Nutritional Facts About Pineapples
Pineapples are a popular fruit that is mostly grown on the Island of Eleuthera. Some of the many dishes and desserts that we use pineapple in are tropical conch salad, pineapple tart, pineapple upside down cake, pineapple daiquiri etc.
We will be looking at some very interesting facts about the pineapple fruit.
1. You can cut the top or head off a pineapple, and guess what?
that head or top will blossom and grow into a full juicy pineapple.
2. Christopher Columbus discovered this fruit in 1493 when he set foot on one of the Caribbean Islands.
3. Pineapples are in the family of the bromeliads.
4. There is a pineapple plant that grows pineapples but the fruit is not edible. Instead, the plant is used for garden designs.
5. Costa Rica is known for its mass production of pineapples.
6. It is believed that pineapple is a berry.
7. Pineapple is a tropical fruit.
8. It takes over 2 years for a pineapple to mature.
9. Pineapple is a bunch of fruitlets fused together.
10. Many years ago Hawaii was the largest producer of pineapples.
Vitamin B1, Vitamin B6, manganese, folate, dietary fibre, pantothenic acid, and Vitamin C.
Pineapple has a great taste. But besides the great taste, the vitamin content is an added plus to a diet of pineapples. Some benefits of the pineapple fruits include
1. Pineapple helps to promote strong bones.
2. Helps to prevent hair loss.
3. Can help to lower blood pressure.
4. Helps to fight against cancer.
5. Helps to promote heart health.
6. Helps to fight against cataracts.
7. Helps to promote healthy skin.
8. Can help fight the common cold.
9. Helps to promote the digestive system.
10. Helps to soften chapped lips.
The final word
Pineapples can help us in so many ways, so take advantage of this fruit by making it a part of your diet. But very rarely there are those who have an allergic reaction or itchy lips when consuming this fruit. So for those first timers out there, try a little piece with some Benadryl close by for safety.