Kiwi Fruit Health Benefits
Health benefits and fun facts about the kiwi fruit
Kiwi is a favorite of mine and despite the size of this tiny fruit, kiwi is loaded with vitamins and has many health benefits. Kiwifruit is a native of China, this fruit was introduced to New Zealand, after many years, made its way to the USA.
The name of the kiwi fruit before it changes was called the Chinese gooseberry. But how can a diet in kiwi fruit benefit us to live a more healthy lifestyle?
Kiwi fruit contains an abundance of vitamins which includes
Vitamin A, the High source of Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Vitamin K, Copper, Potassium, Iron, and Magnesium.
Here are some health benefits of the kiwi fruit
1. Helps to promote good digestion.
2. Helps to fight cancer.
3. Aids in heart health.
4. Has antioxidants that fight free radical.
5. Helps to manage blood pressure.
6. Aids in boosting the immune system.
7. Is good for diabetics.
8. Promotes eye health.
9. Aids in weight loss.
1o. Supports bone health.
11. Is good for asthmatic patients.
12. Is said to help reduce stress.
Fun facts about the Kiwi Fruit
1. Kiwifruit is named after the kiwi bird, the national bird of New Zealand.
2. Kiwi fruits the first name was the Chinese gooseberry.
3. Kiwi fruits are said to be berries.
4. Kiwi has brown fuzzy skin.
5. kiwi contains 2 times Vitamin C than orange.
6. Over 1 million Kiwi fruit is produced each year.
7. Kiwi is a native of China.
Kiwi does not only have a unique history but the fruit itself is very beneficial and can help us in so many ways. So the next time you go to the supermarket remember, to pick up some of these fruits and enjoy all the benefits they have to offer.