Making Organic Soil Mix
Making Organic Soil Mix
I am sure that at some point or time we have daydreamed of having that dream garden, or have you ever taken a trip in the great outback or even a nature walk?
as you walked along that nature trail you notice those beautiful plants in their full luster with those array of flowers in full bloom you feel free and beamed with joy, just to take in all the beautiful scenery that nature has to offer.
The key to all that beauty
One of the keys to all of that beauty is the soil, without it plant life would be impossible. It is important that we understand soils and how it plays an important part in a plant’s overall health and development.
I have included these two links that you can follow to get a better understanding of Soils and its function.
In this article, however, we will be looking at making organic soil mix that is ideal for your garden and landscape plants.
What are organic soil and its benefits?
Simply put, organic soils are soils that contain organic materials only, no chemicals that are harmful. The benefit of this soil is growing crops that are free of chemicals and that is safe to consume.
We will be looking at steps to take to build your own organic soil so that you can enjoy your crops come harvest time.
Building your organic soil
1. Soil can be purchased by the yard, before purchasing soil do some investigation. Find out if the soil is free of harmful chemicals and pesticides.
2. Your soil should be easy to work with so what happens next is to remove debris such as large rocks, sticks and other objects.
3. Add about a quarter yard of salt-free sand this will help to make the soil porous or help to give it proper drainage.
4. Add organic material, example chicken or cow manure that is dried or if you prefer you can purchase other organic material. 20-30% will do.
5. Adding compost is also another great option to add your organic soil mix.
6. Continue to build your organic soil by adding organic material such as wood chips, leaves grass clippings to your soil 3 times per year.
Organic soils can keep your plants happy and healthy whether it’s a flower, herbs, fruits or vegetable garden, this is the ideal soil for a better quality crop.
Organic soil is the ideal soil, you don’t have to settle for less when you can get the best, just by following these few simple directions. The nutrient content that organic soil contains is great and will keep your plants growing at their best.
So just a little effort on your part and you will be on the right path to reaping a good harvest, not once, not twice but for years to come.