Nutritional facts about nuts
Going nuts over nuts
Are you crazy about nuts or are you nuts over nuts. Nuts are loved and widely used by so many cultures in so many ways, there are chocolate covered nuts, nut cake, ice cream covered nuts, nuts in salads and so many other recipes that include nuts.
It’s no wonder why we go nuts over nuts, nuts taste great and have so many benefits. Christmas time is wonderful because we get to spend time with families, friends, watch classic Christmas movies, parties, exchange gifts and all of that other good stuff, now I know you are wondering where am I going with all of this, we are suppose to be talking about nuts, Ok let me get to the point.
I said all of that to make this one simple statement, and that is where would Christmas be without NUTS ? as a child growing up one of the fun things about Christmas was all the assorted nuts that grace our table, man I always had a ball eating them. With that said we will be looking at some other cool facts about nuts.
Fun facts about nuts
Ok, let’s have some fun as we go nuts over nuts.
1. It is said that almonds have a long storage life and can be refrigerated for up to 2 years.
2. It takes about 540 peanuts to make a 12-ounce jar of peanut butter.
3. It is believed that Americans spends about $800 million a year on peanut butter.
4. 40% of the almonds that is produced worldwide goes into chocolate products.
5. Nuts are said to be dried fruit.
6. Coconut is used in artwork.
7. Coconut is used in foods, drinks, hair products, medications, furniture, lumber as a pot to hold orchids on trees, fuel, body moisturizer etc..
8. Coconut is said to be the largest nut in the world.
9. There is said to be 1,300 species of coconut.
10. Coconuts were named by sixteen- century Portuguese sailors.
The list can go on with fun facts about nuts and coconuts, but we will stop here and look at the vitamin content of nuts.
Vitamin content of nuts
Trying to mention the different varieties name by name, give their fun facts, vitamin content and health facts are far beyond the scope of this article, so what we will do is just look at some general information that covers the nut family.
Nuts are not only great for their taste, but nuts are very beneficial because of its vitamin content. Here are the vitamin contents of nuts. Vitamin A, many Vitamin B group, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Zinc, Copper, Potassium, Iron, Manganese, Magnesium, Calcium, Minerals and also dietary fibre.
1. Almonds help to build healthy bones.
2. Studies have shown that eating enough nuts can help with weight loss.
3. Eating nuts help to promote heart health.
4. A diet that contains nuts is believed to protect from Alzheimer.
5. Nuts help to lower blood pressure.
6. Nuts promote a healthy brain.
7. Studies have shown that eating nuts can lower cholesterol.
8. A diet in nuts may help stop plaques from developing in the arteries.
9. Brazil nuts have been known to help promote thyroid function.
10. Nuts are packed with antioxidants.
The final word
There are so many varieties of nuts that are so beneficial to our bodies, so let’s make them a part of our diet. Nuts are just great.