The zesty lemon flavor benefits and fun facts
In my last article, we looked at how to plant a lemon tree which you can check out by following this link. But what we will be looking at are some cool facts about lemons.
Vitamin Content of the lemon
The Vitamin content of lemons is as followed
Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C, vitamin D, Vitamin K, Copper. Iron, Folate, Zinc, Folate, Niacin, Calcium, Potassium, Magnesium, Protein, Phosphorus, Riboflavin, Thiamin and Pantothenic acid.
Health benefits of lemons
1. It helps to fight the common cold.
2. It helps to relieve a sore throat.
3. Promotes healthy hair.
4. It lowers blood pressure.
5. Aids with indigestion.
6. Promotes healthy skin.
7. Treats throat infection.
8. Cleanses your bowels.
9. It can destroy intestinal worms.
10. Detoxifies the body
There is more, that can be said because the benefits seem to be endless. Here are some fun facts about lemon.
Lemon fun facts
1. Lemons can whiten your teeth.
2. Lemons can heal acne.
3. Lemons are known to be a body cleanser.
4. Lemons are used in removing blackheads.
5. In 1493 history records that Christopher Columbus carried lemon seeds to America.
6. Mexico, Brazil, India, China, and Argentina produce the most lemons worldwide.
7. The word lemon is believed to have derived from an Asian word for its sour taste.
8. In 2003 the heaviest lemon was recorded to have weighed 11 pounds, 9.7 ounces.
9. The lemon shark gets its name because of its yellow skin.
10. There are 50 Varieties of lemons.
11. A lemon tree can produce as many as 3,000 lemons per year.
12. Lemons are high in Vitamin C.
The final word
Lemons are a good source of vitamins and the benefits are so awesome, so why not include them in your diet and other ways that have proven to be so beneficial.