Herbs That Fight Cancer
Winning the war on cancer
Cancer is a disease that has caused so many deaths. In fact, it is estimated that this disease causes the death of more than 7 million people worldwide each year which is a lot of lives that are lost.
Cancer victims can be from the young to the middle age and even the elderly so this disease has touch persons from all walks of life and age. Research is ongoing to win the war on cancer.
The good news, however, is there are treatments that have proven to give good results. But what other methods are there that can be implemented to help win the war on cancer?
Winning the war on cancer
There is much that can be done to combat this disease. Here are some don’ts that can aid in cancer prevention.
- Smoking-It is a known fact that smoking does influence cancer.
- Poor diet-Our diet plays an important part in our health. Poor diet has contributed to cancer. Foods such as process foods, a diet high in white flour, drinks and foods that are loaded with sugar, fried foods, etc…
- Obesity-Overweight is another cause of cancer, therefore it is important to have an exercise program to keep your weight under control.
- Sun exposure-While it is true that Vitamin D is provided by the sun it is also true that too much exposure to sun ray’s can cause skin cancer.
- Environmental factors-Air population has done so much damage over the years also leading to cancer
- Chemicals-Continually inhaling chemicals increase one’s chance of getting cancer.
This are just a few of the many factors that contribute to cancer.
Herbs that fight cancer
The healing wonders of generation pass
History is filled with rich experiences of our ancestors and what they did to maintain their health, it amazes me when I think of how they discovered the healing wonders of herbs.
Herbs were not only used for flavoring foods but for medical purposes that brought good results, even to this day these herbs are still used medically to bring cures from many deadly diseases.
I have had the privilege to learn from the older generation about using some of these herbs that are referred to as bush medicine. I must agree that the older generation was not exposed to what we are exposed to but the good news is even though we may be exposed to more cancerous agents, herbs can help in the fight against cancer.
Here are some super herbs that work wonders.
1. Garlic-I love cooking with garlic because of the awesome flavors, but do you know that garlic is used medically for healing infections, as a blood purifier, improves heart health, combat the colds and flu, improves cholesterol levels, reduce blood pressure and so on but this super herb also aid in the fight against cancer.
A study has shown that garlic cloves are loaded with a variety of phytochemicals a compound known as allicin is a property that is found in garlic that fights cancer.
2. Oregano is a herb that is highly prized by the Italian. This herb is really amazing can flavor foods giving that wow. But why I also love oregano is for its ability to bring natural healing such as relieving menstrual cramps, headache, earache, sore throat, muscle pains and so on.
Studies have shown that oregano contains compounds that can help to prevent cancers, by adding this herb to your foods will not only spice it up but will help the body defense against illness.
3. Parsley- I first got introduce to this herb back in the early ’90s where I worked, I watched as the chiefs and cooks prepared many delicious dishes and used this herb as a garnish to decorate their plates.
Back then I did not know that parsley had all of these great things going on. I thought it only served for beauty until a few years ago when I discovered those other benefits that make this herb so super.
Parsley can be used to protect your blood vessels, fights inflammation, helps to promote bone health, parsley has been known to fight against urinary infection, can boost immunity.
But what I also love about parsley is that it is a good source of carotenoids that aids the body in its defense against cancer.
4. Onions-Onions are one of my favorites that can really flavor your f0ods. I love using onions in salads also when I am cooking peas and rice. But besides its awesome flavor onions is know for its many healing benefits.
Some of these benefits include regulating our blood pressure, helping to boost the immune system, improves heart health, onions are a good source of vitamin c which is important for building and managing collagens to promote hair and skin health.
Onions are a rich source of polyphenols that help to fight cancer so if you haven’t as, yet make this super herb a part of your diet, I encourage you to start and take advantage of these benefits.
5. Turmeric-Turmeric also has compounds that can help in the fight against cancer. This herb also helps to improve brain functions, is a good source of antioxidants, boost brain power, improves skin condition, aids with menstrual issues, liver problems, joint pain and so on.
A study has shown that turmeric contains diferuloyl methane that has anticancer effects on cancer cells.
6. Cayenne Pepper- For those of you who love adding a bit of spice to your favorite dishes this pepper has proven to get the job done. I have used cayenne pepper on many occasions and to be honest this herb can wake up your foods to give it that sizzling flavor.
But besides its sizzle cayenne pepper have many benefits that include clearing congestion, aids with digestion, anti-irritant properties, help to fight migraine headaches, is believed to lower blood pressure, help to boost immunity, is said to control blood pressure, help to stimulate sexual performance by increasing blood flow.
A study has reported that the compound that is found in cayenne pepper is known as capsaicin which helps to fight cancer.
7. Black pepper-When I found out about this one I was pretty surprised because I have used this herb for many years but never knew of its healing benefits that aid the body in so many ways besides what role it plays in the fight against cancer.
Black pepper aids in weight lose, helps to fight infections, aids with digestion, promotes a healthy heart, relieves coughs and colds, etc.. When it comes to fighting cancers, black pepper contains antioxidants, carotenes, and flavonoids that remove free-radicals helping to protect the body against this disease.
The final word
Cancer is a deadly disease that has taken so many lives. While it is true that in some cases it is inherited there is much that can be done to win the war on cancer. Proper diet plays an important part.
It is so amazing to see that avoiding certain foods and eating certain drinks can help in the fight against cancer. Eliminating bad habits such a smoking and drinking alcohol can also go a long way in keeping our bodies healthy and strong.
Remember our health is one of our greatest investment so let’s do all that we can to maintain good health.