Nutritional Facts About Potatoes
Nutritional facts about potatoes
Before we look at the nutritional side of potatoes we will be looking at some fun facts, foods and health benefits of potatoes. Planting potatoes.
1.Potatoes was said to be the first vegetable grown in space back in 1995
2.Potatoes are the only vegetable sold most at fast food joints
3.You can cut potatoes in pieces making sure that each piece has two or three eyes or sprout plant them and those pieces will grow into a full potato, make sure when using this method to keep a mound of soil around the potato to keep it covered until it reaches full maturity because if left expose while growing can become poisonous
4. Potatoes belong to the family such as sweet potato, red potato etc…
5.Potatoes can be served in many ways, potato salad, baked potato, french fries, potato chips….
Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, potassium, copper, manganese, niacin, phosphorus, pantothenic acid and dietary fiber,
- Potatoes can aid in heart health
- Potatoes are pack with antioxidants that is helpful to the body
- A diet of potato can aid in fighting cancer
- Potatoes can help to lower cholesterol
- Potatoes can help to lower blood pressure
- It is believed that a diet that consists of potatoes can reduce aging
- Vitamins that are found in potatoes are known to be a brain booster
- Potatoes can help with inflammation
- Eating potatoes can help to promote healthy bones
- Potatoes can help the immune system function properly
Potatoes have its share of Vitamins that can be of benefit to our bodies, so let’s make potatoes a part of our diet what I want to say here also is potatoes are best eaten if baked, grilled or semi-boil. French fries are not healthy because of the high grease content
so let’s eat potatoes the healthy way its good for us.