Nutritional Facts Of Spinach
Do you remember that popular cartoon way back in the day that we watch as children? It was a cartoon that was produced somewhere in the 1930’s, and no I am not that old it was a cartoon that was still being aired on television when I came around.
The name of that famous cartoon was Popeye the sailor man. The storyline was always the same but as a kid I really enjoyed it. Popeye had a girlfriend by the name of olive, now the thing was there was another guy by the name of Bluto
Who always challenge Popeye for her, well to make a long story short Popeye would always beat up Bluto by eating a can of spinach that supercharged him and give him superhuman strength
Even though this was exaggerated I am such that parents use this cartoon to help convince their kids why it is so important to eat their veggies including spinach. What we will be discussing is how this veggie can supercharge our diet.
Spinach can really give those much-needed vitamins that can help to sustain our bodies helping us to be more healthy. I often eat spinach in salads and to be honest with you it is really great. Spinach has a list of vitamins such as.
Nutritional facts of spinach
Vitamin content of spinach
Vitamin A,Vitamin B-6,Vitamin B-12,Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Calcium, Potassium, Magnesium, Manganese, Iron, Dietary fiber, Folate, Riboflavin, Zinc, Thiamin.
Spinach health benefits
Besides the nutritional facts of spinach, spinach also has some awesome benefits that can also supercharge our bodies which include.
1.Spinach is a great source of fiber which can help with bowel movement.
2. Spinach helps to promote heart health.
3. Can improve eyesight.
4. Spinach is great for our skin, making it more healthy looking.
5. Aid in fighting cancer.
6. Maintains blood pressure.
7. Promotes Good digestion.
8. Prevents osteoporosis.
9. Strengthens the bones.
10. Spinach contains antioxidants that help to rid the body of free radicals.
11. Spinach aids in weight loss.
12. Help to control our cholesterol level.
Spinach has some fun facts which are
1. Spinach produces tiny green and yellow flowers.
2. China is the largest producer of spinach which is a whopping 19 million tons.
3. Spinach is promoted in the Popeye the sailor man cartoon.
4. There is said to be 3 varieties of spinach.
5. Spinach can be eaten cooked or raw.
6This veggie has been dated back as far as the 8 century AD.
Spinach is pretty amazing, so I guess we can see why this was Popeye’s favorite veggie. A diet in spinach can really supercharge our health and benefits us in so many ways.
The next time you write that shopping list don’t forget to include spinach that can really take our health to the next level as we seek to promote our health.