Nutritional facts about cabbage
Let’s look at some fun facts, health facts, foods, and benefits of cabbage.
- Cabbage can be either red, purple, or green
- It is said if you add to much salt to your gravy while cooking just add some cabbage leaves because the leaves will help get rid of the saltiness
- Cabbage has many layers
- Cabbage can be eaten raw or cooked
- Cabbage is said to date back to the 1600bc
Vitamin content of cabbage are as followed, Copper, potassium, Vitamin C, Vitamin B1, Vitamin K, Folate, Manganese, Vitamin B6, dietary, calcium, thiamin, phosphorus, and iron
- Cabbage can aid in a good bowel movement
- A diet that consists of cabbage can help to reduce heart disease
- Can help to prevent cancer
- Cabbage aids in weight loss
- Cabbage is known to be a brain booster
- A diet of cabbage can help strengthen your bones
- Cabbage can help to promote good vision
- Cabbage can aid in fighting inflammation
- Lower cholesterol
- Cabbage helps to detoxify the body
The final word
One of the best ways that we can eat vegetables is raw or partially cooked because eating cabbage in this way can and will preserve the nutrients. Let’s make cabbage a part of our diet.
About the author
Norman loves being in the garden, both at home and for his job....
he is 'Natures Little helper' being outdoors, growing his vegetables and flowers from an early age.
Now having spent over 22 years in the profession he want to give some of his knowledge to others...
his vast array of hints and tips you will find scattered over this site will help you no end growing plants in your garden.