Nutritional Facts about Potatoes
Before we look at the nutritional side of potatoes we will be looking at some fun facts, foods, and health benefits of the potato plant.
1. Potatoes were said to be the first vegetable grown in space back in 1995
2. Potatoes are the only vegetable sold mostly at fast food joints
3. You can cut potatoes in pieces making sure that each piece has two or three eyes or sprout plant them and those pieces will grow into a full potato, make sure when using this method to keep a mound of soil around the potato to keep it covered until it reaches full maturity because if left expose while growing can become poisonous
4. Potatoes belong to the family such as sweet potato, red potato, etc…
5. Potatoes can be served in many ways, potato salad, baked potato, french fries, potato chips, etc…
Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, potassium, copper, manganese, niacin, phosphorus, pantothenic acid, and dietary fiber,
- Potatoes can aid in heart health
- Potatoes are pack with antioxidants that is helpful to the body
- A diet of potato can aid in fighting cancer
- Potatoes can help to lower cholesterol
- Potatoes can help to lower blood pressure
- It is believed that a diet that consists of potatoes can reduce aging
- Vitamins that are found in potatoes are known to be a brain booster
- Potatoes can help with inflammation
- Eating potatoes can help to promote healthy bones
- Potatoes can help the immune system function properly
The Final word
Potatoes have their share of Vitamins that can be of benefit to our bodies, so let’s make potatoes a part of our diet what I want to also say here is potatoes are best eaten if baked, grilled, or semi-boil. French fries are not healthy because of the high grease content. So let’s eat potatoes the healthy way it’s good for us.
About the author
Norman loves being in the garden, both at home and for his job....
he is 'Natures Little helper' being outdoors, growing his vegetables and flowers from an early age.
Now having spent over 22 years in the profession he want to give some of his knowledge to others...
his vast array of hints and tips you will find scattered over this site will help you no end growing plants in your garden.