Natural Liver Detox
Cleaning our liver the natural way
We live in a world where we are exposed to so many chemicals that can be detrimental to our health, It is no surprise that millions of people every year seek medical help because of the number of toxins their bodies are exposed to.
what is even more alarming is many of the products that we use in our homes also contains chemicals that are hazardous to our health. Certain household products, furniture, paper, pains and so on can have a negative effect on our health.
The good news, however, is that there are ways of keeping our liver healthy and functioning at its best.
Our liver is a large organ that can be found on the right side of our stomach.This organ is brown- reddish and weights about 3 pounds.
There is the left lobe and the right lobe, the main function of the liver is to filter the blood, helps to absorb and digest foods, metabolizes drugs, detoxifies chemicals. The liver also breaks down fats in the small intestine during digestion and produces bile that carries away waste.
While the function of the liver is beyond the scope of this article it is good to know the importance of some of these basics so we can see how important liver function is when it comes to our health.
Doing a natural liver detox is a good way to give our liver a spring cleaning ensuing its over-all health.
Natural liver detox
What I love about nature is that all that we need to live a healthy life can be found in all of the natural good stuff that nature has to offer. I often have said in a few of my articles that nature is our pharmacy that gives us all that goodness without any side effects.
Foods to include in our diet to promote a healthy liver
Here are some foods that have been found to keep our liver healthy at all times. Some of these foods can be eaten raw or semi-cooked.
Never cook these foods to the point where they get mushy and soft. This will be defeating the purpose because overcooking these foods will destroy those natural properties that are so beneficial.
Fruits that detoxes the liver
1. Grapefruits– are a good source of Vitamin C. This superfood is also loaded with antioxidants that will cleanse our liver.
2. Apples– are one of my favorites. Apples have a great amount of pectin which allows chemicals to be released from the digestive tract making it easier for the liver to be cleansed.
3. Limes and Lemons– are high in Vitamin C. Drinking freshly squeezed lemon juice in the morning along with a glass of water can give your liver a jump start in the detoxing process.
4. Avocados– are another one of my favorites besides its great taste and its many uses, avocados truly deserve to be on the list of superfoods.
This superfood cleanses the body by producing glutathione that helps to detoxify the liver.
5. Strawberries– as we know is the symbol of love but besides this strawberries contain compounds that can help in keeping our liver healthy and clean.
Vegetables that detoxes the liver
1. Cabbage– Has the ability to activate liver enzymes that flush the liver of toxins.
2. Leafy green vegetables– eat your greens is what many of our parents told us, but do you know that the healing properties of leafy greens have the ability to pull toxins from our liver.
3. Carrots– are not only good for eyesight but this veggie is loaded with beta-carotene and flavonoids that promote liver health.
4. Beets– are not only a good support for blood, but the vitamins in beets also help to promote and support liver health.
5. Olive oil– we all know about the famous olive oil, olive oil helps to absorb harmful toxins from the liver.
Herbs that detoxes the liver
1. Peppermint– studies have shown that the properties of peppermint protect the liver against certain toxins.
2. Garlic– I love cooking with garlic, it has such a great aroma and the taste is so awesome. But garlic also has the ability to stimulate liver enzymes that rid the liver of toxins.
3. Aloe vera– is loaded with so much and can do a whole for our bodies. Aloe vera help to rid the body of toxins making it easier on liver function.
4. Ginger– is an amazing herb that aids the body in so many ways, but this super herb also has the ability to cleanse the liver by helping the body get rid of harmful toxins.
5. Seaweed– is a good source of sodium alginate which aids in absorbing toxins from the body making it easier on the liver.
Other superfoods that detox the liver
The POWER Of JUICING
Another method of liver detoxing is by juicing, this is a great way to blend those superfoods into a healthy drink that can work wonders keeping your liver healthy and fit. For more information on Healthy juicing follow the link.
Our liver plays such an important function to ensure that we are in good health at all times, let’s do all that we can to keep our liver function at it’s best