Nutritional Facts About Grapes
Grapes make a healthy treat because of the vitamins and other benefits they provide for our bodies. But before we look at some of these nutritional facts we will be looking at some fun facts about grapes.
- There are more than 8,000 varieties of grapes.
- The raisins that we eat are dried grapes.
- Wines have been made from grapes since 500 BC.
- Grapes grow in clusters that sometimes look like a pyramid.
- Although grapes grow from the grape seed, some of them are seedless.
- Grapes according to their species can either be red, blue, black, purple, green, golden or white.
- The grape industry in California has about 550 farmers.
- Grapes are among the world’s top 10 favorite fruit.
- One grapevine can produce up to 40 clusters of grapes.
- Grapevines can spread up to more than 50 ft.
- Some grapes are about the size of a marble.
- Grapes consist of about 80% of water.
Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Manganese, Beta-carotene, Fiber, Polyphenols, Vitamin B6, Riboflavin, and Thiamin
- Grapes help to fight cancer.
- Relieves constipation.
- Lowers cholesterol.
- It helps to prevent indigestion.
- It helps to treat diabetes.
- It helps to protect your heart.
- It helps boost brain health.
- It helps in weight loss.
- Helps persons with high blood pressure.
- Contains antioxidants.
The final word on grapes
Grapes can do wonders for your body, so take advantage of these fruits by making them a part of your diet to give your body that added boost.