Kidney Health Natural Remedies
Our body consists of many organs, each organ has a special part to play in the overall function of the body. But in order for our organs to function at its best, we must do our part to ensure that our organs are getting the best care ever.
Proper diet plays a big role in the care and health of our organs. In this article, however, we will be looking at the importance, function of the kidneys along with natural remedies that we can use to keep our kidneys functioning at their best.
What is the kidney?
Our kidneys are organs that are shaped like beans, We have two of them on either side of our spine and can be found below the rib cage.
The role of the kidney is to remove waste from the body, the kidney is also responsible for filtering the blood and also removing extra water that is eliminated through the bladder.
Poor diet can lead to kidney disease, when kidneys are diseased they lose their ability to function properly which means the body can not eliminate toxin, when this happens the body undergoes more stress putting our health at serious risk. High blood pressure, overweight and diabetes can also encourage kidney disease.
The number of diseases that can affect the body because of poor kidney care which goes back to poor diet is beyond the scoop of this article, therefore it is very, very, very, important that we do all that we can to maintain healthy kidneys.
Signs of kidney disease
These are some signs to watch out for
1. Pain or pressure in your chest.
2. Swelling of the ankles.
3. Swelling of the legs.
4. Always feeling tired.
5. Swelling of the feet.
6. Itchy dry skin.
8. Blood in your urine.
9. Always feeling cold.
10. Your urine is foamy.
11. Swelling of the hands.
12. Feeling dizzy.
Foods to avoid
Here are some foods that should be avoided
1. Keep our intake of salt low.
2. Stay away from salted crackers.
3. Cut out process meats altogether or eat it in moderation.
8. Red meats.
9. Canned soups.
These are just some of the foods to avoid or at the very least eat in moderation.
Foods that promote healthy kidneys
1. Apples are a good choice.
2. Cranberry juice is also good.
3. Strawberries can work wonders.
4. Red grapes are excellent.
5. A diet of fish can keep your kidney healthy and strong.
7. Including bell pepper in your diet is a must, try to eat them in salads.
8. Include poultry without the skin. Organic chicken is a better choice if you can afford it.
9. A diet in nuts is good.
10. Cabbage is also an excellent choice.
These are just a few of the foods that can promote healthy kidney.
Kidney health natural remedies
Here are some natural remedies that can keep your kidneys healthy
1. Beet juice.
2. Cranberry juice.
3. Water, be sure and get at least 6-8 glasses per day.
4. Coconut water also may offer some help.
5. Drinking watermelon juice.
6. Gravel root.
7. Celery root.
8. Marshmallow root.
9. Dandelion root.
10. Ginger is also a great choice
11. Stop smoking.
12. Alcohol is a NO, NO.
13. Make sure and keep your weight under control.
Our kidney health is so important, therefore we should do all that we can to keep our kidneys healthy. Exercise, the right diet and making these natural remedies a part of our diet can go a long way in our overall health.