Health Benefits Of Rice
Your diet and rice
There are many cultures that have white rice as a big part of their diet. You can find persons eating white rice every day sometimes twice or three times a day. It is no different where I live here on the island. Many have a diet that is high in white rice and because of this, it has caused many health issues.
While eating white rice may have a filling effect along with its pleasing taste we should be careful of the amount of white rice we consume in a day or in a week. I have heard a few times from some of the natives that they don’t feel full unless they eat white rice this is why many are facing issues and must seek medical help.
While a diet of rice may not be a bad thing what we should consider is the kind of rice we include in our diet.
Types of rice
The good news, however, is that there is some rice that is beneficial and can actually promote our health. White rice is also known as barefoot rice because it is bleached and has no nutritional value, therefore, we should stay away from this rice or eat in moderation.
Countries that have the highest rice diet
Among some of the countries that have a diet high in rice includes China, Nigeria, Thailand, India, Japan, Indonesia, Brazil, Egypt, Philippines, and Brazil, just to name a few. In this article, however, we will be looking at Three of the healthiest rice that can be of great benefit to our bodies.
Health benefits of rice
Brown rice-First out the gate is brown rice, brown rice makes a good choice because of its nutritional value. For many, the taste of brown rice for the first time gets getting used to. The amazing thing about brown rice is, brown rice is whole grain rice. Here are some other better benefits of brown rice.
1. Studies have shown that brown rice is rich in antioxidants.
2. A diet of brown rice helps to reduce cholesterol.
3. Is loaded with fibre thereby allowing you to have a good bowel movement.
4. Helps to promote good digestion.
5. Brown rice can help to prevent gallstones.
6. Improves heart health.
7. Helps to control blood sugar level.
8. Can help to prevent diabetes.
9. Helps to promote healthy skin.
10. Helps with healthy-looking hair.
The list can go on, so as you can see the benefits of brown rice is so great. What I want to turn our attention to is the nutritional value of brown rice.
Nutritional value of brown rice
Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin, Vitamin B6, B12, Iron, Calcium, Manganese, Fiber, Phosphours, mangesium, Niacin, selenium and thiamin.
Wild rice-Wild rice is another favourite that is loaded with vitamins and the other benefits are just so amazing. A diet of while can go a long way in promoting good health.
The benefits of wild rice include 1. wild rice aids in weight loss.
2. Is known as an immune booster.
3. Helps to maintain bone and mineral density.
4. Promotes a healthy heart.
5. Helps to lower cholesterol.
6. Can boost energy level.
7. Its fibre content helps with a good bowel movement.
8. May help to prevent birth defects.
9. Promotes good digestion.
1o. Is free of gluten.
What a wonder this rice is such a favourite.
Nutritional value of wild rice includes
Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin B-6 Vitamin E, Zinc, Fiber, Potassium, Folate, Thiamine and Riboflavin
Black rice-Yes as strange as it may sound and look black rice can really deliver a punch as it aids the body in so many ways so if you have not tried this rice before I encourage you to give it a try. The benefits of black rice include.
1. Helps with a good bowel movement.
2. Aids in weight loss
3. Can help to detoxify the liver.
4. Black rice is an immune booster.
5. Helps to prevent diabetes.
6. Promotes healthy skin.
7. Black rice is good for your heart.
8. Can keep cholesterol at a normal level.
9. Aids in good digestion.
10. Helps to promote brain health.
Nutritional value of black
Nutritional value of black rice includes Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B9, Vitamin E, Iron,Phosphorus, Fiber, Calcium, Zinc, Riboflavin, Manganese, Thiamine and folic acid.
The final Word
The world of rice is just amazing with all of its benefits, so let’s give these rice a try even if that means breaking the tradition of eating unhealthy and getting on the road to good health. Trust me you will be glad that you did.