Nutritional facts about strawberries
Strawberries are one of my favorite fruits. These fruits can be used in so many different dishes mainly desserts to delight our taste buds. We will also be looking at some fun facts and health benefits of these fruits.
1. Strawberries are the first fruit to ripen in spring.
2. Strawberries are removed with some of the stems still attached.
3. Strawberries are a member of the rose family.
4. Strawberry flavor is added to candies, gums, sodas, pastries, yogurt, and ice cream.
5. Strawberries are the only fruit where the seeds grow on the outside.
6. Like some other fruits strawberries don’t continue to ripen after they are picked.
7. Belgium has a museum dedicated to strawberries.
8. Strawberries are among the world’s most popular fruit.
9. It is said that the largest strawberry producing state is California.
10. There are about 200 seeds on a single strawberry.
Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin B6, magnesium, potassium, folate, manganese, antioxidants, iodine, and dietary fiber
- It can help to fight against cancer.
- It can help to prevent heart disease.
- It can help to reduce blood pressure.
- Aids in weight loss.
- It helps to boost memory.
- Strawberries have anti-aging properties.
- Good to help fight diabetes.
- Improves bowel movements.
- Aids in fighting against the stroke.
- It can help to cleanse the body.
The final word
As you can see there are a lot of benefits you can get from these fruits. So make it a part of your daily intake and I promise you your body will get that added boost.
To learn more about strawberries click this link. Garden fruits and vegetables.
About the author
Norman loves being in the garden, both at home and for his job....
he is 'Natures Little helper' being outdoors, growing his vegetables and flowers from an early age.
Now having spent over 22 years in the profession he want to give some of his knowledge to others...
his vast array of hints and tips you will find scattered over this site will help you no end growing plants in your garden.