Raising Healthy Kids by Giving Them what the Need Most
One of our mean concerns as parents is ensuring that our children get the vitamins they need in order to stay healthy and to function at their best. Many children are consuming lots of candies, junk foods and soft drinks which is only doing more harm than good
and even though treating them sometimes with these foods may be good, it is also good that we do this in moderation. Many parents are visiting the doctor’s office for one reason which is bad dieting.
Most kids love sweets and the more we give sweets to them the more they will consume them, can you imagine handing your child a candy bar or some other sweet treat and for every time you get the response no thanks, I would rather eat a carrot stick or have a fresh garden salad
what would you think or say? I know, with eyes and mouth open wide you would be speechless, wondering what kind of child is this. I can’t imagine that either.
Leading by example
So then it is our responsibility to lead by example, this way it makes the job a lot easier when seeking to get our kids to load up on fruits and vegetables.
Educate your kids
I believe what can spark interest in our kids is educating them on the importance of fruits and vegetables and talking with such excitement or even making a game out of it. The goal is the end results and that is to get your child hooked on fruits and vegetables.
Importance of fruits and vegetables
It is important that we include fruits and vegetables as a part of our children’s diet because of the nutrients they contain and what they can do for their bodies.
Fruits and vegetables are not only filled with vitamins but they can also combat many illnesses.
Nothing like natural healing without side effects. To learn more about the amazing wonders of fruits and vegetables you can check out the section of this website, gardening for health.
Here are some Fruits and vegetables that contain an abundance of vitamins that will keep your child active and healthy.
Vitamins and their benefits
These fruits and vegetables can work wonders for your kids.
1. Vitamin A- good for bone and tissue repair, promotes healthy skin and good eyesight, also helps normal growth in children. Fruits and Vegetables that contain Vitamin A include: Mango, watermelons, cantaloupes, guavas, carrots, pumpkin, leeks, squash, sweet potatoes, spinach, broccoli, peas, brussels sprout
2. Vitamin B1- Promotes heart, muscle, and nervous system health. It also helps to convert carbohydrates into energy. The fruits and vegetables that contain Vitamin B1 include Mango, pineapple, watermelon, orange, grapes, grapefruit, guava, dates, sweet potatoes, corn peas, lima beans, asparagus, okra, brussels sprouts, parsnips.
3. Vitamin B2- Aids in Circulatory and nervous system health, also helps to produce energy. Fruits and vegetables that contain Vitamin B2 include Mango, bananas, passion fruits, grapes, mulberries, lychee, dates, sweet potatoes, peas pumpkins, mushrooms, artichoke, lima beans, brussels sprouts, french beans, squash.
4. Vitamin B3- helps to convert food energy, helps to promote the proper function of the digestive system, also promotes nerve health and healthy skin. Fruits and vegetables that contain Vitamin B3 include Peach, dates, guava, mango, passion fruit, lychee, nectarine, pumpkin, corn, peas, sweet potatoes, mushroom, okra, artichoke, parsnip, squash.
5.Vitamin B5- Aids in good cholesterol, food digestion and formation of hormones. Fruits and vegetables that include VitaminB5 are Watermelon, grapefruit, gooseberries, dates star-fruits, raspberries, guava, pomegranate, brussels sprouts, okra, sweet potatoes, pumpkins, parsnip, corn, broccoli, mushrooms, squash, french beans.
6. Vitamin B6- helps in the formation of red blood cells, helps with the nervous and immune system. Fruits and vegetables that contain these Vitamins include Pineapples, bananas, mango, date, passion fruits, watermelons, grapes, gooseberries, pomegranate, guava, corn, sweet potatoes, okra, lime beans, sweet or bell peppers, brussels sprouts, squash, broccoli, french beans, nuts, soybeans.
7. Vitamin B9- helps to promote cell growth, proper brain function aids also, in red blood cell formation. Fruits and vegetables that includes Vitamin B9 is- Raspberries, pineapples, passion fruits, dates, strawberries, blackberries, papayas, oranges, guavas, mango, lychee, squash, peas okras, asparagus, potatoes, parsnips, spinach, cabbages, artichoke, broccoli, lima beans, brussels sprout, french beans, beets.
8. Vitamin C- is filled with antioxidants and protects the body from free radicals which can cause damage to cells. Fruits and vegetables that contain Vitamin C include Kiwi, mango, strawberries, passion fruits, grapefruits, papayas, orange, mango, lychee, guavas, strawberries, black currants, pineapples, green pepper, broccoli, squash, brussels sprouts.
9. Vitamin E- helps in the formation of red blood cells. Fruits and Vegetables that contain Vitamin E include Peach, blackberries, mangos, raspberries, black currants, mulberries, cranberries, nectarines, pomegranate, kiwi, pumpkins, squash, parsnips. potatoes.
10. Vitamin K- helps to regulate blood calcium levels. Fruits and Vegetables that contain Vitamin K include mango, blackberries, plum, cranberries, grapes, blueberries, mulberries, kiwi, pomegranate, pears, celery, broccoli, okras, cucumbers, asparagus, squash, cabbage, peas, carrots, spinach, alfalfa, leeks.
The final word
Fruits and vegetables are filled with so many vitamins, therefore it is a must that we make them a part of our children’s diet. When our children are healthy they will perform at their best. There is nothing like a healthy body and mind. So let’s do our part and give our children what they need.
About the author
Norman loves being in the garden, both at home and for his job....
he is 'Natures Little helper' being outdoors, growing his vegetables and flowers from an early age.
Now having spent over 22 years in the profession he want to give some of his knowledge to others...
his vast array of hints and tips you will find scattered over this site will help you no end growing plants in your garden.