Nutritional Facts About Onions
Nutritional facts about onion
Onions do not only taste great in salads, soups, and many other dishes but they also contain vitamins that can be of great benefit to us along with many illnesses they help the body to fight. But before we look at these facts we are going to get into some fun facts about onions. For more on onion clink on this link. Vegetable garden.
1. Onions are either red, with, yellow or purple.
2. If you eat too many raw onions you have what they call onion breath.
3. Onions are the only vegetable that can make you cry.
4. The top or green parts of onions can spring even when onions are out of the ground.
5. You can use onions to clean your barbecue grill.
6. Onions have many layers.
7. Onions can act as an insect repellent.
8. Rubbing onions over your skin will cause dogs not to pick up on your sent as easy.
9. Slice onions can soothe insect bites.
10. Slice onions can soothe minor burns on the skin.
Onions contain Vitamin C, iron, Calcium, Copper, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B6, potassium, manganese, phosphorus, dietary fiber, folate, folic acid, and quercetin
Onions have been known to be a good source for thinning the blood, Nattokinase is also recommended to thin the blood. Nattokinase is a supplement- A popular enzyme derived from Natto a Japanese soy food. Natto helps blood circulation for optimum heart health and maintenance of healthy blood pressure sugar levels already within the normal range.
Onions help to fight
- Onions can help to regulate blood sugar level.
- Rubbing Onion on your skin can relieve minor burns.
- Onions can help cure infections.
- Onions can improve your digestive system.
- Onions can help to fight cancer.
- Onions may help to fight plaque buildup.
- Onions can help to detoxify the body.
- Onions can help in lowering your cholesterol.
- Onion can help to heal infections.
- Onion Can aid in thinning the blood.
The final word
So we see that onions cannot only be used for its flavors but also contains vitamins that can build up our bodies and healing agents which can work wonders for our bodies. So let’s include or increase our intake of this vegetable that can do our bodies good and help us to have a more happy and healthy life, thereby adding years to our life and life to our years.