Healthy Junk Foods
What better way to enjoy our favourite sports show whether it’s baseball, football, basketball or even our favourite tv show than to have some of those snacks that we take such a delight in. It is good to sit back and relax in this way forgetting those bills and easing our minds.
Opening that bag of popcorn, cheese doodle or that favourite snack to enjoy. While it is good to take time out and enjoy ourselves in this way, we ought to be careful of those junk foods that we consume because in time our scale will be telling us something (overweight) that we don’t want to hear.
It is so amazing how a little fun and a little entertainment can cause such a big problem. And then there are those who are considered junkies, they eat junk foods on a daily basis. While these foods may give us that great satisfaction we are endangering our health and will feel and see the effects if we continue in this way.
Enjoying junk foods
Who said that we cannot enjoy junk foods and be healthy at the same time? Wait, hold on before you shut me off, let me explain. In fact, it is possible to eat junk foods that are healthy. You mean healthy junk foods, is that possible?
Yes, it is possible to be a junkie and eat healthy at the same time. Well, how is this possible tell me, please? Ok, here we go.
Definition of junk foods
I have heard these words (junk foods) just about all my life and I am sure that you have also, probably even used these words yourself. A definition of junk food is foods with little nutritional value that have been packaged or pre-prepared for our consumption. So then, why not do the opposite and choose foods that do not take that long to prepare which has great nutritional value?
Healthy junk foods
Here are some examples of healthy junk foods, eating this way will keep you happy and healthy.
1. Popcorn is one of my favourites, but instead of popping popcorn in unhealthy oils, why not use olive oil, canola oil or sunflower oil.
2. French fries can also be fried using these healthy (olive, canola or sunflower) oils.
3. Purchase varies healthy seeds along with raisins, mix in a bowl and you are good to go.
4. Assorted nuts mix with raisins is a good choice.
5. Eat oatmeal cookies.
6. What about a chocolate bar with fruit filling?
7. Why not go for a vegetable pizza?
8. Try a fruit salad that is easy to make, all you need is your fruits diced and mixed in a bowl along with 4 tablespoons of orange juice, stir and allow to chill for about 2o minutes to half an hour and you are good to go.
9. When shopping at the supermarket why not look for healthier snacks?
10. Try vegan ice cream that is really healthy.
You can have so much fun by creating healthy snacks while enjoying all of the benefits they offer.
The final word
There are so much more that can be added to this list. Who says that junk foods are unhealthy? we can enjoy ourselves eating healthy junk foods, all it takes is proper planning and a little creativity on our part. So let’s start eating junk foods the healthy way.