Nutritional Facts About Corn
Nutritional facts about corn
We will be looking at ways that corn can benefit us, and also at vitamins that corn contains and how a diet of corn can actually promote our health. But before we discuss these three topics I want us to look at some fun facts about corn. To learn more about corn click on this link. Vegetable garden
1. There are 800 kernels in 16 rows on each ear of corn.
2. America’s number one field crop is corn.
3. Corn seeds are the only seed that you can pop and have an instant snack.
4. Corn is grown on every continent in the world except Antarctica.
5. The main ingredient in most dry pet food is corn.
6. The corn ear is actually the part of the cornflowers.
7. There are more than 3,500 uses of corn like corn flakes, bread, peanut butter, etc…
8. Corn is used in batteries.
9. The starch in corn can be made into fabrics, plastic etc…
10. Corn is used in producing fuel.
11. Corn is considered to be a fruit, vegetable, and a grain.
Corn contains Vitamin A, Vitamin B, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Vitamin E, dietary fiber, manganese, phosphorus, niacin, folate, pantothenic acid, beta-carotene, potassium, fiber and magnesium
1. Corn can help fight cancer.
2. Corn has antioxidant.
3. Corn can help lower hypertension.
4. Corn can aid in the health of your heart.
5. Corn can aid the digestive system.
6. Corn is known to protect against lung cancer.
7. Corn can aid in weight loss.
8. Corn may help with your blood sugar level.
9. The fiber in corn can aid in good bowel movement.
10. Corn can help with your cholesterol.
Corn cannot only be used for its delicious taste, but also for its healing agents, so let’s make this a part of our diet and promote our health and our well-being.