are widely used, I have worked with them over the years and found them to be excellent. Just follow this link, cleaning the air that you breathe.
Another benefit of plants
Other non-health benefits of plants include
1. Increase property value.
2. Use to soften up or bring life to an area.
3. Use to screen off areas or act as a wall.
4. Plants can transform an area.
The final word
In some ways, all life forms are depending on plants so let’s do our part and make full use of them to promote our health and well-being.