How To Use Aspirin In The Garden
Keeping your plants healthy with aspirins
Plants are like humans which is pretty amazing. In this article, we will be discussing a very exciting and interesting topic that I believe you will find interesting and that is using aspirins to keep your garden plants healthy and vibrant.
Who would have ever thought we would be using aspirin to promote our garden plant’s health, when I first heard of this I was blown away and am sure that if this is your first time hearing about this topic you may be surprised also.
The use of aspirins has become so popular that many weekend warriors (Gardeners) are taking full advantage of this method which has proven to give good results in the garden.
The science of aspirins
What is the scientific evidence behind this bold claim? I am so happy that you asked. The important component that is found in aspirins is called salicylic acid. This active ingredient eliminates pain and swelling in humans but when given to garden plants it helps by promoting or boosting the plant’s immune system.
When the plant’s immune system gets boosts its protected from insect and microbial attack.
How To Use Aspirin In The Garden
I know you are excited to try this method in your garden but first a word of caution. Using aspirins in the wrong way or too many of them can cause your garden plants to develop brown spots that appear as plant burn.
How do I apply aspirins to my garden area
The right methods involve crushing a tablet until it turns to powder and adding this tablet to a litre of water, So for every litre of water, there should be one crushed tablet.
This solution should be added to a spray bottle and as the solution is released it should come out fine and misty. Make sure and get total coverage of the plant’s leaves. Heavy drops are ineffective and will not do.
The early morning hours are the best time to spray because this will give your plant’s leaves time to dry before evening sets in. Spraying during the early morning hours will also help to protect beneficial insects and other garden pollinators from coming into contact with this solution.
The effective of aspirins on garden plants
How will aspirins help my garden plants?
1. As was mention earlier aspirins will boost the plant’s immune system which will protect your garden plants from insect and microbial attack.
2. A study was done many years ago and it was discovered that spraying a solution of water and aspirins on your tomatoes and other garden vegetables will increase their quality.
3. Want a better yield of basil and other garden herbs then a mixture of this solution will work wonders.
4. Using aspirins as a rooting hormone works great. The part of the cutting that is to plant in the soil should be coated with this solution. Let it sit for a while and then plant.
5. Adding an aspirin dissolve in water to a vase of water will allow flower cuttings to remain fresh longer.
6. I read a story of someone that sprayed aspirins on their plant’s seed that helped in healthy germination of their seeds.
Tips for healthy plants
Besides, the use of aspirins here are other tips to keep your garden plants healthy and happy.
1. For healthy plants ensure that you are giving your garden plants a sufficient amount of water because it is so important to a plants development.
2. Applying fertilizers in the right amount is an added bonus to your plant’s health. Organics such as cow and chicken manure will work wonders.
3. Using insecticidal soaps, organic sprays and natural predators will keep insect pests population low giving you a good harvest.
4. The use of mulch is also great in weed control, conserving water, keeping the soil temperature cool and adding nutrients to the soil
5. Organics can also help in adjusting the soils ph.
6. Have a monthly to do checklist so that you can make sure your plants are growing healthy and there are no unseen issues that may be a problem if not detected early.
7. Use the right pruning methods and always sterilize your pruner when using either on healthy or infected plants.
8. The use of compost or organic soils will help to build your soil and give you a better harvest.
The tips that I mention can be found in the category section of my website just take a few minutes and browse for what you need in order to have a successful garden.
The final word
What I love about using aspirins is they are inexpensive. What a big difference a low price makes in purchasing and applying aspirins to your garden plants. I know this may or may not be new to you but if you have not as yet tried aspirins in your garden then I encourage y0u to give it a try and get the full benefits. Aspirins another wonder in your garden.