Boost Your Health with Tamarind
I have so many fond memories of my childhood days of hanging out with friends in the neighborhood playing games, going swimming, bike riding, playing ball, etc…
But it is so amazing how the years have passed and even though I can’t turn back the hands of time I will always have those childhood memories to cherish as long as I live.
One of my fondest childhood memories, however, was having summer breaks, no school which meant staying up late at night and sleeping a little longer. But what made summer break really great was going for tamarind with my friends.
In my neighborhood, there were several of these trees and yes you guess right we would be around those tamarind trees trying to collect as much tamarind as possible, stuffing our pockets, filling paper bags and for those who didn’t have pockets or paper bags would carry as much as their little hands would allow.
One of the things we loved doing was making tamarind source, tamarind source is a delicious healthy snack that has passed down from generation here on the island where I live. I am from the sunny tropical island of the Bahamas but I live in the capital which is Nassau and you guess right again nothing but beautiful beaches, white sand, crystal clear waters, and beautiful blue skies. This is a real island paradise.
Now back to my story on tamarind.
Health Benefits Of Tamarind
Give this a try trust me you will love it.
Tamarind source recipe
1. 1-2 cups of tamarind.
2. 2-4 tablespoons of brown sugar.
3. 2-3 cups of water.
4. A small pot.
- Remove the tamarind from the shell and place it in the pot, add water and place the pot on the stove
- Turn heat on, bringing to a boil gradually stirring
- Next turn heat to medium gradually stirring
- Let simmer until the source thickens
- Turn off heat allow to cool and then add brown sugar. This makes a deliciously healthy snack and is so mouthwatering. Some persons prefer to eat their tamarind source cold but I love to eat this healthy snack warm
Vitamin content of tamarind
Vitamin A, Vitamin B, Vitamin C Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Iron, Copper, Calcium, Phosphorus, Niacin, Thiamin, Magnesium, Flavonoids, Carotene, Zinc
Health Benefits Of Tamarind
There are many health benefits of tamarinds. Here are just a few reasons why you should add tamarind to your diet.
1. Boost immunity.
2. Promotes heart health.
3. Aids in weight loss.
4. Improves digestion.
5. Promotes healthy hair and skin.
6. It improves nerve functions.
7. It is believed to act as a blood purifier.
8. Fights cancers.
9. Controls cholesterol level.
10. It helps manage diabetes.
11. It is believed to cure mouth ulcers.
12. Contributes to proper blood circulation.
The list of benefits seems to be endless with the health benefits of making tamarind a part of your diet.
The final word
I love, tamarind not only because of the taste but because of how beneficial this fruit can be so why not give it a try? I know you will love it as you take your health to the next level with this wonder of nature that’s packed with so much goodness.