Noni Health Benefit
All that we need in order to live a healthy life can be found in what nature has to offer. I have been working with plants for nearly 22 years and the benefits that are found in plants are so awesome. I refer to plants as nature’s wonders or nature’s helpers.
One plant in particular that can do a whole lot of good is the Noni plant. The fruit of the Noni plant is widely used because of its healing properties which have done so much good in helping to bring healing to many persons that have had health-related issues. In this article, we will be looking at the Noni tree and some of the ways it can benefit us.
The Noni tree
When planting seeds, plant in a one- gallon pot, make sure and use a good potting or organic-rich soil along with half a cup of vermiculite and sand. Seeds should be planted about one to one and a half inch in the soil. Make sure that your plants get six to eight hours of sunlight each day and keep the soil moist.
After seeds have germinated and plant reaches two to three feet you can remove the plant from the pot and transplant in an area that gets plenty of sunlight. Before you install your plant, however, make sure that the planting hole is twice that of the root ball, a larger hole this size will allow space for plant root growth ensuring that your plant establishes much faster as well as being well anchored to the soil. Also add compost to the planting hole, two shovels of compost is good.
Fertilize your plant
Fertilize your plant to keep it healthy and vibrant. Fertilize plant with triple 10, that’s 10-10-10 or triple 20. Word of caution here, before fertilizing make sure and read the label, follow instruction because the label is the law. Many persons have done much damage to plants
by over fertilizing because they did not take the time to read the label. So remember the label is the law. Fertilize your plant every three months, that’s four times a year. Or if you prefer you can use organic fertilizer. To learn more about organic fertilizers follow this link. Organic fertilizers.
Noni tree reaches full maturity in about 18 months and can reach a high of 15-20 feet with a width span of 10 feet in diameter so make sure and give your plant plenty of room to grow.
Harvesting the Noni fruit
You can harvest the fruit when it becomes tender and a somewhat yellowish cream color. Do not wait for the fruit to overripe. Apart from noni fruit health benefits, the odor is not pleasant at all, in fact, you may think that this fruit is quite the opposite because of the odor, but be assured the health benefits out ways the odor.
Recipe for noni juice
Here is a recipe that can be tried for a healthy drink
1. Using a large glass jar, make sure the glass is well washed with soap and warm water. After washing rinse jar.
2. Wash noni well with fresh water, allow to dry and place noni fruit in the sun for about 4-5 hours then place the fruits in the jar, replace the lid and seal tightly. Allow noni to remain in the jar for one and a half to two months this will allow the fermentation process to really set in.
3. Make sure and place the jar in direct sunlight.
4. With a second sterilize jar of the same size use strainer or cheesecloth and strain your juice. The strainer or cheesecloth will catch all of that other stuff, all you want is the liquid or juice.
5. Place jar in a pot of boiling water, boil for about 45 minutes. Make sure that the lid is not on the bottle at this point and be very careful as to not allow boiling water to enter jar, water should only reach up to the line where the noni juice is and not beyond.
6. Allow the jar to cool, seal and place in the refrigerator.
Now you can enjoy a healthy drink of Noni juice.
Vitamin content is as followed
Vitamin A, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C, Phosphorus, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Potassium, Niacin, has antioxidants that benefit the body in so many ways.
1. Aids in the prevention of cancer.
2. Can help reduce high blood pressure.
3. Can help those who have diabetes.
4. Can help to relieve joint pain.
5. Helps to boost immune system health.
6. Helps to condition the skin.
7. Aids in brain health.
8. Helps to lower cholesterol.
9. Helps to give more healthy hair.
10.Can aid persons that have hypertension.
11. Can help persons that have asthma.
12. Helps to improve heart health.
These are just a few of the many benefits of the Noni fruit, the list of benefits is even longer. So let’s make noni a part of our diet and reap the benefits of enjoying good health.