Health Benefits Of Raw Foods
Eating it raw
Yes, I want to say it again and that is eating it raw. Many people would rather have their veggies cooked but the truth of the matter is we get more nutrients out of veggies as they are eaten raw. Now I must agree that boiling broccoli with a bit of melted cheese is just great and it is good to mix it up sometimes but try and at least add more raw foods to your diet.
In this article, we will be looking at the other side of cooked veggies and see what advantages cook veggies have vs uncooked veggies.
We live in a world where we love everything cooked because many of us have been programmed or trained that way from a child growing up. I understand that there are some veggies that need to be cooked and that’s fine but even with these veggies some person would rather have them overcooked
again the least we can do is have these veggies partially cooked so they can have some crunch and maintain some of its vitamins.
Have you ever ate cooked veggies that just turned you off because once it hit your mouth it felt like you were eating tissue paper because of how soft and mushy it was? This happened to me a few times before and to be honest, it was not pleasant at all. Talk about a complete turn-off.
The disadvantage of cooked veggies
Here are some facts that may help you stay away from overcooking veggies.
1. Nutrient loss- this is the danger of cooking or overcooking veggies either most or all of the nutrients are loose. So what is happening here is you are defeating the purpose of consuming veggies, the purpose is to get all of the vitamins you can, which are bodies requires for proper function.
2. Destroying vital properties- overcooking veggies can also destroy valuable properties that aid the body’s defense against many illnesses.
3. Mushy- that’s correct, the taste of mushy veggies are such a turn- off, mushy veggies taste like wet tissue.
4. Presentation-Its all about presentation. The sight of mushy veggies can be a real turn off.
Advantages of eating veggies raw
1. You get all of those needed vitamins.
2. You get all of the healing properties that are in these veggies which can help to fight cancer, promote heart health, improves the immune system, improves eyes and ear function just to name a few.
3. You get to enjoy your meal because of appearance.
4. You will not be turn-off by the mushy taste because of the veggies maintaining their crunch and firmness.
5. It can help to increase your energy.
6. It is more easy to prepare.
If you don’t like eating your veggies raw and have to cook them then make sure your veggies have some crunch or firmness to them, that way it will still retain some of its vitamins and healing properties which your body needs to function at its best.
Grilled, light boiled or steam is good, try to stay away from frying them or at least fry them in moderation.
The final word
Raw foods such as uncooked veggies may not be a favorite but by cultivating this practice you will be giving your body the nutrients it needs which makes a more healthy and happier you.