Nutritional Facts about Corn
We will be looking at ways that corn can benefit us, and also at vitamins that corn contains and how a diet of corn can actually promote our health. But before we discuss these three topics I want us to look at some fun facts about corn.
1. There are 800 kernels in 16 rows on each ear of corn.
2. America’s number one field crop is corn.
3. Corn seeds are the only seed you can pop and have an instant snack.
4. Corn is grown on every continent in the world except Antarctica.
5. The main ingredient in most dry pet food is corn.
6. The corn ear is actually the part of the cornflowers.
7. There are more than 3,500 uses of corn like corn flakes, bread, peanut butter, etc…
8. Corn is used in batteries.
9. The starch in corn can be made into fabrics, plastic, etc…
10. Corn is used in producing fuel.
11. Corn is considered to be a fruit, vegetable, and grain
Nutritional facts about corn
Corn contains Vitamin A, Vitamin B, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Vitamin E, dietary fiber, manganese, phosphorus, niacin, folate, pantothenic acid, beta-carotene, potassium, fiber, and magnesium
1. Corn can help fight cancer.
2. Corn has antioxidants that help the body to get rid of free radicals.
3. Corn can help lower hypertension.
4. Corn can aid in the health of your heart.
5. Corn can aid the digestive system.
6. Corn is known to protect against lung cancer.
7. Corn can aid in weight loss.
8. Corn may help with your blood sugar level.
9. The fiber in corn can aid in good bowel movement.
10. Corn can help with your cholesterol.
The final word
Corn is not only used for its delicious taste, but also for its healing agents, so let’s make this a part of our diet and promote our health and our well-being.
About the author
Norman loves being in the garden, both at home and for his job....
he is 'Natures Little helper' being outdoors, growing his vegetables and flowers from an early age.
Now having spent over 22 years in the profession he want to give some of his knowledge to others...
his vast array of hints and tips you will find scattered over this site will help you no end growing plants in your garden.