Healing naturally with these remedies
Anxiety and Stress are issues that affect so many people worldwide. Anxiety is known as a mental condition, this condition affects more than 30 million people each year in the United States alone. Signs of anxiety include
- Tense muscles
- Shortness of breath
- Problem sleeping
- Problems keeping still
- Dry mouth
- Heart palpitations
- Hands that are cold, sweaty, and numb
- Feet that are cold sweaty and numb
Then there is stress, that many people are all too familiar with. Stress is brought on by so many conditions such as overwork, trying to meet a deadline, overdue bills, and so on. Some signs of stress include
- Chest pain
- Tenses muscles
- Low energy
- Low sex drive
- Upset stomach
- Rapid heartbeat
The good news is anxiety and stress can be brought under control by going natural. These natural methods are a great way to get the job done without side effects helping you to return to living a normal life again. Here are some natural remedies that have given good results.
10 Natural remedies for anxiety
1. Get lots of rest- There is something about not only resting but sleeping that causes our bodies and minds to go through a rejuvenation period causing us to feel refresh and revived.
2. Exercise- Exercise does not only keep us in shape but allows the body to release endorphins putting us in a more relaxed state of mind making us feel better. So if you haven’t as yet then start an exercise program that is so beneficial to your physical and mental well-being.
3. Caffeine- Trush the caffeine in every form whether sodas, tea, or coffee because these drinks are loaded with caffeine. Recent studies have shown that adding these drinks to your diet if you are fighting anxiety can worsen the problem.
4. Diet- Have you ever heard the saying “you are what you eat”, this is so true because diet plays a major part in fighting anxiety. Certain foods such as process foods, artificial flavors and so on may affect some people in a negative way bringing on anxiety.
A diet that consists of vegetables, fruits, nuts, herbs, lean protein, and complex carbohydrates have been known to benefit the body in so many ways and can help in fighting anxiety.
5. Alcohol- This is a NO-NO. Many people feel that consuming alcohol will bring relief and take away the problem which is far from the truth. Alcohol only increases the problems and when it comes to anxiety alcohol will not help. So stay away from alcohol in every form.
6. Getting help. There are many support groups besides family and friends that can help you through this time in your life. Also, there are professional therapists that offer their service.
7. Tea drinking- Drinking tea, not the kind that is loaded with caffeine but herbal tea such as chamomile has been known to put persons in a more relaxed state.
The chemicals in this herbal tea that is responsible for this is known as luteolin and apigenin, making chamomile tea a part of your diet will help in fighting anxiety.
8. Deep breathing- Practising deep breathing has shown to help when anxiety kicks in. As you take deep slow breathes it helps to calm the heart, relaxes your muscles, decrease your blood pressure, and increases levels of nitric oxide.
9. Vitamin B complex- Research has shown that a deficiency in Vitamin B6 and B12 can cause anxiety. Some benefits of these vitamins are clarity of the mind and supporting the nervous system.
10.Magnesium- Magnesium plays a vital role in fight anxiety because magnesium contains minerals that contribute to mental health.
10 Natural remedies for stress
1. Exercise- Feeling stressed then how about starting an exercise program. Exercise has proven to get rid of stress by allowing a fresh supply of oxygen in the body that enhances blow flow which relieves stress.
2. Connecting with nature- A change of scenery is just what the doctor ordered. Getting out, connecting with nature, and just relaxing taking in deep breathes can bring such great calm.
3. Hobby- When is the last time you painted a photo went bird watching or made pottery. While these may not be your interest in getting in involved in a hobby is a great stress reliever.
4. Vitamins and Supplements- When was the last time you give your body a boost? Vitamins such as vitamin B complex and Magnesium has proven to give good results.
5. Movie- Movie night is a great way to relieve stress. Learn to laugh and have fun with family and friends or by yourself by watching good clean comedy shows.
6. Project stress reliever- Ok you may not want to call it that but starting a project like redecorating your home, fixing a puzzle starting a garden, etc… can help to relieve stress.
7. Games- Playing games whether board games such as connect four, sorry, monopoly, etc.. or video games can fight stress. For me, the video games I prefer are the ones that are clean without cursing and violence.
8. Lemon balm– Using herbs is a great way to relieve stress because herbs are loaded with so many vitamins besides other benefits. One herb that is a great stress reliever is the lemon balm herb.
Research has shown that compounds in lemon balm have a positive effect on the brain that helps to relieve stress. Other herbs that are good for relieving stress are chamomile, lavender, and Curcumin.
9. Enjoying life- Enjoying the simple things of life. Try not to keep up or be in competition with the Joneses. Live within your means and not above it is a great way to kick stress in the butt.
10. No, No- Saying no even though you may not want to is great because, in the long run, you will be a happier person which is a stress killer.
The final word
Winning the war on anxiety and stress is possible by putting these methods into practice. Don’t let stress and anxiety take you under get the upper hand over them by fighting back.
Many people have put these methods into practice and won an so can you, it is all a matter of going for it you can do it. Let’s get started on the road to recovery because you can do it.
About the author
Norman loves being in the garden, both at home and for his job....
he is 'Natures Little helper' being outdoors, growing his vegetables and flowers from an early age.
Now having spent over 22 years in the profession he want to give some of his knowledge to others...
his vast array of hints and tips you will find scattered over this site will help you no end growing plants in your garden.
7 thoughts on “Natural Remedies For Anxiety And Stress”
Perfect, I always preferred natural remedies over any kind of synthetic drug. Natural remedies have no side effects and always provide positive benefits. I’ll be testing out some of these today to reduce my stress level thanks again. I like to do some light yoga poses to keep my body lose as well.
It is so good to know that there are natural ways to improve our health. What I have listed in this post is sure to work. Please let me know how it goes. All the best to you and have a good day.
I agree natural remedies are the only help with stress and anxiety, drawing helps me to reduce my stress and i find it stimulates your brain and keeps it active.
I have not heard of a lemon balm herb and i will be going to get some and try it out:) how would you use this herb?
I really do not eat enough vegetables and reading your post has given me a kick up the butt.
Thanks for the info:)
Hello so nice to see you. Using natural methods in my opinion is always the better way. I have include this link to a post that I wrote a few months ago on lemon balm and its benefits including making the tea. Hope you find this helpful. All the best to you and have a good day.
What a great lot of tips for anxiety and stress and many I already do in my every day. Natural anything is better than medication so you have hit the nail on the head there.
I like the very last thing about learning to say No – probably one I should get better at with my kids! Really good information in this article so thanks for sharing!
I’ve tried many of the stress relievers mentioned in your post, they work. I am at a point in my life where things I used to be able to shake off, I’m not able to any more. Exercise, for one, helps me. My elders knew herbs that grew locally and would use them for many illnesses and they worked. Saying no is a big one I had to learn. “NO” relieves a lot of pressure and can free up valuable time. Very good info.
Thank you, Norman, for these great tips. I believe more in natural remedies as opposed to popping pills. Much appreciated!